How To:Passive-Aggressive Roleplay
Hello Everyone!
This is my guide about conducting passive-aggressive roleplay, a somewhat ignored realm of roleplaying. Passive-Aggressive RP is basically roleplay which is passive but has Aggressive elements. A good example to a Passive-Aggressive job would be Black Market Dealer or Gun Dealer, as their job is technically aggressive but can be conducted passively. I will explain the basics of Pas-Agg RP, talk about the possibilities and give a few tips.
1)Basics Of Passive-Aggressive Roleplay
The main part of Passive-Aggressive Roleplay is the spectrum I like to call the Aggravation Spectrum. This spectrum basically determines if the roleplay is passive, aggressive or Passive-Aggressive. For example, we can take the example of a Black Market Dealer. Is the said Black Market Dealer owns a legal weed dispenser, then he is on the passive side of roleplay. On the contary, if he is running a cocaine cartel which uses violence, he is aggressive. If he is a shady dealer using bribes and other passive-ish methods, then he is in a Passive-Aggressive role. The secondary part is the volume of aggressiveness. This is visible especially in more Aggressive settings. The volume of aggression basically shows how aggressive you are, from a scale of preventive actions to outright attacks. Be considerate though, it may be failRP as some jobs to be on the more Aggressive side. The usage of weapons usually determines this. Here are some examples:
Gun Dealer bribing police not to arrest him: Passive with a hint of aggressive
Black Market Dealer hiring hitmen to injure someone who stole his merchandise: Medium Aggressive
"Drug Dealer" sending his henchmen to seriously injure/kill someone who attacked him: Very Aggressive.
Possibilities
Passive-Aggressive Roleplay presents many roleplay opportunities, some of which are listed:
-Semi-Legitimate Mafia Family
-Drug Cartel
-Human Smuggler
-Shady Arms Dealer
As you would imagine, all the above jobs have both passive and aggressive elements. Some may turn fully aggressive or passive depending on ho the roleplay turns out. Passive-Aggressive RP is a huge domain and it would take a long time to give all the examples so go out and think about more possiblities and ideas!
Tips
  • Be careful about FailRP and RDM rules
  • Make sure your roleplay has a healthy balance of Passive and Aggressive
  • Usage of weaponry definetely means Aggressive. Avoid it as much as you can for Passive to continue.
As you can see, Passive-AggressiveRP is overall very enjoyable and has limitless potential!Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed my guide!
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep