Restrictions for Proplimit Increases
Restrictions for Proplimit Increases

Hello community,

After recent spectating of the community's thoughts in regards to unlimited proplimits, the team have discussed solutions to try and minimize the unnecessary use of unlimited props that administrators have had for a long time. Having unlimited props is a freedom and many administrators throughout the time have taken a good advantage of that, creating marvelous dupes for the players. Unfortunately, however, an immense amount of props used irresponsibly may cause FPS decreasing - commonly refereed as 'lag'. This has become too frequent and thus an approach to solve this issue without removing the very possibility to spawn big dupes have been made.

Administrators will have a proplimit of 150 props. This will be used to create ordinary dupes, just as a player with 40 props would. Due to their time administrating the server, there must be some kind of reward to this, hence a proplimit of 150 instead of 40 props. However, there are times where more props are needed and so a new command have been established that gives the administrator in question more props. The administrator must state a reason of legitimacy (guidelines are available for administrators) and that reason, along with the amount of props, will be broadcasted to the entire server. But to be further approach transparency, a page have been established that collects the 45 most recent prop increases. This will be frequently monitored in order to make sure the command is used for the better of the community.

As before, an increase of proplimit for a user have been available and still will be. Similarly with the admin proplimit extension command, it will log on the proplimit page and announce to the whole server at the time of use. There have been unfortunately an irresponsible amount of increases which has led to a quite individualistic environment where people build their own dupes with a big amount of props, rather than to converse with others and build together in order to accomplish something. Out of personal experience, that is how you meet new people and is a path to strengthen the bonds within the community.

The extension of proplimit will therefore be heavily reduced, both on main and build server. It will be used for special occasions, such as events or an irregular type of roleplays that warrants a rightfully increase of proplimit. The very first thing that will be encouraged upon requesting a proplimit extension will be to do it with someone else and split the dupe. We realize of course that it is not always possible, thus the very existence of the command.

King Regards,

Floodify
Supervising Administrator

Credit:
  • Devon - Coding
  • Floodify - Proplimit page
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Promotes building together, also people can build 150 dupes separately and then get people to come together and paste it.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Rebdogg
Glad to hear something has happened about this, been a problem for years.

Good job.
Interested to see how this'll go. Good job.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(05-12-2017, 04:35 PM)DVN Wrote: Promotes building together, also people can build 150 dupes separately and then get people to come together and paste it.

This is what I do with most of my dupes, I always need a team to place them it's an easy way of setting up dupes instead of trying to ask an admin who may be busy.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
Nice

Very Nice
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
I guess some of the admins arent happy now, Lol

Finally
The following 1 user Likes Marvin's post:
  • Molyneux481
Good update. I myself have been very wreckless with this, and I'm happy wih a restriction, that'll limit fps decrease, and give it a good roleplay enviroment around it. I'll still do my events, were I'll keep it fun for massive smounts of people.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
(05-12-2017, 04:46 PM)Jonas Wrote: Good update. I myself have been very wreckless with this, and I'm happy wih a restriction, that'll limit fps decrease, and give it a good roleplay enviroment around it. I'll still do my events, were I'll keep it fun for massive smounts of people.

2000 props later
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 10 users Like Panda's post:
  • Jonas, Yonno, Iraqi Eagle, Link, DVN, Dauntless, Envy, Jordy, Coffee, Ethan Bradberry
Shit change if you ask me.
Well, good thing im not an Admin anymore because those changes with the team are just... shit (in my opinion, dont get triggered)
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • Marvin