Suggestions for the Server[Need Input]
I'm mainly making this thread because I've got quiet a few suggestions, and I don't really wish to clutter the Suggestion forum with all of them...

Change SS Model

The SS Model as of present looks like something out of some type of PMC[Private Military Contractor] group. IMHO... They should be changed too something like... This: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=93275

The reason for this is quiet simple. It looks more like Secret Service over someone coming out of Afghanistan, and it still can be id'ed as Special Service.

Allow Government To Fish

As of right now the present system which 'prevents' fishing has only prevented the president from fishing. I believe it should be either fixed so that all government can't fish or just make it so the Government can fish... A lot of presidents have been getting into the Jazz of fishing events, and allowing the Pres to fish would benefit Roleplay greatly.

Lower Income for Rebels/Corleones

As of present... The Rebels/Corleones make roughly $250 per payday. This combined with the fact that most Rebels/Corleones just Contrafarm has caused a few issues with the paydays... The Government/other jobs earn less then these two groups. This promotes Violent RP as well as ContraFarming and should be seriously looked into.

Locked Minimum Keypad Delay

The Keypads are that little annoying thing which can cause quiet a bit of hassle for admins/players alike. Most keypads will only stay unlocked for one too two seconds. I've come with a suggestion to fix this. The suggestion is to edit/lock the keypad tool someway so that the minimum hold time is 5-7 seconds. This would stop bad fading doors and lower admin hassle on calls in regards to Keypads.

Removal of Contra Rights

Contrafarmers... They don't do much, but farm cash for 'CARS' and 'GUNS' in my personal belief an admin command should be enabled to revoke 'CnD'[Contra and Drugs] rights from contrafarmers which show signs of trigger-happiness.
This doesn't mean, remove contra from every person doing contrafarming... A certain kind of contrafarmer is something which needs to be addressed. They like to set up bases in houses and will basically shoot anyone which comes within 10 Ft because they think they are 'raiding'. These are the only people which should be having Contra/Drugs taken from them.

Switching Police Handgun

The present handgun used by the police [usp] is a very poor choice in defending against those with heavy firearms. If I may suggest... If it's possible that we can switch the USP for the 5-7. The 5-7 has a higher fire rate but is less accurate and slow reload compared too the USP, but the higher fire rate would greatly benefit police in firefights.

Text Screens

I will not say, "REMOVE ZE LETTERS" I love those... But we need to have a way for players to make an RP sign which doesn't consist of several props, leaving them unable to make an RP Event.

The best way to possibly do something like this would be to use something like the Label Tool but instead it uses the Letters mod and just uses a false-render of the objects [like parenting]. This would allow for unique signs which leave less of a foot-print on the server.

Clan Menu

If you've played PERP... You'll understand what I'm about to say. Clans, Orgs, and Groups should be done with Clan Menus ingame. Now hold on!
I'm going to make some serious suggestions on how this could work...

The Clan Menu will have the following:

Clan Name
Forum URL
Ranks
Divisions[good for business groups]
Allies/Enemies
Event Reminders
Group Color

Being who I am... No Clan Radios. It just creates serious Metagame... Now I won't stop here though... During 'Clan Wars' every member of the warring clans will be limited on contra spawning, salaries will be locked, and otherwise. This would prevent elongated conflicts which admins would need to break up in order to prevent E-drama. Not too mention with Clan Wars being moderated by menus you could have it so that after members whom are killed in combat by enemy groups will receive a 'KIA' if captured[tied up] they'll receive 'PoW' this would in turn prevent NLR/Metagaming, and after a certain number of people are captured/killed the war will end.

I know that sounds all Violent RP derp, but it's more about preventing Violent RP from breaking rules and making Clan Wars/Clans more moderated.

Most of these suggestions are just open for debate so that I can get suggestions and stuff of how to refine them...
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Nadrick
(12-18-2011, 08:45 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Locked Minimum Keypad Delay
There are rules against having keypads unlocking for less than two or three seconds, which is plenty of time anyway.

Removal of Contra Rights
There might as well just be a new rule the explicitly forbids contracamping.

Switching Police Handgun
I think the current weapon is fine. It's supposed to be crappy so as to not overpower the Police Officer class.

Text Screens
Not sure about this. I can see people spamming the word "PENIS" on every single wall they see, but otherwise it's not a bad idea. Just hope it doesn't lag the server if all 50 players write something.
I don't tend to have much to do with clans so I don't really have any opinion on the last suggestion. Anyway, these are my thoughts. Everything else I agree with.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
i like all of these especially the special service one, its a knownf act 98% who go ss put on a suit immediately so they don't stick out like and get shot immediately

(ex.) once i was driving from the lake as a ssa (the president wanted fresh fish) and as i drive by rebel spawn, they shoot my car up thinking i was coming to raid them all because i had on that dam commando gear >_>

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
Exactly why the admins should have the ability to blacklist contrafarming for certain people... They just get itchy fingers around that shit, and it goes southward real fast if they see cops.
Contra Farmers Beware...For Samiel comes to collect you....

Though more on topic, i agree with them all, though SS should just be renamed SWAT
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • EGI (R.A.A.) [SEA]Kai Meiuqer
Change SS Model

It's more like the SWAT so I think the model is alright.

Allow Government To Fish

Can't really see a problem why this is even prohibited. Although I think the President should stay in the Nexus and not run around the whole map.

Lower Income for Rebels/Corleones

They shouldn't have any income at all.

Locked Minimum Keypad Delay

Agreed, should be somehow scripted so the standard time is always a minimum of 3 seconds or something.

Removal of Contra Rights

Not sure about this one. Blacklist people from using contraband?

Switching Police Handgun

We won't give a higher powered gun into the hands of mostly minges.

Text Screens

Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Clan Menu

I've always wanted something like this, if Soul can do it, would be great.
Dare to think!
I would like to add a few suggestions to yours Joey. I agree with everything, except: Corleones and Rebels shouldn't even get a salary. 2: Keypads should be removed in my opinion.

Yes, I know that without Keypads things will be different. But let's be honest... Isn't it a bit "Unreal"? Sure if it's light RP, but it's Semi-Serious, therefore... Take them off. "How will you make doors then?" There's a tool called Doors that would need implementing, fairly easy it just goes in the Q menu, with the rest of tools. In this menu, you have normal doors, big combine doors, small combine doors, a small gate... etc. Now this would be more realistic. Making a door that actually opens and closes, instead of having a fence disappear and appear magically.

Plus, in my opinion, keypads just mean that you will be killed before cracking it if trying to get into a base. Plus, when you're finished cracking, you need to crack it again after 2-3 seconds when the door closes...

Still they do add to the RP IF used properly, so I would think you should only be allowed to use keypads if you have X ammount of RP points for example. People that have 10 RP points can do keypads... And RP points, this is what I wanted to talk about.

How about, making officers having heavy firearms? Now, not just any officers... But depending on your RP points, you get access to bigger weaponry. So for example, if you have 5 RP points, you can use an MP5 as an officer, if you have 10 RP points, you can use an M4. People with high RP points USUALLY mean that they can RP. Plus people will try to RP better to get these points because of the "Rewards".

Just my opinion.