RULE - Alter rule 9.1 and Powergaming definitons.
Description:
  •  9.1 Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay. 
  • Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions. This is banned because it's detrimental to RP, and makes the server a lot less fun for people who have to suffer the actions of a powergamer. Some examples over powergaming are below: 

'/me punches the cop in his throat, killing him.' 

This is powergaming because you're forcing the officer into situation where he dies, without his input. It would be better to say: 

'/me tries to punch the cop in the throat.' 

This lets the cop play along, and he can decide whether or not the punch lands and what effect is has on him. Obviously, he can't powergame himself here. 

'/me breaks the handcuffs and escapes.' 

This is powergaming because it forces the RP to take a different direction as to what is obviously happening, and it is also impossible for a normal human to break handcuffs he's restrained with. If you really want to RP this, say something like:

'/me struggles in his handcuffs, attempting to break free.' 
    This gives the cop a chance to RP with you. Chances are you'll just be struggling in vain (and improving the RP), but the cop may decide to play along and the RP could take a different direction depending on what he does. 
Why:  After a recent ban i received it became apparent that neither of these two explanations accurately fit the purpose that they are needed for. Powergaming definitions/examples holds no relevance to what an admin would describe as powergaming. 9.1 needs to be expanded upon to prevent players changing their custom job names at unsuitable times even though it would make it clear to everybody else what they intend to do.

wannabe skid
[Image: J8Wdw2Z.gif]
+support
Rules can always use more explanation.

+1
+support

Bout time the staff changed the rules rather than enforce badly written ones

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Grape
+Support
FL needs this, the rules used to have explanations and were informative, it used to inform how the rules actually are, not having grey areas like it is now such as the street crime rules.
+support

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
+support
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
+Support
+Support
Wolven

+ support