[Solved] Unable to get onto server, G Mod crash.
Ello Chaps,

Haven't played in probably 1 year+ however wanted to give it another go...I'm running into the problem that when I go onto the server, it gets to retrieving server details then crashes...

It seems to be Fearless specific considering I've tried other servers and allowed in, I'm running on a Mac and have tried the following:

1) Confirming game integrity
2) Subscribing manually to all content and not allowing custom downloads.

Any ideas?

NEW ISSUE: I'm now attempting to run it on a Windows Laptop rather than my Mac, I subscribe to all the content then disable the custom server DLs, it goes to Retrieving server info, gets around 3/4 way through the bar then eventually times out?
I have the problem when i join the Server it says everytime "Connection Problem" or "Connection Lost"?
And sometimes my gmod chrashes too.
Kind Regards,
AegeanGR

[img][Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:142201893&b=7][/img]
The following 1 user Likes Aegean's post:
  • Archer
Have you tried switching on developer or beta mode?
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
Doesn't seem to be the first one (connection lost).

ELAD, I will try your method...Just googling how to do it ;-)

EDIT: Elad, attempted it in dev branch, wasn't successful, same thing, just goes to Workshop complete then gmod just goes off...It's Fearless specific considering I can get on all TTT servers i've tried.
(09-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Pudding Bum Wrote: Doesn't seem to be the first one (connection lost).

ELAD, I will try your method...Just googling how to do it ;-)

EDIT: Elad, attempted it in dev branch, wasn't successful, same thing, just goes to Workshop complete then gmod just goes off...It's Fearless specific considering I can get on all TTT servers i've tried.

Uninstall ALL non Fearless addons. (including deleting the files in C:Steam>Garrysmod>garrysmod>addons
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
Sounds to me like an addon conflict. I used to have the same problem a year ago but i dont remember the fix. Deleting all addons (or at the very least ones you dont use) should work.
Sparx had this issue prior to getting boot camp for his Mac. I suggest you do the same...

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
I've attempted to delete all the addons, re-install etc... Nothing seems to be working, Gmod app just quits when it looks like everything from the server has DL'd...

EDIT: As for the above, I don't have any other add-ons than fearless currently.
Does it time out when attempting to load in?
A friend who is on the server says it says that I time out?

However the Gmod application just quits without any sort of message, for me.