Delivery Job System
[Image: development.png]

Over the past week, I have been working on creating the Delivery Job System suggested by Tomo (reference). Today, I am able to announce its deployment onto v5p. This update consists of a new job, three new vehicles, and a new system for delivering cargo.

Overview

Quickly explained, the Delivery System allows players to transport cargo given by a dealer from point A to point B for money. A player can request a cargo delivery job from one of the NPCs, and if they are eligible they will receive the details of their newly assigned job. Then, the player must take the given cargo to the location specified within the time limit given. These, of course, are not the only factors - players must consider damage to their cargo and the legality of their job. More is explained below.

Specifics

New Vehicles

Spoiler :
This update adds three new vehicles to the game, each being available for everyone with any job. This means, asides from delivery cargo, they can be used for other roleplay. The vehicles skins are randomised upon spawn. Each size of vehicle brings new job opportunities, with the box truck having the most jobs available to it.

[Image: 209975db6cf70828a70f018b623a2458.jpg]

[Image: 9986198d7e04ced8f95e3cad87e9e0f2.jpg]

[Image: 2ee4d0dbec8a218355b325c21a863716.jpg]

The Cargo Dealer

Spoiler :
There are two NPCs on v5p, both with unique missions. If one NPC doesn't have any cargo for you to deliver, the other may have some - they are independent. A cargo dealer can be found in two places: MTL and Shopping Street Parking.

[Image: 338fcf2cbad9554a7142a428ccc4d177.jpg]

[Image: 40180ae402fa1966bf39bf7f3c79f0a9.jpg]

NPC Interaction

Spoiler :
You can speak to one of these cargo dealers using USE (default E). This will open an interface, where the NPC will tell you information or give you a job. You can reply to these appropriately. If the dealer gives you a job, you can choose to accept it, ask for an illegal job or deny it. If you deny the job, you won't be able to reask for a different job; the cargo dealer is persistent and will give you the exact same job until he has new cargo in stock. If you really want a different job, you can wait or ask the other dealer. An example of the interface is below:

[Image: 2da9990a1966a202fe297ee0047c225f.png]

Delivery Job HUD

Spoiler :
Upon accepting a job, a HUD will appear on the left side of your screen. This will display the fundamentals to your delivery job, such as location, salary, cargo damage and distance. An example is below:

[Image: 519718493f0e627e4e74c0950b6d7fb7.png]

Completing a job

Spoiler :
Completing a job is simple; take your vehicle with the cargo assigned to the location given. Upon arriving at the destination, a box will appear where you need to park - if the box is yellow, you are not parked correctly - if the box is green, you can park up and complete the job.

[Image: 5e40c818ed4fa6849fb6a9bf8c16c4ef.gif]

Failing a job

Spoiler :
The following will void a job:
  • Running out of time
  • Damaging the cargo above the acceptable amount
  • Being killed
  • Changing job
  • Putting your vehicle in the garage
  • Being arrested

Illegal Cargo

Spoiler :
While many people like to play it safe and earn an honest living from delivery driving, some prefer to take a higher risk for a bit of extra cash. While conversing with either of the NPCs, you may request an illegal delivery job.

These jobs may offer a higher reward, but should you get caught by police, you're in big trouble. Police can search your delivery vehicle if they have a search warrant on you and if they find illegal goods they may arrest you. To search a delivery vehicle as police, simply equip your hands/keys and press R when looking at the vehicle. Over a short period, a search will be completed and the contents of the vehicle will be revealed!

Picking up Cargo

Spoiler :
Upon taking a job, the dealer will ask you to pickup the cargo from a specific location. Drive to the location and pick up the cargo and place it into the back of your van (make sure it says 'you have successfully placed the cargo in your van'). Once you have picked up all the cargo, the HUD will display the location for dropoff. Illegal and legal cargo contains look different, so make sure no cops are watching when doing illegal jobs!

FAQ
  • The NPC says I am not qualified, how do I fix this?
    The cargo dealers will only give jobs to employed drivers. This means you need to be the job 'Delivery Driver' and then ask him.
  • The NPC keeps giving me the same job, why?
    As explained above, if you deny a job from one of the NPCs and re-request one, they will give you the same exact job for a while. This is to stop people retrying constantly until they get a preferred job. If you don't like the job, you can always request one from the other NPC.
  • The NPC keeps telling me he has no cargo, why?
    You can only do a job from each NPC once every 5 minutes. After the time is up, the dealer will have some more cargo for you to deliver.
  • How is cargo damage calculated, and where is it displayed?
    Cargo damage is calculated upon making a collision that would realistically damage the cargo. While this may not work 100% of the time, it is the most efficient way of doing so. The cargo damage is displayed on the left side on your screen under 'Status:'
  • How do I search the cargo of a truck?
    You can search the cargo inside a delivery truck by simply reloading with your keys when facing the vehicle. However, you must warrant the vehicle/owner for a search beforehand.
  • What vehicles can deliver currently?
    Currently, the vehicles added can perform delivery jobs. However, more vehicles can be added to the scope (such as the Transit and Trucks) if needed. Tides Truck also has access to a few jobs.

Ending notes

The system is currently only configured for V5P however, if needs be, the system can be used on v4b later on.
If you find any issues, bugs or concerns please contact me or another appropriate member.
Thanks to Tomo for coming up with the idea and suggesting changes throughout the development.
[Image: KInLxEm.png]
Great work once again
Amazing job, Devon. Keep up the splendid work!
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Amazing! Cant wait to try it out!
More amazing work! Thank you Devon, and all involved.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
WOW! Eyyyyy. Thanks Devon and Tomo!
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
What a great update! Cannot wait.
Brilliant work, lads. Nice one!
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Nice, but one question: does this work with the existing trucks and trailers or just the new vehicles?
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
Amazing work! Good addition.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]