Poll: What do you support in this suggestion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Nexus defenses should not be allowed, neither inside nor outside the Nexus
3.33%
1 3.33%
2. Nexus defenses should not be allowed outside the Nexus, but are allowed inside, granting possibility for people to enter
83.33%
25 83.33%
3. Nexus defenses should be allowed both inside and outside, disallowing people to enter the Nexus without passing through defenses.
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nexus changes
As a Nexus Desk Secretary roleplayer, the front defense completely ruins the purpose of the job, thus I have to switch to a custom job "Nexus Assistant", so I can interact with someone atleast, mostly SRU, or the president, I'd like to interact with the citizens too.

+Support for a rule for the Nexus front
+/-Support for everything else.

EDIT: Option #2 all the way
+Support

When playing as the desk secretary I find the outside defenses annoying, they only serve to limit the interaction between citizens and the government, the inner defenses make so much more sense as it's meant to be a lobby, like a hotel lobby where you can check in, and should be a public place.

To say that it favours the criminals or limits some RPs is just ridiculous. As it says in the edit of the post, if the president is a dictator or a similar job then they can place outer defenses and as a normal president has no reason to be raided it shouldn't cause any issues and only make it easier to RP as a secretary.

The locking of the Nexus doors seems excessive and the defenses needing to fit in seems difficult to enforce but I support everything else in the post.

I suggest everyone reads through the post again and check the changes and edits made to it which make it a pro-passive RP change.
[Image: hyPcnFC.png]
-Support

Like it how it is currently.
I believe SOME Nexus defense is alright, but only one that is INSIDE the Nexus and not OUTSIDE of it. People should be able to ENTER the Nexus as it is a public building and, as the OP and many others have stated, would revive the Nexus Desk Secretary role.

Since many have -supported disallowing Nexus defenses, perhaps some of them would change their mind if the vote options were in this manner (one choice possible):
  2. Nexus defenses should not be allowed outside the Nexus, but are allowed inside, granting possibility for people to enter
  3. Nexus defenses should be allowed both inside and outside, disallowing people to enter the Nexus without passing through defenses.

If the poll was in the manner described above I would vote for option #2.
The following 5 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Viljo, Yonno, General Rickets, Jonas, Generation
Thanks to Avgar for the feedback, I have removed the initial poll and posted an updated one. Please vote what you support.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(07-22-2017, 01:24 PM)Avgar Wrote: If the poll was in the manner described above I would vote for option #2.

I'd also vote for option #2

-edit-
Voted #2
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(07-22-2017, 01:24 PM)Avgar Wrote: I believe SOME Nexus defense is alright, but only one that is INSIDE the Nexus and not OUTSIDE of it. People should be able to ENTER the Nexus as it is a public building and, as the OP and many others have stated, would revive the Nexus Desk Secretary role.

Since many have -supported disallowing Nexus defenses, perhaps some of them would change their mind if the vote options were in this manner (one choice possible):

If the poll was in the manner described above I would vote for option #2.

Sounds better to me.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)GrimIsLove Wrote: Then what about the Villas? Shouldn't they be realistic too? Because I have never seen a Villa with a sniper tower a metal wall as big as the wall of china. Also how do you expect from a new guy that has almost never built before to build something that is realistic and fitting to the 'style of the nexus'. I am sticking with what I've said and have no intention on changing it. You may throw your comments at me saying that I'm wrong but I don't give a fuck.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

Yes, Villas should be realistic too, but just because that may not be the case right now adds nothing to your argument but a typical logical fallacy. Having outside defenses on a government building may be realistic in countries or cities with constant turmoil, but as far as I can see EvoCity and FearlessRP in general are about a regular society with intermittent conflicts, not a constant military state.

If you're so hell bent on keeping outside defenses, what do you suggest should be done with Nexus Desk Secretaries? Because cursing and -supporting suggestions with no effort to improve the suggestion and solve the underlying problems that it is trying to address are as good as voting in the poll and not posting at all.

If you'd have done that at least you'd keep the post count down so you can find some actually reasonable and informative replies.
The following 5 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Yonno, Viljo, General Rickets, Broccoli, Archer
The nexus desk sectary is useless when these big outside defences are being used. Too many times have a seen them just standing around inside the fort outside doing nothing. Inside defences that do not affect the nexus desk sectary role should stay.

+SUPPORT for option 2
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
+Support