Buglet unban request
Your name: Bugletina

Your ban ID: 78386

Steam ID: [b]STEAM_0:0:41194338[/b]

Reason: FearRP

Staff member who banned you: [FL.T]  DVN

Reason why you should be unbanned: My compatriots and I were holding a peaceful protest outside of the police station after witnessing corrupt behavior from one of the deputies. The corrupt deputy in question suddenly raised his gun and ordered me to stand still; knowing that this officer is corrupt, and fearing for my life, I ran - preferring my chances of escape rather than suffer at the hands of an officer who is clearly driven by sadism.

The deputy (who is DVN, the admin who banned me) then, rather than role play the situation, used his admin powers to stop me running and banned me.

I totally disagree with this ban. You cannot roleplay as a corrupt cop and then expect citizens to obey your every command when you raise a weapon. Very disappointing, as my experience on this server has been top notch up until now.

Edit: I understand the breach in FearRP for running from a cop with a raised weapon, but I feel my reason for it was validated: my character would NOT submit to a corrupt cop; he would rather try and escape.

Edit 2: Roleplaying as a corrupt cop creates a sort-of "godmode" situation. Let me give an example: at the hands of the same cop, my friend was arrested simply "for being black". So my friend had to endure 5 mins in jail, simply because of his character, and there's nothing he can do about it because the police had their gun raised. So, in theory, this player (DVN) can just walk around arresting everyone, for his stupid reasons, and anyone who tries to run is "breaking FearRP" and will get banned. Not impressive.
You can only run from FearRP if your life is in danger of ending at that moment. The entire point of having a gun on you is to threaten your life, so just running for that reason isnt valid. If it was, FearRP wouldn't exist.

Being a corrupt cop is a whole other issue to tackle, and if you want to make a suggestion for rules toward limiting it, go right ahead. We have a section for that.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
My character did fear for his life; it was only a few moments prior that I had witnessed the officer shoot at my friends when arresting them for his invalid reasons. Like I said, the officer has made it apparent to us that he is corrupt - which is fine - but that comes with the "fear" civs will have towards you. My character was right to fear for his life, i think, as the officer had shown he was not afraid to shoot at innocent civilians.
Hi Buglet,

Just like the example that was given to you during the sit on the roof:

If you were held at gunpoint in real life by a criminal, regardless of what you have endured previously or seen you would follow his direct orders. My direct orders were for you to stop where you are because you were under arrest, whilst keeping you at gunpoint with my shotgun. You decided to completely break FearRP and run away across the road and down mainstreet, to which I responded with resorting to using my admin powers to pause the roleplay and sort it out.

As much as I sort of understand your point in certain ways, this doesn't allow you to break server rules.

Just to add, when you say you 'preferred your chances at escaping' I don't understand this either, as you had no chance whatsoever. I was literally touching you with the shotgun, in reality I could have shot you milliseconds after you started sprinting.
(08-20-2017, 07:59 PM)DVN Wrote: Hi Buglet,

Just like the example that was given to you during the sit on the roof:

If you were held at gunpoint in real life by a criminal, regardless of what you have endured previously or seen you would follow his direct orders. My direct orders were for you to stop where you are because you were under arrest, whilst keeping you at gunpoint with my shotgun. You decided to completely break FearRP and run away across the road and down mainstreet, to which I responded with resorting to using my admin powers to pause the roleplay and sort it out.

As much as I sort of understand your point in certain ways, this doesn't allow you to break server rules.

Just to add, when you say you 'preferred your chances at escaping' I don't understand this either, as you had no chance whatsoever. I was literally touching you with the shotgun, in reality I could have shot you milliseconds after you started sprinting.

DVN,

The RP I witnessed from you up until I was banned was, quite frankly, abysmal. You made one of my friends endure jail time for no reason other than you wanted to. Playing the "corrupt cop" you give innocent players only two choices: jail for whatever reason you can come up with (such as my friend who was jailed for being black, or my other who was jailed for disobeying curfew when there was none), or be banned for trying to escape it.

By RPing as a corrupt cop with your weapon raised, you are forcing other players to either go to jail (for no reason) or be banned for trying to RP their way out of it. I would not expect this from an admin, at all, and all of my friends are quite disappointed to say the least. We were having a lot of fun until you showed up at Yilo's shop.

I admit I broke FearRP, however my defence is that after your appearance there was simply no RP existent to break.

I hope that after my ban is over, my encounters with you on the server are more bearable.

Buglet
Buglet, it seems you don't have any idea what I was roleplaying after reading your latest reply.

As a corrupt officer I would be breaching the server rules if I was genuinely arresting people for no reason.

Anyone arrested at the store around the corner from the Nexus were refusing to follow police orders and disrupting a police investigation. Throughout the ordeal I may have used racist and abusive terms as this is the character I play 90% of the time as an officer, this doesn't mean I was arresting the users for their race.

Anyone arrested around the Nexus was ordered to disperse from the area during your peaceful protest, at least 2 or 3 people didn't disperse properly from the area and therefore were arrested, one of them being you. I pointed the gun at you and told you to stand still as told above in my first reply to which you ignored and broke FearRP, as you have admitted.

I have not abused my powers nor was your ban invalid, the roleplay was completely fair, you should have listened to my character instead of returning to the area to shout and rave about your protest.

I hope this clears the situation and my roleplay up for you.
(08-21-2017, 05:24 PM)DVN Wrote: Buglet, it seems you don't have any idea what I was roleplaying after reading your latest reply.

As a corrupt officer I would be breaching the server rules if I was genuinely arresting people for no reason.

Anyone arrested at the store around the corner from the Nexus were refusing to follow police orders and disrupting a police investigation. Throughout the ordeal I may have used racist and abusive terms as this is the character I play 90% of the time as an officer, this doesn't mean I was arresting the users for their race.

Anyone arrested around the Nexus was ordered to disperse from the area during your peaceful protest, at least 2 or 3 people didn't disperse properly from the area and therefore were arrested, one of them being you. I pointed the gun at you and told you to stand still as told above in my first reply to which you ignored and broke FearRP, as you have admitted.

I have not abused my powers nor was your ban invalid, the roleplay was completely fair, you should have listened to my character instead of returning to the area to shout and rave about your protest.

I hope this clears the situation and my roleplay up for you.

Doesn't clear anything up I'm afraid. My friend at the store was arrested while standing outside, and had barely said/done anything (he had only been logged in for a few minutes).

I'd like to see your RP improve however I don't expect that will be the case so in future I will actively avoid you, as it's clear your idea of RP differs from mine. No problem there, however it's best we refrain from crossing paths Smile
Make sure when you actively avoid me you refrain from breaking any server rules as it will only lead to further punishment. If this is all you have left to add to the unban request I will leave it to the dealing administrator to make a decision.

Your patience is appreciated.
You admit to running under gunpoint, and I see your reason as invalid. Your life was not in danger, the only danger was you being arrested.

Denied.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]