Adverts? Who can see them?
Hi guys
I just wanted to start a discussion on everyone's opinion on who can see adverts in game. For example would the president see freedom fighters adverts if he was a dictator, or would he not? Do you think the system possibly needs changing, to add different types of admins, or dark web boards or something?
Post your opinions below!
I guess the president will see it as its a public advertisement and the president pretty much runs the city. The idea of dark web advertising is a really good one actually as underground jobs and/or freedom fighters can have a way to advertise more efficiently, it should also cost more to advertise the 'Dark web' way and maybe make it so the government members can not see these types of adverts.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
The following 1 user Likes Rebdogg's post:
  • Archer
Yeah I mean a chef advertising his hot dog stand and a gun dealer wouldn't do it in the same website/radio channel
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
I think adding more would make it a little too complex and confusing tbh, I do like the idea but maybe we should stick to just /advert being global for all to see.
The following 5 users Like DVN's post:
  • Baskingner, Dauntless, Iraqi Eagle, already_fallen, Link
Freedom fighter who broadcasts adverts publicly are freaking dumb, we shouldn't change the system to compensate for their lack of intelligence.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
I agree with DVN, it seems like a nice idea in theory but let's not make things overly complicated. 

If the president wouldnt be able to see this 'dark web' then neither should citizens or any other passive jobs considering they originally shouldnt be part of criminal activities. This is ofcourse debatable for when one sets his job to criminal etc as a citizen.
Which leaves it to rebels and corleones, and these jobs are not allowed to cooperate anyways.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
What I'd possibly suggest is either a command - /D[arkweb]advert which does not allow the government to see (after all, citizens can access the dark web)
or a rule that states if (darkweb) was put before an advert government cannot see or something - /advert (darkweb) selling sick drugs fam
I think that's more common sense, as normally if anyone adverts anything to threaten me whilst I'm President I immediately warrant them. If they do add Darkweb or 'withheld number', something alone those lines I'll RP it with them and report it but not take any action.
So.. like /hrequest but then /hadvert? Sounds good to me.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • DVN
(04-27-2017, 08:14 AM)connbob Wrote: What I'd possibly suggest is either a command - /D[arkweb]advert which does not allow the government to see (after all, citizens can access the dark web)
or a rule that states if (darkweb) was put before an advert government cannot see or something - /advert (darkweb) selling sick drugs fam

The goverment can, and does, acces the deepweb so even with a realistic viewpoint i dont agree with this.

This is just simpler and adding multiple channels for advertising would make it too complicated in my opinion.