Property System
[Image: 29c34e1155dd47df229f1fc129c20c35.png]
Hello, Fearless Community! I might not be a developer anymore, but I'll still bring you something new today, I've been working on this update for a long time and I'm finally happy with the result. You probably already know what update I am bringing you today by reading the title, I'm bringing you a brand new property system! The system contains a lot of new features which I'll explain in this thread.

Pre-defined properties

Spoiler :
[Image: ff193dd1b402b2398fee8a031cec0d60.jpg]
[Image: 08e68b80f6c92e9d690a2088fa02affb.jpg]
[Image: 547a044cee7246e488f7e1fc46384bcd.png]

The system will have all doors spawned in by the map grouped within a property, these properties will have the name of the property displayed on the doors and also display the current status of the property. If the property is currently up for grabs it will display "Purchasable" and if the property has been sold it will display "Sold", however, in this update we also bring you some new statuses, these being "Owned by the government" for government buildings, "Public" for public buildings that anyone are allowed to enter.
When a property is owned by the government all government officials will be able to lock and unlock the doors within the property, the buildings that we currently set as owned by the government are; Hospital, Nexus & Fire station.

Real estate agent

Spoiler :
[Image: 886680ac83590c149418022829a5f5b2.png]

Instead of the old system where you were able to walk up to the doors you wanted to purchase and then press f2 on them to purchase them, you now have to visit the real estate agent who will have all the properties listed for sale apart from the ones that are unownable. The real estate agent will tell you how much the property cost along with other various information about the properties. To view a list of properties you simply press "e" on the real estate agent and a menu will pop up displaying all properties available. The real estate agent will be located on Shopping street between the clothing store and the small general store.

Property Menu

Spoiler :
[Image: e27d8dd9ee0fd581bb5802bf635e694f.png]

As explained further up, when clicking "e" on the real estate agent a menu will pop up containing all the properties available for purchase. This menu has a lot of features incorporated in it, some that will make it easier for you to find the correct property.

Top menu buttons
In the top of the menu, you will see three buttons, these buttons are simply to make it easier for you to browse the properties. These three buttons are "All properties", "Purchasable properties" and "Bought properties". When clicking on all properties you will be able to watch every single property featured in the property system, even the ones that are unownable and the ones owned by other players.
If you click on the "Purchasable properties" button you will only see the properties that are currently up for grabs, that means if someone owns a property, it will be filtered out and not be shown in that menu.
If you click on the "Bought properties" button you will only see properties you currently own.

Filters
With the property menu, we also included a filter to make it easier to find the correct property, you will be able to filter by map locations and property types. That means if you want a Business building within the city you could click these two filters, that way you would only be shown buildings that has been marked as Business buildings and are located within the city.

Other
When hovering over a property you will see the name of the property along with the cost of said property, when hovering over the property you will also be able to press view more info where you will be able to read more information about the property. I'll attach a picture below.

Spoiler :
[Image: 2eb52d74eb1be4beba2271c93407c1b9.png]

Introducing new property editing menus along with new design
With this new update, I've also decided to introduce a completely new design to the door menus along with adding new features to the door menus. The design was created by Floodify in Photoshop and then created in-game by me.

Door management
When you own a property you can press f2 to open the door manager, when pressing f2 it will look at what door you are looking at, and then open the menu for editing that door. You will be met with a completely new menu compared to the old door menu, introducing new features such as searching and team access. You can view the new door menu in the spoiler below.

Spoiler :
[Image: ce39b882af613c9b40e8783ea0462062.png]

Property management
So here comes a completely new feature that has become reality because of the property system, you will now be able to edit a property as a whole. What this means is that you can change names on all doors in your property, add people, add teams etc. as a whole, you no longer have to do it for every single door in your property.
The property manager also introduces "user/team to edit doors" which gives people who have access to the whole property access to press f2 on the doors within the property and edit the doors one by one.
View the pictures in the spoiler below to see everything.

Spoiler :
Property Options
[Image: 26dcb2a2d85af9fa59b5f0bb4d305a80.png]

Adding user
[Image: fa323b1df116772084c0add4de8accf4.png]

Adding Team
[Image: 9349fea7e95482b2799dee3f0c248cf6.png]

Useful information
With this property system there is a lot of new stuff to keep track of, nearly everything you need will be posted in this section.

Property cost
With this new property system, I've also chosen to introduce a new way fo carrying out property payment. Once purchasing a property you have to pay a payout which you can see when hovering over the property in the property menu, however, to avoid people holding on to properties forever I've also introduced a property rent which you can also see when hovering over a property, the rent will be taken from you ever 15 minutes. If you cannot pay for the rent once it's taken, the property will be sold once again.
Once selling the property you will get 50% back of the payout price.

Commands
With the new property system, I've also added a few commands to the server, some of them which are temporary until some other systems within FL get updated.
user commands:
/getowner - Get the owner of the property you are currently looking at (A door)

(Trial)Admin commands:
!sellproperty - Sell a users property
!propertylimit <user> <amount> - Set a property limit for the user

Credits
SnowredWolf - Coded the property system from the bottom, basically coded everything behind the system. Setting up the properties; Calculating sizes, naming them, grouping doors etc.
Floodify - Designed all the menus in photoshop.
Marvin - Setting up the properties; Calculating sizes, naming them, grouping doors etc.
Mintblackbeard, Eee394 & Link66 - Writing descriptions for the properties
The teacher team - Helped test the system prior to release.
Suarez - Suggesting a property system. (https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=66259)

NOTICE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE CRASHING ISSUES SINCE LATEST GMOD UPDATE, READ THIS!

Spoiler :
Due to the new Gmod update, we've seen people encounter crashing issues when pressing f1 and joining the server if you encounter these issues you can set your Gmod to development branch for now.
To do this, you right-click on Gmod in your steam library, press settings, choose betas, then choose Development branch.
After doing this your game will update, if you in the future get a message with your Gmod running another version than the server, then go back to the default branch the same way as you went to the development branch.

This is not a guaranteed fix, however, it has fixed the issue for a few people so far.

[Image: af7a326674c36fffddd551ba093996bc.png]

[Image: d80831e8a829a7a8ff1f38f07ea970f5.png]

[Image: 5254e885ea257b2f3411ec2788f3850e.png]

Looks like a cool idea, can't wait for this to be in the server.
Great update Snowredwolf! You can see that there's put so much effort into making it a mature system.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
nice work!
Finally!

good work Everybody!
Shitttt looks really nice
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
Awesome! Great work
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
Nice job!
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
Good job!
Love it, system is great as well as the design. Awesome!