Poll: What do you support in this suggestion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Nexus defenses should not be allowed, neither inside nor outside the Nexus
3.33%
1 3.33%
2. Nexus defenses should not be allowed outside the Nexus, but are allowed inside, granting possibility for people to enter
83.33%
25 83.33%
3. Nexus defenses should be allowed both inside and outside, disallowing people to enter the Nexus without passing through defenses.
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nexus changes
Title of Suggestion: Nexus changes

Description: Implement several changes to the Nexus, these would include:
- Make it so you no longer can lock the nexus lobby doors.
- Make it so you no longer can lock the elevator doors.
- Make it so Nexus front defenses are no longer allowed. only allowed with a dictatorship.
- Nexus is considered a public building, so it should be treated accordingly --> No unrealistic defenses inside.
- Nexus Elevator defense should be allowed as long as it's fitting.
- Nexus Garage defense should be allowed as long as it's fitting.
- Nexus Slope defense should be allowed as long as it's fitting.
- Nexus Garage elevator defense should be allowed as long as it's fitting.
(With "fitting" I mean defenses should be realistic and fit inside the building and its style; eg. no unmaterialized metal plates or borderline doomfort etc.)

Why: Let's face it. Nexus defenses ruin a lot of interaction. The nexus is considered a public building, and should in my opinion be treated as one. In the current "meta" people set up massive dupes at the nexus front, removes the entire purpose of the nexus lobby and anything it has to offer. It COMPLETELY removes the purpose of the nexus FRONT DESK secretary. It almost completely defies interaction between citizens and presidents as citizens try to get in contact with officers and SRU instead, which is in my opinion just stupid, as these should not be considered contactpersons for the President. 

Here's an example, although this would be considered a low security defense with more of an aim towards RP.

Spoiler :
[Image: e9c5f4a60cec18c15ccca6a54187c6e2.jpg]

EDIT: Poll has been changed. Please revote what you support.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 7 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Ethan Bradberry, Nuka, mintblackbeard, Merle, RedPanda, Viljo, Timmy
-Support

The nexus is actually a government building

Hence why it says 'owned by government'
The following 3 users Like Prompt's post:
  • Archer, Demonic, TheSiphon
-support
It's not a public building nor is it considered one. Nexus is owned by the government and may be public or private depending on the incumbent president.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 2 users Like Chad's post:
  • Archer, TheSiphon
But then you shut down the opportunity for many diffrent roleplays.I believe there were even Fallout Vault RP's in Nexus
It should be up to the President at that time.
-support
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(06-04-2017, 09:36 AM)Prompt Wrote: -Support

(06-04-2017, 09:38 AM)MOWAH Wrote: -support
It's not a public building nor is it considered one. Nexus is owned by the government and may be public or private depending on the incumbent president.

(06-04-2017, 09:38 AM)Sharpshooter Wrote: But then you shut down the opportunity for many diffrent roleplays.I believe there were even Fallout Vault RP's in Nexus
-support

Wrong wrong and wrong. Correct in saying it is owned by the government however, it is free for access to all citizens this has been the case since late 2012 and is still the case now. Only restricted areas are the garage and the elevator. This is stated in the perma laws. I think you will find that it has to be mentioned in the laws if the nexus is off limits but what you will also find is these huge failrp defenses out front of a public building prevent this from happening at all thus further hindering any possible RP interaction.

The hospital is another example if you block it off it would be considered failrp because its a public building even though its owned primarily by the government.

+Support these changes are vital to revive the Nexus Desk Secretary role.

The following 3 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Tomo, Ratatoskrr, dawson270500
(06-04-2017, 09:42 AM)General Rickets Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 09:36 AM)Prompt Wrote: -Support

(06-04-2017, 09:38 AM)MOWAH Wrote: -support

(06-04-2017, 09:38 AM)Sharpshooter Wrote: But then you shut down the opportunity for many diffrent roleplays.I believe there were even Fallout Vault RP's in Nexus
-support

Wrong wrong and wrong. Correct in saying it is owned by the government however, it is free for access to all citizens this has been the case since late 2012 and is still the case now. Only restricted areas are the garage and the elevator. This is stated in the perma laws. I think you will find that it has to be mentioned in the laws if the nexus is off limits but what you will also find is these huge failrp defenses out front of a public building prevent this from happening at all thus further hindering any possible RP interaction.

+Support these changes are vital to revive the Nexus Desk Secretary role.

Even with a appropriate defense they're rarely used and are often minges
Does not matter at all the opportunity should not be removed. You could say the same about fireman or paramedic.

But no defense doesn't EFFECT paramedic or fireman
It is free to all citizens unless stated otherwise. The president can decide to make Nexus off-limits to the public.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
(06-04-2017, 09:54 AM)Prompt Wrote: But no defense doesn't EFFECT paramedic or fireman

Can we remain on topic?