Arrests
Hi guys,

Im wondering if the police on Fearless is getting outta hand. Me and many others keep on getting arrested for reasons that are not even in the law and I wanted to start a discussion on this.
I found that many times the people who play the police dont roleplay. They just arrest everyone if they feel so.
The president don't even bothers to look at if it's a valid reason wich I understand but I want to know what you guys' opinions are.
Let me know!

Greetings,

Arne
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

I feel as if people are claiming random arrest far too much because they don't like being arrested, I am not saying you are.
Arrests are dealt with ICly, unless someone literally is running about an arresting everyone they can see, then that's clear failRP. However, if you are arrested and you don't like the reason, speak to the president. Make a /request or a /pm to him and speak to him, organise a meeting and deal with it in an In-character roleplay way.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
If you have a mic then police RP is million times easier. If you are typing and not pointing a gun, someone can easily pull a gun on you. Also typing in pursuit, chase or gunpoint is just a deat call or the suspect escapes.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(05-17-2017, 03:11 PM)Mustang Wrote: I feel as if people are claiming random arrest far too much because they don't like being arrested, I am not saying you are.
Arrests are dealt with ICly, unless someone literally is running about an arresting everyone they can see, then that's clear failRP. However, if you are arrested and you don't like the reason, speak to the president. Make a /request or a /pm to him and speak to him, organise a meeting and deal with it in an In-character roleplay way.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head about this situation, one more thing to add though, say if the president bans women but you just spawn in as a female model the officer must issue a warning first before arresting you as it is not your fault you spawn within the city, straight up arresting you could be seen as FailRP also.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
unfortunately, that is just how it goes, with a lot of people not having a mic it is very hard to role play at all, police been the easiest without a mic so a lot of people with mics go police. i myself are included in this, i don't have a mic which blocks me from several jobs where it is just simply needed, police been one of the few still able to play.
we don't have a mic, so we cant discuss stuff easily and in the time we are typing we could get hit by a car, or shot. so we have to arrest quickly without explaining it. though as rebelz said if, for example black people are banned, you have to give a warning before arrest.
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Like what Mustang said the majority of people who call random arrest have just come from the DarkRP sector and aren't actually being randomly arrested. I see why you're frustrated over this, believe me I've had my friends call me for backup as they're cornered in their base and as I'm on the way to assist them I've been arrested for speeding or driving in a dangerous manner. If you feel like your arrest was invalid talk to the President or police sergeant, most should and will be happy to listen to you. If they have all ignored you, then you take it to the staff.
The following 2 users Like Dauntless's post:
  • Archer, Spartan_KCT
You are all right.
Every time I get arrested ( major or small offence) i get insta handcuffed before telling the reason for the arrest.
i think this is shit roleplaying from the police but im interested in your field of view on this 'issiue'
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

Although arrests are dealt with IC, after attempting to make contact with the Sergeant, VP & President and none of them get back to you a staff member is able to get involved, since they are not RP'ing their job properly.
I do believe this point is very sturdy for many reasons. Arrests are now dealt with IC however like you said I believe people circumvent the law by using the job title corrupt or having it in your description. Thus meaning they can pretty much arrest you for something which is not stated in the laws. This never used to be the case back in my time and arrests deemed random would be dealt by a staff member which in my eyes has its negatives and positives. A positive is that if a random Joe Bloggs goes the job role Police with the prime reasoning to be 'corrupt' and arrests everyone they see for obsolete reasons is very much annoying in some cases. However a negative is that it is great RP to be corrupt and can lead to using this in many great ways like bribing the location of the president etc.

Overall my opinion is there needs to be some sort of guidelines to how corrupt you can be.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 1 user Likes Jordy's post:
  • Spartan_KCT