[Solved] Found possible cause for missing ambulance textures
Exclamation 
I have noticed that new players and players who recently got back to Fearless have missing ambulance textures. No matter how many times you try to install the content addons. There might be a reason for that.

I used Gmad extractor to extract the models and textures from the workshop addons. The problem seems to be with CityRP content 4. Now when I took a look in the materials folder for the ambulance ( CityRP Content Part 4\materials\models\lonewolfiescars\ford_f350_ambu ) I noticed this. 

[Image: DYgt9HX.png?1]
If you take a look, for the ambulance skins there are only VMT files (which are like information for the textures, what material they are, how shiny they are, bumpmaps etc.) But there needs to be VTF files (Which are the actual textures). 

Now there are couple VTF files. For the carpet, computer,  and few others. Because these have VTF textures they work in game. 
[Image: kWHUFMn.jpg]
The walls don't have textures, they are solid colors so ignore them, but the carpet on floor and lights have working textures since they have VTFs. While the interior cabin and the actual skins don't have VTFs so they don't work.

Now this might all be proven false and I might have missed something, but this seems to be the problem. Easy test would be if someone could send the texture VTFs (I could try to create an updated addon with them to see if it fixes this).

There is one problem still
Players who have been playing for a while don't have missing textures? I have no clue why this is. Possibly the textures were available in the past but something happened and now they aren't downloaded?
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Mustang, Joe Joe
I forgot what addon does this, but I just have my Cans, vending machine and ambulance reskinnrd

Looks nicer
Same problem with mustang. Except it's skin 1

Since soul has the content packs it will take time for fix.
I don't have an issue with the ambulance never have and I've done fresh installs of GMOD so many times. So I'm not exactly sure as to why some are having them and some aren't.

Last time I re-installed GMOD I only subbed to the workshop content and download HL Ep 1&2 and CSS the maps and it still works fine for me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-29-2017, 04:32 PM)Marty Wrote: I don't have an issue with the ambulance never have and I've done fresh installs of GMOD so many times. So I'm not exactly sure as to why some are having them and some aren't.

Last time I re-installed GMOD I only subbed to the workshop content and download HL Ep 1&2 and CSS the maps and it still works fine for me.

I remember last time I played somewhere during christmas or before that it was working fine, but now it isn't working and other new players have this problem too. Since it's working for you the textures must be somewhere on your computer.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
I can only guess it's not in the addon but for maybe some reason ends up randomly being downloaded by FastDL
Just a theory

A GAME THEORY
Information 
ok quick update I have found the owner of the addon and he said that need this:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=266579667
[Image: zypxjb7.jpg]
closing as two of the same topic
[Image: zypxjb7.jpg]