[Solved] Is this propclimb or not?
A week ago, one of my friends were President, and someone(Alredu_Falun STEAM_0:1:72598730) in my opinion propclimbed a few stories up the elevator shaft and killed my friend. 

note: this is not a ban request btw

Now MasterNoda removed the props, but later explained to me that wasn't propclimb, which left me confused. I am now confused to what extent propclimb is or not. 

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/t7NKO

PMs:

(PM) To [FL] MasterNoda (1784): why did Alredu receive 0 punishment for 2 story
propclimb, where u said it was FailRP.

(PM) [FL] MasterNoda (1784): Because he was under the impression it was allowed. And
it wasnt a prop climb.

(PM) To [FL] MasterNoda (1784): How is it not propclimb lol ?

(PM) [FL] MasterNoda (1784): It was a fully built staircase, so I could see where he was
coming from.

(PM) [FL] MasterNoda (1784): Because propclimbing is just building a really shitty
construction to get over a wall or somethin

(PM) [FL] MasterNoda (1784): Or flying with a prop onto a building

-------------------------------------------------

Now because Alredu "propclimbed"? this way, he managed to avoid SRU's in the elevator, and climb up there without being noticed, which I feel like is FailRP and breaks RP in general.

EDIT: I was referred to post here by Sparx, so I hope I am not posting in wrong sub
Technically, it's not prop climbing because they are like stairs/ladders. So, making it realistic voids that rule as it's just climbing something realistic.

Thing I don't understand is how a raider is able to build that high, it should definitely be FailRP for sure. It's just not realistic, that would take loads of time and effort and more than one guy, but I don't know the full situation so couldn't say much else apart from the fact I think it is FailRP.
(04-20-2017, 01:29 PM)DVN Wrote: Technically, it's not prop climbing because they are like stairs/ladders. So, making it realistic voids that rule as it's just climbing something realistic.

Thing I don't understand is how a raider is able to build that high, it should definitely be FailRP for sure. It's just not realistic, that would take loads of time and effort and more than one guy, but I don't know the full situation so couldn't say much else apart from the fact I think it is FailRP.

Yeah I think he build it solo, but was raiding with other if I recall correctly.
It seems like this isn't being deemed propclimbing but is an unrealistic construction thus it was removed.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
In my opinion it is propclimbing due to the fact the props aren't static as in a world prop; he doesn't own the building that the props are placed in and it would be unrealistic for him to be able to place those things there as it would take a long time and he would definitely be noticed by someone.

EDIT: I have seen Alredu_ do this another time by building a levitating platform beside the elevator so you can hide there and not be seen.

-Removed by Steven8ken
It's not propclimb, it's just unrealistic built( punishable )
If it was built beforehand then it is debatable. If it was built as a necessity at the time I would see it as propclimb.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • SpecialTreatment
(04-20-2017, 02:24 PM)Midget Wrote: If it was built beforehand then it is debatable. If it was built as a necessity at the time I would see it as propclimb.

It was built as a means to get to the president and kill him without running into trouble from the elevators. AKA running into SRU's etc. My friend called for SRU's to assist him, but they simply avoided them by taking the "stairs"
See I had this out with admins and SA's in the past when I was nearly punished for propclimb and none could give me a straight answer. Essentially I was a robber/raider with decent enough background RP and I was using the aluminium ladder prop with one of these cogs invisible. The ladder was just for show and the cog prop was so I could walk up and according to the staff at the time that was considered prop climbing so I am surprised that this isnt. Interesting though brings a full new dynamic to raiding.
[Image: giphy.gif]
2,600 hours and 2x Moderator experience 
This post does not at all represent the opinion(s) of the Fearless RP staff team and their interpretations of the inźgame rules

Questions to ask here are:
  • Was the elevator broken?
  • Was there an issue related to the gamemode that would cause problems if these actions were not take? (E.g players would crash if they stepped in the elevator)
  • If either of the previous situations are true, was permission given prior to the building? 

If the answer to all of those questions are "no", then I would count that as prop climbing. Prop climbing is described as using props to gain access to areas that would normally be inaccessible. In this case, the player chose to use the props instead of the elevator in both an unrealistic and unfair way (failrp).

I would not only call this prop climbing, but failrp as well.

If the answers to any of these were "yes" then I believe both sides should have been made aware of the changes being made to the environment and be given proper time to make everything fair and realistic.
The following 1 user Likes Theomenz's post:
  • Joulle