Jobname discussion
Regarding this BR:
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=81361

I dont want to comment anything else about the case but i was surprised by Jonas statement:

(06-19-2017, 08:32 PM)Jonas Wrote: We were undercover Ace Industries members, with our jobs set correctly, as another corporation; Walkers Incorporated. We spied with a different company so you'd never know it was Ace.

Is this the precedent you want to set? Is it allowed now for a raider to get into the nexus as "Janitor" and then kill the president, claiming he was undercover all along? (if roleplayed correctly ofcourse). In my opinion thats a very bad change and brings us back to the "classified" jobname problem. In think jobnames should always accuratly state the job of the character you are roleplaying.

9.1 Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
All I know is that a janitor is not allowed to kill the president. I will not say anything about this situation as someone else than me is way better in doing that. If you kill the president as a janitor, it could be classified as rdm and failRP.
You are comparing two different situations here.
While there is basically no difference between 'Walkers' and 'Ace'(They are both government contractors), there is a huge difference between rebel and janitor
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Baskinger, that's taken out of context or misunderstood.

Our jobs was "Ace Industries - Thanatos", but we roleplayed it out as undercover. We did not raid the President either, we protected him.

We had our jobs to Ace because of that rule. I'm not just gonna make up my oen. That'd be stupid.

Obviously we're not gonna allow a janitor to raid the nexus.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
Like what was said above their job titles were still set to "Ace Industries - Thanatos", in this context they all had a very good RP backstory and reason to RP like this, including a letter from the Dictator (myself) who they were protecting. In your example the Janitor would still have his job set as Rebel etc, however he would have to Introduce himself as a Janitor in the Nexus and ask if he could go in the elevator to clean upstairs. The SRU/Police who are guarding the Nexus aren't going to metagame, so they'll probably ask the President if a janitor works here and then upon realising he doesn't work in the Nexus, they will probably arrest him. The difference in that and Ace, is that they had a letter from the government giving them permission to spy and conduct safety searches. The Rebels RP background and motive is poor and won't get him anywhere.
More as a response to all the comments above:

I fail to see how i am taking things out of context? You set your jobname as "walkers incorperated" in order to prevent them knowing they were being spied on. We're you a walker incorperated member? No, you were an Ace member spying on the (what i assume?) enemy, so your jobname isnt accuratly stating what you were roleplaying.

Sure, my Rebel/Janitor example is over the top but in theory its the exact same thing. You set your jobname to something else in order to prevent metagaming from the other party. If that is something which will be allowed it will create a lot of grey areas.
You missed what I said man.

We had our jobs to Ace Industries - Thanatos, not Walkers Incorporated. We roleplayed as if we were them, when our job was set correctly. Much like the janitor. We told them we where another corporation, if they knew we where Ace that'd be metagaming.
The following 1 user Likes Jonas's post:
  • Link
Ahh okay, i misunderstood that then. I was under the impression that you deliberatly changed your jobname to another (random?) clan in order to prevent the other party from metagaming.

In that case:
[Image: 552811]
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Jonas
Yea i wrote it late in the evening so my wording could be misunderstanded.

Glad you understood it now though. My bad for not wording it correctly.
The following 1 user Likes Jonas's post:
  • Baskingner
(06-20-2017, 10:24 AM)Baskingner Wrote: More as a response to all the comments above:

I fail to see how i am taking things out of context? You set your jobname as "walkers incorperated" in order to prevent them knowing they were being spied on. We're you a walker incorperated member? No, you were an Ace member spying on the (what i assume?) enemy, so your jobname isnt accuratly stating what you were roleplaying.

Sure, my Rebel/Janitor example is over the top but in theory its the exact same thing. You set your jobname to something else in order to prevent metagaming from the other party. If that is something which will be allowed it will create a lot of grey areas.

To be fair though. Regardless of job name, it is metagaming to act on that information if I am correct?