Flood AMA
(11-03-2017, 04:47 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:04 AM)Floodify Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Link66 Wrote: What is your opinion of the overall clan world at the moment, and in what way do you believe it is slowly developing?

I think it's pretty unbalanced and individualistic. There is not much clan to clan interaction, and in order for things to actually improve (both clan wise and world wise) there needs to be some friction; good or bad. The great wars brought major clan interaction and diversity. It got a real sense of realness and personally I think clans should dare to challenge one or another.. perhaps even be encouraged by staff. I know drama come out of it, but we have SO much history thanks to that and it's so good.

You can't make friction like there was before. A great war won't change that at all. If you look back, anyone who has been here for a while knows the biggest feud was Lombardi/SAA vs Fumuku. You can't remake something like that because, in that situation, it was genuine dislike towards each other. That dislike started in 2011 and went on the whole way until the split happened. It began as a battle over who controlled NA times on v2d between two friend groups. Eventually, Fumuku turned into a massive clan and eventually the SAA came out of it and turned into a massive clan. But the hate was still there. There were higher known players on both sides including staff on both sides. This causes things to blow up because everyone knows what the admins are up to and naturally normal players will in turn take sides as well. If you are searching for something like that, its not going to happen.

However, if you want the clan world to become popular again, there always has to be two active powerful clans. By powerful, I dont mean can beat you in a gunfight powerful, I mean two clans that have sway in the political spectrum. Think of SAA/Fumuku, SAA/Estleback, or going old school, Lost Horde/Esoteric PMC. There has to be the two clan system. If they are both active, others see this fight for power (No wars, but just a fight for power) they will either try to join these groups or make their own clan and try to get their on their own. Then whenever those little clans grow, they begin to try and work their way into runner-up spots. Such as whenever Fumuku closed, Estleback blew up, when the SAA closed, Camorro blew up, etc. 

The problem now is this. Right now, only Ace stands in this position right now. Estleback is an event clan, Camorro is just starting up again, and so there is no clan competing. And when there is no clan competing, its stale. There is not that many people who are willing to start something from scratch and can turn it into something big. People are more incline to join an already stable clan. When the structure of a clan is already there its easier than making their own. I hope Camorro can turn into that clan again, I really do. Because right now, there isn't a competing clan.

Now before any Chi No Hebi people come in here and say they are that competing clan. You aren't sorry. There have been plenty of clans like you before that I put all together as big minge clans. You dont add anything to the clan scene other than a skirmish. All you do is sit around with contra or raiding. This doesn't make you bad people, but that is what it is. An old clan that comes to mind that reminds me of your clan is Black Talon. The only positive that comes out of a clan like you is you will recruit some newer people who will be quality players and eventually leave your clan and turn out to be a very good player on the servers. For example, in the Black Talon under Lieutenants, you will find J-Boi, That guy eventually turned into Raccoon. Another player that came out of this clan was Beflok who eventually became a super admin here. All you are is a stepping stone for some players who want to get out of a shithole and do something positive on this server.

Those are my opinions though. But you guys might have different ones.

Whilst yes, you have right that the type of friction caused a lot of drama, the after birth affected the whole clan world through various new alliances and clan "types" - if you will. Clan world is about politics and it involves a lot of IRL engagement (clans are a good mix of IG and IRL stuff), and different politics ideas are spawned through past traumatic events that leads to people having different opinions and so forth (loosely at least). If the world is perfect then there wouldn't be different religions or political ideologies, but it's not and some have different solutions to it.

Perhaps insinuating another great war should take place was badly formulated by the guy who had worked 9 hours and was on the verge of falling asleep, but what I meant is that there needs to be clan interaction overall; as you said, there needs to be competition for something greater. That's why capitalism has become bigger than communism, because the market needs competition in order to evolve and create new parts of the clan world. So in order for the clan world to evolve there need to be an encouraged friction between clans or in any other way causing competition.. meaningless rewards and stuff is lame, it's more about the personal gain for each individual in that clan.. being in SAA for example was an achievement it self.

Also, didn't even realize ACE was active still. Gl.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
favorite doggo breed
(11-03-2017, 11:25 PM)Saul Wrote: favorite doggo breed

Golden Retriever.. call me boring, dont care.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Lewwings, Weezy_
If u ask me a good question you can get 100k!!! (Gotta beat Fultz ama)
Kind Regards,
Floodify
OpInIoN mE?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
What is your view on the current state of my mind?
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
(11-14-2017, 11:51 PM)Floodify Wrote: If u ask me a good question you can get 100k!!! (Gotta beat Fultz ama)

Why are you a prick?
(11-14-2017, 11:51 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: OpInIoN mE?

You're a fun spirited lad that I have obviously had both friendly and rather less friendly encounters with, but from what I've seen in you, you are positive and has no intent of harm; and you can also see the better good in things.. often stepping outside of personal gain. You were and are a bit of a fuck around type of doode (cimes with your personality type of trynna have a good.time) in my eyes, but I think you can see the seriousness in things at times when it is truly needed.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(11-14-2017, 11:53 PM)Arch.B Wrote: What is your view on the current state of my mind?

What question is that..?

(11-14-2017, 11:53 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 11:51 PM)Floodify Wrote: If u ask me a good question you can get 100k!!! (Gotta beat Fultz ama)

Why are you a prick?

Bc 2012 and not 2011 i guess
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Fultz
Favourite food/dish?
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]