Poll: Should second server be closed for now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
87.10%
27 87.10%
No
12.90%
4 12.90%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should second server be closed?
Do you think the second server (running on littletown) Should be closed, at least temporarily?

I don't know how much it costs to run that server, but for now it could be closed and staff would focus on improving the primary server and gamemode instead. There are various reasons why this should happen. 

1. Second server is empty. There are max 5 players on during busy times, running a server that has less than 10 players 24/7 is pointless. (It lasted for less than a week)

2. The total player count is some where around 80, so having one server with 75 players basically satisfies that need. There is not enough demand for second map yet.

3. It has been discussed before, but having a new map doesn't increase the total player count. Focusing on one server, community and the gamemode would be more beneficial.

4. (related to 2.) When you split the community there will be around 40 players on both servers. Now there comes one problem. If one server has 30 players and other has 40 players, then people are more likely to join the server with more players. Other players switch to the server with more players and the other server slowly starts to empty. When this happens for long enough people will just start using the other server and it automatically gets most players while the other server slowly loses it's player base
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(05-22-2017, 03:07 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: I don't know how much it costs to run that server

I would assume that all 3 servers are on the same VPS, so FL would only need to pay for the VPS itself and can run as many servers as they like without any additional costs.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Well, it is only a trail map. Lets wait for a new maps *cough* v5p *cough*
Single server, V5P or Chaoscity with 85 slots. Done.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 2 users Like Panda's post:
  • Pollux, Rebdogg
Probably.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
It should be replaced with something like a sandbox

Reach further into GMOD player base
(05-22-2017, 02:51 PM)Panda Wrote: Single server, V5P or Chaoscity with 85 slots. Done.

I would LOVE Chaos city so much with 85 slots.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
One server, 85 slots on V5P.

Then the map will be perfect.
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Archer
Can we stop having discussions about the server and then no action coming out of it as a result? Whether it be make fearless great again or the map be changed or whatever. These threads get loads of replies then the thread is forgotten and nothing happens and it all ends up being a waste of time and false hope. Don't believe me then search back through the discussions. The only valid threads I see are those made by darknoob because he includes a poll and when the poll is concluded you know 100% that he will do what the decision is. Ok I'm done licking darknoobs ass carry on.

Seriously tho am I being too harsh? I just feel tired about hearing so much talk without action I guess :L
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)King Kickass Wrote: Can we stop having discussions about the server and then no action coming out of it as a result? The only valid threads I see are those made by darknoob because he includes a poll and when the poll is concluded you know 100%  that he will do what the decision is. 

Unlike Darknoob, we are not staff members. We cannot do changes to the game mode.

These discussions are simply to get some idea what people think. Before making this thread I had no idea if people wanted to close the second server and I was surprised it got 20:1 poll results.

I am not a staff memeber, so I cannot close the second server, but this thread gave a lot of information about what people think and want.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Archer, Rebdogg