Map Discussion
Alright lads, since there isn't really a true thread to discuss this, at least not on the first page of discussions, I am going to make this. 

As you call can see here, I feel we can safely say Littletown is not the best map for Fearless. People can sit here and blame it on exams or other things, but that doesn't fix the fact there is not a sole on there while there is 50+ on v4b1. Exams do not make that happen. So instead of sitting here trying to make this horrible map work, let's all think of a solution that is the best fit for the community.

Now from what I have been seeing, everyone really wants to try out v5p. Before I even start talking about the map, we need to discuss a thing prior to trying out v5p. If v5p works out and people want it, are we going to get rid of v4b1? We need to ask ourselves can Fearless handle two servers anymore? I personally do not think so, so in my mind, I am thinking if you guys want to try out v5p, we need to accept if it succeeds, it will be taking the place of v4b1 as the only map on FL. 

People might see this as a negative thing on FL as we will be down to one server, but just two years ago we had this same discussion which ends up working really well for us. In 2015 we went from 3 servers down to 2 and increased the server max from 50 to 75. If we go to a map such as v5p and it is our only map, I feel it only makes sense to change the cap from 75 to 100 since the map is massive itself.

Now if we can all agree this is the best route to go. Which is only having one map with 100 slots, we need to then talk about if we change v4b1 or keep it as the only map. Personally, I think v4b1 is utter shit and almost any map we go to will be better. The problem I see well is v5p is the most popular map right now with you guys. The reason this is a problem is because this map has failed 3 different times on Fearless in the past 6 years. The reason for this is the layout of the map is set up very poorly. It is similar to v2d where it is not a loop. Other issues with the map are the cliff/hill by the water is too steep and it is too the point where cheaper cars are unable to get up the hill. And honestly, I personally feel the city is poorly set up. This map has never worked on Fearless and I can tell you right now it will fail again. Granted, we will never know until we test it out but will have the same problem as Littletown has. No one is going to invest a lot of time on building dupes on a map that we do not know will stay. If I spend say 2 hours building a dupe and to find out the map didn't pass its trial and will be removed makes me not want to build on a map unless I know its a for sure thing.

Don't worry lads, I wouldn't have typed all this out without my solution. There were two maps before whenever we were going to change the map. These two maps that had the most popularity were Rockford and Chaos City. These maps might be a bit on the bigger side, but if we could commit to a one server community, we can have 100 slots open that would make the maps feel less roomy and have more going on. Even for v5p the 100 slots will do wonders for it. For me personally, I think Chaos City is the best choice for a new map and the reason for this is simple. It has the best city set up in my opinion, the map is a build off of v33 which means if you put it through a trial we do not have to completely restart with dupes, the lake is phenomenal, and lastly, I truly like the MTL area. you can check the map out for yourself here. (I will put Rockford's here and V5p's here)

This map has its downsides as well, but I feel this is the best fit for FL if we were say to change the map from v4b1. It will be an easy adjustment to our current map as it is the same type of map. But some of the negatives are the placement of Burger King, I have mix feelings of the desert area (Flood said this is fixable however), and the size might be a tad too big. But with 100 slots, and the ability to change the desert to a normal area, I feel this is the best map FL could ever go to.

That is all from me. but I would love to hear everyone's opinions on this. Not just the map we have a lot of talking points here.

1. Should FL be a one server map
2. If yes, should we change v4b1
3. If yes, what map would you like to see
4. Opinions on v5p, Rockford, and Chaos City

Lets actually get somewhere with the maps, I know the staff team are doing their best to pick the right map for the second server, but I feel we should abandon the idea and try to make the best single server we can.
The following 8 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Random, jhayw, Yonno, Panda, Haarek, Jordy, Molyneux481
R o c k f o r d
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
One map does fine, it usually never gets full, and if it does just increase the player slots. Having 2 maps splits the player base in half, and with one server not always being full there is no need for another. It just decreases the amount of players on the more populated server making it harder to RP and the city doesn't feel as alive. But if I had to replace v4b1, I would go for Chaos city.
[Image: ASJxGx6.png]
Signature made by meisterfinncoonlon, demoted trial admin 
+support

Been wanting this map for a long time. It's ideal for Fearless as it's a very popular server.
One server with V5P on it. I know it is a bit 'too big' but with one server full with players, it is big enough. Gives us room to run around rather than all cramped either in the city, or outside the city. A lot more driving room aswell on V5P. V5P has familiar buildings from V2P, V2D and V33x. That's why it will be an excellent map to choose.

That's my opinion.
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Archer
I like the ideas you have here! One problem with this though, isn't there a glitch at the minute where CityRP can not have more than 75 players or else it causes major lag? With this being said I believe 100% this will be the best move FL can make, converting into 1 server on a map like chaos city.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
The following 1 user Likes Rebdogg's post:
  • Ryan F
Chaos City would be lovely.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • RockDead69
hi i just played on a ttt server and i found this map which i think is nice to roleplay in and the map is called ttt_minecraft_b5
señor de los anillos de plata
shitposter a nivel subatómico

Imagen de firma eliminada (demasiado grande) - DVN
The following 2 users Like lordofthesilver's post:
  • MasterNoda, Grunt
Rockford or V5P

I love the maps which have suburbs similar to real life and a highway.
The following 2 users Like Bobby's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Archer
Anything thats big huge and realistic will make me happy. I mean we have a 2,750mil yacht and we can't even use it on the current maps Sad It just stays there still like a frozen prop cz U can't drive it around...
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.