Discussion - Recent survey questions
I feel like just about everyone is right in here, I've been reading through the comments and I can relate to most of them. The teachers are doing a worse job than ever. The teachers should stop focusing on answering /help calls, but start teaching people on how to do simple RP. A lot of new players join the server every day without any idea what RP is, never heard of /me and /it commands and therefore is lost in the big unfair world of Fearless.
New players needs help getting started, especially if they don't have a friend who already plays on the server. This is what the teacher team should focus on - To help new players. They don't really need a special rank to do this, but when a newbie meets someone with higher rank than themselves, some of them might be more willing to listen and learn about Fearless.
When I was a teacher, I remember that I met up with "newbies", gave them some stuff because I had too much shit, and then I tried to teach them how things worked. I created small RPs with them etc. Gave them an RPP if I felt like they at least tried, even if their RP sucks. I didn't expect a totally new player to learn how to RP like a "pro" in seconds.
On top of that I created RPs where I invited a bunch of noobs to join, why? Because I think it was fun to teach them.

As Falc and a lot of other people said, questions can easily be answered in OOC by everyone in the community. One doesn't need a rank to do this, I totally agree with this. But some players might find the answers more trustworthy if it comes from someone with a higher rank.
On top of that, the /help calls are somewhat secret from everyone else. The teachers are told not to leak the questions, but let's be honest, they do. And if they don't, they make fun of it in the Teachers office. It's almost a competition to find the funniest /help call, take a screenshot of it and post it in the office. And to be honest, they are hilarious.

As discussed, the teacher rank is a gateway to admin. Not that you will need to have teacher to get admin, but more eyes will be looked at you if you got a rank higher than Donator. The more people that are looking at you or playing with you, the more likely you are to get promoted to admin. I know a lot of people that applied to the Teacher rank hoping to get admin one day (Jonas).
I personally didn't apply to teacher to get promoted to staff, as I didn't think I'd be able to fulfill the duty. But If I got asked to take the role, I would've been more than willing to accept it.

In conclusion, the role of the Teachers needs to be changed. I don't think it should be removed.
Get some teachers that are willing to do more than just answer /help calls. Or at least teach the current teachers how to.
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
The following 3 users Like Balls's post:
  • Envy, General Rickets, Self
(01-03-2018, 11:07 AM)Random Wrote: I have strong opinions on what I think Soul should do. Which I am not going to state here as it was not in the survey.

BUT TO HIS DEFENCE.
I can see why Soul was not on the survey, after reading DVN's comment. And I can see why Soul does not want to appoint a Co-owner due to history on FL (Including the split..).

Still though. Soul has promised many things over the year. Unfortunately he has not kept a lot of those promises.

I understand why he has doubts, but them doubts have come from his own actions.

(01-03-2018, 12:58 PM)Falc Wrote: Why has this turnt on Soul?

Why is he needed right now? How have donations entered this talk?

Are there Devs? Are they making updates? Yes. Is donation money in need right now to help the server? No.

Don’t turn this on/about someone, that’s not what this discussion is about.

It’s a damn survey, the owner doesn’t need to babysit it.

It was a question about where soul is, what is he doing, is he doing anything for the community? This is a place to have a discussion, which is what I am doing. If there is no answer, then so be it. A question is a question.

He is needed as it is his community that is being questioned, his staff team.

The reason I mention donation money is because it can be used for much better things, such as server improvements (Hiring freelance developers who will be able to help out with the releasing of updates). I know they're making updates, I have just seen one be released, it's just slow progress.

Again, it was a question for soul. Not for you, unless you of course know the answer. Sorry he did not partake in this survey, however I have the right to ask.
Oh, nor did I mention babysitting at any point. I asked in why is not here often, which was kindly answered by DVN.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
We decided not to add Soul to the Survey because there's not a lot Divey and myself can do about him. It's his Community and runs it his way. In my opinion, he's just fine the way he's doing. He has dispersed his responsibilities across the team and is only a message away. Soul has been this way for a long time, yet Fearless still stands. We all enjoy this community, no matter the rank and we all want is to see it be successful. As Soul has stated many a time, the servers will be up until the last community member leaves.

As for Development and hiring people to code for the Gamemode. You'll find it quite a hard task to hire someone who would be willing to code for such a dated GameMode. (Note: Not impossible). Development is the best it's been in quite a while now, and it's only getting better. I think people just need to have some faith. People care a lot about Development, which is evident by the passion some people have. However, when people complain and give no constructive feedback, it just has a negative effect (Developer motivation, etc).

The whole reason we made this survey was to get a "new start" vibe. We only wanted your opinions of what you think of current systems and get some suggestions on how they can be improved. Sadly, we had many trolls in the survey who clearly don't care, but there was a lot of useful feedback for staff, development and teachers which has actually been addressed with the appropriate sectors and is currently being worked on/discussed. We're only trying to make this a better experience for everyone.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 10 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Jonas, BasicallyMental, Tomo, TheSiphon, TheMJ, Random, Divey, Luna, Pollux, Wolven
(01-03-2018, 02:42 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: -snip-

Thank you for your response.
As nice as it would be to see Soul interact with the community a little more, it is how it is i guess.

As with the developer thing, has it ever been considered to try and find someone to help code for the server? From optimization of the gamemode (Which would encourage more developers) to just working on updates?
And, with the status of the current development picking up, motivation (I expect) would be much better due to the recent feedback from the updates we have been waiting for
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Balls Wrote: I feel like just about everyone is right in here, I've been reading through the comments and I can relate to most of them. The teachers are doing a worse job than ever. The teachers should stop focusing on answering /help calls, but start teaching people on how to do simple RP. A lot of new players join the server every day without any idea what RP is, never heard of /me and /it commands and therefore is lost in the big unfair world of Fearless.
New players needs help getting started, especially if they don't have a friend who already plays on the server. This is what the teacher team should focus on - To help new players. They don't really need a special rank to do this, but when a newbie meets someone with higher rank than themselves, some of them might be more willing to listen and learn about Fearless.
When I was a teacher, I remember that I met up with "newbies", gave them some stuff because I had too much shit, and then I tried to teach them how things worked. I created small RPs with them etc. Gave them an RPP if I felt like they at least tried, even if their RP sucks. I didn't expect a totally new player to learn how to RP like a "pro" in seconds.
On top of that I created RPs where I invited a bunch of noobs to join, why? Because I think it was fun to teach them.

As Falc and a lot of other people said, questions can easily be answered in OOC by everyone in the community. One doesn't need a rank to do this, I totally agree with this. But some players might find the answers more trustworthy if it comes from someone with a higher rank.
On top of that, the /help calls are somewhat secret from everyone else. The teachers are told not to leak the questions, but let's be honest, they do. And if they don't, they make fun of it in the Teachers office. It's almost a competition to find the funniest /help call, take a screenshot of it and post it in the office. And to be honest, they are hilarious.

As discussed, the teacher rank is a gateway to admin. Not that you will need to have teacher to get admin, but more eyes will be looked at you if you got a rank higher than Donator. The more people that are looking at you or playing with you, the more likely you are to get promoted to admin. I know a lot of people that applied to the Teacher rank hoping to get admin one day (Jonas).
I personally didn't apply to teacher to get promoted, as I didn't think I'd be able to fulfill the duty. But If I got asked to take the role, I would've been more than willing to accept it.

In conclusion, the role of the Teachers needs to be changed. I don't think it should be removed.
Get some teachers that are willing to do more than just answer /help calls. Or at least teach the current teachers how to.

I feel I don’t have to be taught how to do a role I’ve done for an added amount of nearly a year. Exactly what you said you’ve done is what I try my best to do as a teacher. I would be approached by new players, and they would ask me a simple question. If I had the time I would answer the question and try and give them a general introduction to the game mode and map. I would give them a small amount of money and tell them how to further get support if needed. I’ve visited RPs with new players and have witnessed some amazing RPs with the use of roleplay commands and them just being themselves and enjoying themselves. I’ve rewarded them for that and have given them advice for the future. 

I appreciate your comments and thoughts however and will try my best to better myself in the role.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • Balls
too much shit to read in this thread but my reaction so far is /grabs popcorn
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
The following 1 user Likes kakcraft's post:
  • Viljo
Can we have a conversation about the skills needed to be staff. I always thought you needed nothing more than common sense.

Edit: and that the way people were picked to become staff was a trust thing which is where the asslicking came from.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(01-03-2018, 06:29 PM)Disappointed Wrote: Can we have a conversation about the skills needed to be staff. I always thought you needed nothing more than common sense.

Edit: and that the way people were picked to become staff was a trust thing which is where the asslicking came from.

I don't know about now but back then I was promoted literally outta nowhere very little of the staff knew me nevermind the playerbase. Back then it was about activity, knowledge of the rules and potential. Now I couldn't answer your question..

(01-03-2018, 06:29 PM)Disappointed Wrote: Can we have a conversation about the skills needed to be staff. I always thought you needed nothing more than common sense.

Activity, enthusiasm to help others, knowledge of the rules.
And skills to be a staff member, same as I said above, they should be nothing different from the other players, they just have the power to enforce the rules and keep the server clean from minges. Should be pretty self-explanatory to everyone.
(01-03-2018, 06:39 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

I don't know about now but back then I was promoted literally outta nowhere very little of the staff knew me nevermind the playerbase. Back then it was about activity, knowledge of the rules and potential. Now I couldn't answer your question..

You did dont worry Smile
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]