[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi
So I was out and went to see the Star Wars movie The Last Jedi.

My own ratings (pros and cons):

Pros: 
+Chewbacca was in relevant part on the movie, which I am glad about, and he made a cute critter friend. I always love the humour parts with Chewie
+Rey finally got a little bit of background, when she was introduced, her character was obviously very dull at start.
+Movie kept me on the edge of my seat when Luke arrived at Crait.
+Awesome visual effects and technologies used
+I start to love Kylo Ren as a character, let him be the modern Darth Vader
+No cliffhanger

Cons: 
-Too much forced humour on some of the charactes, Luke's humour was blunt.
-Too many sub-plots, the movie was too long, could easily cut 15 minutes
-Downgrading Finn as a secondary character

Id say the movie was definitely better than Force Awakens
The following 1 user Likes Viljo's post:
  • Bobby
Dobby Dies
I loved the film. Was amazing when Admiral Holdo used light speed on the raddus to absolutely obliterate the supremacy ship xD
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Personally I loved the movie but many disliked it. It was much better than TFA. I however agree with them downgrading Finn, he had no major role in it so forcing one upon him would have been a bad idea. The little sub-plot with him and Rose was quite nice especially their adventures to Canto Bight. I believe the introduction of Astral Projection was a very good idea and using Force Imagery to position Luke somewhere that he wasn't. I do believe his Death wasn't necessary and wasn't the most 'Heroic' death either. Interesting to see Yoda destroying the Jedi Texts. I did find the Planet of Ahch-To a bit cringey with those 'Janitors' which had a lot of force humour and in places the Porgs did look quite unrealistic in their animation. However it was a solid movie that did build on the characters. However Captain Phasma again was useless. You got to feel Rens anger aswell with both Snoke and Skywalker. His threats to Hux were very intimidating and his overthrow to power was a very nice touch. The "Rule me and we can rule the galaxy together" made a drop like Episode V, however I let that slide. To see Rens anger as the Supreme Leader rage his hate for Luke and his numerous efforts to attack Skywalker make you feel for Ren as what Skywalker done to him was not something of a Master Jedi. The Movie did I believe personally flop on a few aspects, I loved the seen where there was a Mutiny and wished they continued it, I would have loved to watch Vice Admiral Holdo be arrested for War Crimes, but obviously Leia had to ruin that now didn't she. I really enjoyed the scene where the Mon Calamari Cruiser enter light speed with limited fuel and smash through the Supremacy was a dramatic scene and the Sonic boom that followed was intense. By the looks of it to the Mon Calarmi Cruiser didn't get destroyed meaning Holdo is probably alive. In the next one due to the lack of troops there is a high chance that allies from the outer rim will come to assist, whoever they may be. Nice to see a Dreadnought for once instead of a Death Star or Star Killer Base 2.0. The Large ships with cannons was a great idea. Also [MORE SPOILERS AHEAD] in Battlefront 2 they continue with the theme, as the game is cannon it explains how Ex-Inferno Squad Commander Iden Versio got the plans to give the General Organa about the Dreadnought and how her daughter Zay Versio who goes to gather the Outer Rim forces before the Battle above the Resistance Base of D'Qar so we will find out in Episode IX I suppose. However over all it was a solid Movie. I may expand on this later when I think of more.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(12-16-2017, 10:53 PM)TheMJ Wrote: I loved the film. Was amazing when Admiral Holdo used light speed on the raddus to absolutely obliterate the supremacy ship xD

The whole cinema went quiet when it happened xD

OT; Amazing movie, beyond my expectations!
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Joe Joe
Random summed up what I wanted to say in a few words, I couldn't help myself and unleash. I do wonder how they will continue the story in Episode IX seeing as the Skywalkers are dead, and its the Skywalker Saga.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

(12-17-2017, 09:39 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Random summed up what I wanted to say in a few words, I couldn't help myself and unleash. I do wonder how they will continue the story in Episode IX seeing as the Skywalkers are dead, and its the Skywalker Saga.

Leia is still alive.. And sort of Kylo(?)
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Im happy Finn wasnt a huge focus in this film since he has no relevance in my opinion. I WAS SO SHOOK AT LEIA WHEN SHE FLEW OUT OF THE BRIDGE THOUGH

-Removed by Steven8ken
Leia is yes a Skyealker but her name is Leia Organa. So Ren is really a solo. Also Dragnort it was interesting to see Leia fly back into the bridge with Astral Projection. But poor Akbar died.
Regards,
Joe Joe

Omg omg omg just watched it

I loved it

It was so good

But so weird

So many loose ends to cover for no reason

So many weird comparisons

Next movie is 2 rookies, one good one bad, with no emperors, lords, jedi legends... wtf

Easily a 10/10 movie, so so many paths that could be followed in the next movie. No more Skywalker was coming and now I’m upset, but it’s the same as Solo, they were always getting killed off.

The little kid at the end, anyone else notice how he grabbed the mop? He’s got the Force and will be upcoming in movies, which also shows there all still padowans with force lying about, needing training. The Jedi is well and truly still in the mix.

I also think adding Yoda was a nice touch, which opens up so many legends returning in the next as Spirits. Yoda and Luke will be back in the next movie as Spirits and I truly believe so wil Obi Wan Kenobi. Roll on the next chapter!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Fudge