was hacked
Since im receiving some messages over steam/the forums with questions why i was permed last night ill just write it down here so everybody knows about it.

I was an idiot last night, trusted someone who i shouldnt have trusted and this resulted in several of my accounts being hacked (mail, paypal (ouch) and amazon). The hacker was even so kind to post something on these forums, in an AA case to be exact, before i managed to shut him out. I contacted Jonas and Awestruck (once again, thanks guys) who permed both my forum account and ingame account to prevent more bad stuff from happening. 

Ive run multiple anti-virus scans and have an up to date firewall so i think everything should be fine. Im just very paranoid that there is still something on my PC now that can start the whole process again. Antivirus is not finding anything though so im assuming im in the clear now Smile.
Moral of the story, dont trust people on the internet, not even if they claim to know you from FL or another community youve been a part of, i just wish i was using that wisdom last night ;(

If the hacker is reading this: Like i said on steam, i will have to strangle you in your sleep now.
The following 11 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Archer, Awestruck, Luna, TheSiphon, Panda, Eclipze, lordofthesilver, Ratatoskrr, Wolven, Dragnort_, Xesus
It's good to see that you have your account back man!
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • Baskingner
Omg, just noticed my new signature now. Changing it ASAP.

EDIT: The joker changed it to this: (warning, not for people under 18)

Spoiler :
[Image: eYPrJ9f.png]

Good that you managed to get your account back, stay safe!
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Shame to hear that man, hopefully that’ll be the end of it.

I was very confused when I saw you warned and banned on the abuse case, knew that wasn’t your style.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Baskingner, Archer
Good to hear your back, stay safe!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Baskingner
See atthe end of the day, this is just a game. I’m more concerned about the fact they hacked your PayPal and Amazon, and to an extent Steam. Although if you have the right security in place they wouldn’t have been able to gift themselves things, oh wait actually they hacked your email too so probably could have.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Archer
(10-17-2017, 07:55 AM)Marty Wrote: See atthe end of the day, this is just a game. I’m more concerned about the fact they hacked your PayPal and Amazon, and to an extent Steam. Although if you have the right security in place they wouldn’t have been able to gift themselves things, oh wait actually they hacked your email too so probably could have.

Very true, when i saw the paypal emails coming in i started to worry a bit but thankfully i have 2 step verification on all my banking and financial accounts. Paypal just refunded me the €35 they tried to take from my account so that ensures that the hacker didnt gain anything from the hack, except for some fun i guess.
Didn't think it would be you mate, the warning is of course mandatory but don't worry bud.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Baskingner