Property System
From what i can see, the new system can be contributory, but also has some disadvantages.
But for now i'm just curious to see the new system operational.
I believe this system is a great addition. In my eyes, you have several positives:

- You no longer have people buying properties without spending much time in them
- People are no longer taking up the whole Villas just to base there.
- Makes it way easier on the government for government areas
- A player can now own a large area with more than 5 doors without resorting to other players buying doors for them.
- You don't have to keep using "F2" on doors to give/take access.
- People commit themselves more to a location.

Downside I see:

- Some properties cannot be afforded by relatively new players, such as prime shop locations in main street, though this is somewhat realistic too and prevents new players from buying extremely expensive locations without putting them to good use.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 2 users Like Holdem's post:
  • Rylund, DanSchneider
(04-19-2017, 12:03 PM)Holdem Wrote: -snip-
Downside I see:

- Some properties cannot be afforded by relatively new players, such as prime shop locations in main street, though this is somewhat realistic too and prevents new players from buying extremely expensive locations without putting them to good use.

I agree with the positives you mentioned, however I have to disagree here and say that with the current prices there is no use good enough for these properties to be put to that would return the investment made. This is killing any roleplays that are not strictly based on monetary gain (and hurting those that are). If prices remain as they are right now, people playing in service jobs will either raise their cut to exorbitant levels (also causing self supplying to become a bigger problem) or stop using properties altogether. Neither of these options is positive, in my opinion. Realism means nothing if it means hurting player experience.
The following 6 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Hitman, Gadesa, Pollux, dawson270500, DanSchneider, RockDead69
(04-19-2017, 12:40 PM)Avgar Wrote:
Downside I see:

I agree with the positives you mentioned, however I have to disagree here and say that with the current prices there is no use good enough for these properties to be put to that would return the investment made. This is killing any roleplays that are not strictly based on monetary gain (and hurting those that are). If prices remain as they are right now, people playing in service jobs will either raise their cut to exorbitant levels (also causing self supplying to become a bigger problem) or stop using properties altogether. Neither of these options is positive, in my opinion. Realism means nothing if it means hurting player experience.

100% Correct. This needs to be fixed immediately. I for one even though I have over $7 million, am not paying $5,000 for an 0ffice building and $500 rent every 15 minutes. I would say have either or, not both a deposit and rent.
(04-19-2017, 12:51 PM)Hitman Wrote:
Downside I see:

100% Correct. This needs to be fixed immediately. I for one even though I have over $7 million, am not paying $5,000 for an 0ffice building and $500 rent every 15 minutes. I would say have either or, not both a deposit and rent.

Finally someone said what I'm thinking.
I don't even see why this thing was added; The Properties we have now are fine the prices are good. What if I want to make a Passive Café in General Store and not charge people for money? I only make $100 every 5 minutes as the Citizen Role; and if I get charged $500 every 15 minutes I'm losing $300. What's the point in rent or this new system the only benefit it gives players is being able to lock government doors and not be locked out of Public Areas the rest is just negative effects.

No offense; It's nice but it just doesn't look like it will work out in the long run.

-Removed by Steven8ken
It's a nice updated, but prices are too high in my opinion.

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

what is the door display menu do
[Image: FYJG4OF.png]
Would it be possible for people that have a government worker pass to use the government properties in a future update?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:42675657&b=8]
(04-19-2017, 12:51 PM)Hitman Wrote:
Downside I see:

Definitely either or and not both, I can definitely agree with that. If it's a straight up deposit it still needs to be lowered.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Robbtja, Envy
(04-20-2017, 05:51 PM)MasterNoda Wrote: I already went through the config file and changed the prices to a reasonable amount. Just waiting for the server to crash for it to be updated

hallelujah
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 5 users Like Envy's post:
  • Archer, Molyneux481, Teendiver, Iraqi Eagle, DreeBott