[Solved] Regarding being Corrupt
I always prefered playing as a police officer, and it does have it's ups and down, but today i've experienced what I feel like is the most OP anti RP solution.

For the sake of individuals not getting in trouble, then I am not mentioning any names.

I recieved a call, "Florist at industrials is selling weed". I call I in over the radio and me and another officer decides to respond to said call. We arrive there and everything seems peacefull. At first I look for the one who called 911, but I can not find him at the scene, so I proceed to enter the facility and approach the owner. As I enter the office, two people stand there, the owner and what appear to be a civilian wearing a lab coat and googles. At first I indentify myself and ECPD and ask who the owner is. The owner being female dressed in a fine black dress, explains who she is. We then ask the other lab coat person to exit the room while we ask her a couple of questions. He agrees to it and exits the room and stands outside.
We then explain the owner of the store the situation and that we would like to do a quick sweep of her place to see if any or this were true. Now bare in mind, the 911 call was short and seemed desperate, so for all we know he might have been captured or similar, but we decide to not ask about said thing.

As we ask to check the interior for said weed, the lab coated person steps in. He claims to to be the Vice President and tells us that weed is legal unless a law is against it. (At the momeent there were no law against weed being legal or illegale) Before I even had time to check his ID or tell him otherwise. He then orders us to get out of the building. My fellow officer does it, but I remain as for all I know this man could be who ever. I then again attempt to explain the situation and he begins a LOUD countdown from 10, giving me no room to talk and at the end of the countdown he demotes me from Law Enforcement.

I then later on return as a civ to the store and ask the owner a couple of OOC questions. He says the VP was RP'ing a corrupt VP, and that's where I realise....
Corrupt VP or Presidents are extremely OP. Throwing out demotions to any law enforcement who attempts to do their job, and in the situation above, then it's just a poor feeling you're left with after such incident. (Now bare in mind, this was no normal player, it was a player with a certain rank, which confused me even more and therefor I would like to know if VPs can do what was done in said scenario)

So if I understand the situation, that should be posted to PR section.
[Image: ipaLX1fa_o.png]
It's not a report it's a question. Is said thing allowed.

You are saying that he changed his job and demote you right?
[Image: ipaLX1fa_o.png]
Let me clarify. OOC he was VP all along. IC'ly I had no clue.

If the VP tells you to do something which is reasonable and demotes you for not following it then it is not against the rules.
If the VP was lying/covering-up/corrupt the demotion is allowed if for example, you are becoming a threat to his illegal actions ect.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 1 user Likes Chad's post:
  • Charles
Appriciate the answer. Would it be the same in said situation I've attempted to describe?

Yes, it seems there was a valid reason to demote you. He could have 1) Demoted you for not following his orders to leave or (2 Because he was hiding his corruption and you were at risk of compromising him.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 3 users Like Chad's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Charles, Viljo
What Banza said
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Appriciate the answer. It was just the lack of RP in the situation that got me confused, but I appriciate the answers.