Marketplace

Hello everyone.

For the past few months, I've been working on a new system for Fearless. The system is, as the title says, the marketplace of course.

You're probably wondering, "what exactly is the marketplace?" Well, hopefully this thread will explain it all.

What is the marketplace?

Think of eBay. For those of you who don't know, eBay, in a nutshell, is a website which allows users to list, bid, and buy items. I found a suggestion on the forums which suggested a system like this so I implemented it. The marketplace has two sections: purchasing and selling.

Purchasing

[Image: pVtpxvc.png]

In the purchasing section, as displayed above, you will be able to see other users' listings. You can hover over the items for quick previews of details including seller, item, quantity, bid, buyout and time remaining. 

In the above screenshot, there aren't many market listings. However, when it gets more hectic, there is a panel designed for finding your items easier - it's the filter panel which is found on the left side. In this panel, you can search for items by name, filter items (by time remaining, price ascending, price descending, your collections, and your listings), and filter items by price ranges.

[Image: 5OBHot0.png]

The menu above will appear when you manage / inspect a listing. If you're the buyer, you'll be inspecting the listing. If you're the seller, you'll be managing the listing. Sellers are able to remove their own listings if there isn't already an active bid on the item. Buyers can bid or completely buy out an item.

Selling

[Image: sG96K3E.png]

On the selling menu, you can see your entire inventory. Each item can be clicked on and you can enter a bid price, buyout price, duration (in minutes), and quantity. Once these values have been filled out correctly, the item can be submitted onto the main purchase screen for everyone to see.

What restrictions are in place?

Most items can be sold on the marketplace. There are no restrictions on donator or RPP restricted items (apart from the free ones). If you do proceed to purchase an item restricted by donator / RPP, you will be prompted with a message to confirm that you want to purchase the item.

The items that are completely banned are:
- BMW
- Gas Mask Suit
- Heavy Armour
- Ninja Suit
- Admin Suit

Other restrictions are:
- Maximum duration of 7 days.
- Maximum price of $15m bid / buyout.
- Only 2 listings can be placed at once.
- You can only unlist if there are no bidders.

How do I access the marketplace?

The marketplace can be conveniently accessed by pressing F4.

Credits

AwestruckBullet - Did some uploading for me.
Janzo - Creating the original suggestion.
Jonas - Drawing a design for me to base the marketplace from.
Broccoli - Uploading the files to beta, helped with the testing, and bits of code help along the way.
Devon - Also helped with uploading, testing, and bits of code.
Rick Sanchez - Did a lot of testing with me.

Also, thanks to the whole staff team in general who came up with ideas and discussions regarding the marketplace.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
Moved/Bumped

Thanks James!
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 3 users Like Broccoli's post:
  • James, Jeffrey, Pollux
Awesome!

Great job James!
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • James, Jeffrey
Love
Amazing work.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:81986316&b=12]
The following 2 users Like Janzo 火's post:
  • James, Jeffrey
Great job man! We really needed something like this.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • James
Yes! Finally out! Well done!
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jonas's post:
  • James
Amazing James, well done man Smile
The following 1 user Likes Exotic's post:
  • James
Really great suggestion which will come in handy, cheers James!!!
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • James
YOU HAVE MADE FEARLESS RP GREAT AGAIN!
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 1 user Likes Jeffrey's post:
  • James
Wow! Great Job!

Promote 2 dev plz
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 2 users Like ELAD's post:
  • James, Ethan Bradberry