Poll: What do you support in this suggestion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Nexus defenses should not be allowed, neither inside nor outside the Nexus
3.33%
1 3.33%
2. Nexus defenses should not be allowed outside the Nexus, but are allowed inside, granting possibility for people to enter
83.33%
25 83.33%
3. Nexus defenses should be allowed both inside and outside, disallowing people to enter the Nexus without passing through defenses.
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nexus changes
(07-22-2017, 11:37 AM)GrimIsLove Wrote:
Quote:- Nexus Elevator defense should be allowed as long as it's 'fitting'.
- Nexus Garage defense should be allowed as long as it's 'fitting'.
- Nexus Slope defense should be allowed as long as it's 'fitting'.
I don't know what it is but I only see this in favour of the Criminals and your 'lets face it' doesn't make any sense at all. What do you mean criminal interactions have gone down hill, they still do it every time, you still have those OP Galils where you destroy us with almost everyday you all raid the Nexus on a daily basis, there's a reason why we had the ability to lock the doors and elevator.

And you saying that the buildings can only be there if they're 'fitting' just shows you want perfection really and that you want it your way, but in this world and on this server that doesn't exist, Perfection in general doesn't exist because no matter what you do someone will always ruin it in your eyes, when they just try and do shit their way. People don't build as good as other people. Some can't even build but they still try and to make some defences, its okay if they're not always 'fitting' people will learn from what they make and they improve in building stuff in general. So I think this deserves a big fat -Support. I don't see anything good within this post for both parties.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

Couldn't have say better
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
Neutral
Wolven

I don't know what it is but I only see this in favour of the Criminals and your 'lets face it' doesn't make any sense at all. What do you mean criminal interactions have gone down hill, they still do it every time, you still have those OP Galils where you destroy us with almost everyday you all raid the Nexus on a daily basis, there's a reason why we had the ability to lock the doors and elevator.

And you saying that the buildings can only be there if they're 'fitting' just shows you want perfection really and that you want it your way, but in this world and on this server that doesn't exist, Perfection in general doesn't exist because no matter what you do someone will always ruin it in your eyes, when they just try and do shit their way. People don't build as good as other people. Some can't even build but they still try and to make some defences, its okay if they're not always 'fitting' people will learn from what they make and they improve in building stuff in general. So I think this deserves a big fat -Support. I don't see anything good within this post for both parties.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

I have no idea what planet you are on bud but its definitely not earth. This is an update to open up the government building to the way it was and should be, in a REALISTIC manner. This is not a military base its a building which resides the president. Nothing stops presidential floor/elevator/garage defenses this suggestion only mentions the prevention of EXTERIOR defenses at the front door as they are unrealistic and limit/disqualify the nexus desk secretary job. If you actually read through this properly instead of waffling on you might understand it.

The phrase fitting merely suggests that it is to be realistic in appearance and material nothing else.

This changes nothing if anything being trapped in the lobby with a defense at the elevator and police surrounding the facility puts all criminals at a DISADVANTAGE.

The following 3 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Jonas, Yonno, Panda

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

I think you've misunderstood the suggestion and are looking at it from completely different sides than I intended.
This is about the Nexus Lobby being accessible to the public. If people swap over their defenses to where the elevator is, or even like back in the days, back to the presidential floor, just like my suggestion implies, then defenses can be just as good. I've edited my suggestion where "dictators" can have these nexus front defenses. Regardless of anything, a regular president shouldn't have issues with Presidential raids in the first place so this is out of the issue and criminals should never be considered in this suggestion either. 

The issue we're having is that the Nexux Desk Secretary job is becoming obsolete. There is no point in roleplaying the job as you can't do your job properly with such defenses. There is no purpose to the job as there is no interaction. This needs to change.

Regarding the "fitting", I have no clue why you talk about perfection and I have no clue what the hell you're on about. The only thing I ment to say with fitting is that the builds are realistic and NOT doomfort. Perhaps take it with a grain of salt, my bad for not stating it properly in your eyes. If an admin would review all current Nexus Front defenses then 7 out of 10 players should get a blacklist for doomforting and this needs change.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • General Rickets, Archer
Then what about the Villas? Shouldn't they be realistic too? Because I have never seen a Villa with a sniper tower a metal wall as big as the wall of china. Also how do you expect from a new guy that has almost never built before to build something that is realistic and fitting to the 'style of the nexus'. I am sticking with what I've said and have no intention on changing it. You may throw your comments at me saying that I'm wrong but I don't give a fuck.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~
The following 1 user Likes GrimIsLove's post:
  • Generation
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)GrimIsLove Wrote: Then what about the Villas? Shouldn't they be realistic too? Because I have never seen a Villa with a sniper tower a metal wall as big as the wall of china. Also how do you expect from a new guy that has almost never built before to build something that is realistic and fitting to the 'style of the nexus'. I am sticking with what I've said and have no intention on changing it. You may throw your comments at me saying that I'm wrong but I don't give a fuck.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

Wrong,Camp David has sniper towers
Plus the rules state that defences must be realistic
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(07-22-2017, 11:55 AM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)GrimIsLove Wrote: Then what about the Villas? Shouldn't they be realistic too? Because I have never seen a Villa with a sniper tower a metal wall as big as the wall of china. Also how do you expect from a new guy that has almost never built before to build something that is realistic and fitting to the 'style of the nexus'. I am sticking with what I've said and have no intention on changing it. You may throw your comments at me saying that I'm wrong but I don't give a fuck.

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

So, I'm getting wrong maybe: but when you RP as criminals, you're having a villas looking like Camp David and having the wrong job ?
Admitting FailRP here...
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 1 user Likes Generation's post:
  • GrimIsLove
(07-22-2017, 11:56 AM)Generation Wrote:

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

So, I'm getting wrong maybe: but when you RP as criminals, you're having a villas looking like Camp David and having the wrong job ?
Admitting FailRP here...

He never mentioned criminals at Villas,it could be a Presidental retreat. The Villas example was not well-defined
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)GrimIsLove Wrote: -snip-

If a sniper tower would really be as big as the wall of China then that would be a direct infringement with rule 18.2
Quote:18.2 Walls used to surround a base can't be more than 4 metres tall (4 PHX units). 

However let's remain on topic and stick to discussing the Nexus.

Regarding new players; They don't really build nexus defenses. Experienced players place the dupes 90% of the time.
I'm not asking you to change your opinion I'm merely stating the current issue of the Nexus defense "meta" which you for some reason don't seem to understand.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Archer, Panda

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

Not my problem stay on topic, if people can't build don't. Simple as that. I can't build so I don't use my own dupes its not difficult. Your point remains invalid and only shows a misunderstanding of the suggestion.

(07-22-2017, 11:56 AM)Generation Wrote:

Yours Sincerely, Grim ~

Admitting FailRP here...

No one is admitting to anything you are putting words in peoples mouths. Do as you please but you will NEVER see me with an unrealistic looking villa or nexus. I'm no minge.