[Solved] Is this propclimb or not?
(04-20-2017, 03:59 PM)Theomenz Wrote: 2,600 hours and 2x Moderator experience 
This post does not at all represent the opinion(s) of the Fearless RP staff team and their interpretations of the inźgame rules

Questions to ask here are:
  • Was the elevator broken?
  • Was there an issue related to the gamemode that would cause problems if these actions were not take? (E.g players would crash if they stepped in the elevator)
  • If either of the previous situations are true, was permission given prior to the building? 

If the answer to all of those questions are "no", then I would count that as prop climbing. Prop climbing is described as using props to gain access to areas that would normally be inaccessible. In this case, the player chose to use the props instead of the elevator in both an unrealistic and unfair way (failrp).

I would not only call this prop climbing, but failrp as well.

If the answers to any of these were "yes" then I believe both sides should have been made aware of the changes being made to the environment and be given proper time to make everything fair and realistic.

No to all those questions. MasterNoda came and removed the props, brought Alredu (1000 hours in FLRP btw) and gave him a slap on the wrist and verbal warning, and tp'ed him back. Our RP was ruined, as my friend wasn't president anymore.
Sometimes a slap on the wrist and a verbal warning is all it needs. You don't always have to punish someone on the spot. Not to mention, building during a raid is against the rules for both sides I believe, another rule broken.
(04-20-2017, 05:29 PM)DVN Wrote: Sometimes a slap on the wrist and a verbal warning is all it needs. You don't always have to punish someone on the spot. Not to mention, building during a raid is against the rules for both sides I believe, another rule broken.

I don't think the purpose of this thread was due to a lack of punishment, but confusion from how the situation was handled and statements that MasterNoda allegedly said. Because of this misunderstanding I gave my two cents on the situation and my knowledge on the prop climbing rule. I would agree that sometimes a slap on the wrist is all that's needed at times, but it's hard to make that call when we only know one side of the story.
No, unless you had decent background rp
Eg:
Ex-government maintenance worker
Building in a raid is not allowed, so if it was built prior to the raid then it is indeed breaking the rules. Put its not prop climb per say.. but the aspect of when it was built needs to be taken into regards.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I would see it as Probclimb.
(04-20-2017, 08:01 PM)Theomenz Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 05:29 PM)DVN Wrote: Sometimes a slap on the wrist and a verbal warning is all it needs. You don't always have to punish someone on the spot. Not to mention, building during a raid is against the rules for both sides I believe, another rule broken.

I don't think the purpose of this thread was due to a lack of punishment, but confusion from how the situation was handled and statements that MasterNoda allegedly said. Because of this misunderstanding I gave my two cents on the situation and my knowledge on the prop climbing rule. I would agree that sometimes a slap on the wrist is all that's needed at times, but it's hard to make that call when we only know one side of the story.

I only mentioned the punishment given as it was mentioned firstly by FEASTY. But I definitely agree, we can't really be sure as we weren't involved but everyone seems to have the same sort of opinion towards the potential rule breakage.
-Closed-

Me and a fellow teacher believe that this 'Help and Support' thread has become more of a discussion rather than requesting help. If you wish to re-open it feel free or possibly move it to the more suitable sub-section of the forums being the discussions (Found here: https://www.fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)

Thanks,
Joe Joe
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<