/undercover command for users
Title of Suggestion

/Undercover command for users.

Description

We used to have /undercover which could be utilised by users to change their vehicle once an administrator has granted permission to the user, which I thought was really cool. Recently I've been seeing a lot of staff members setting Undercover Police jobs to 'Citizen' and keeping the green colour when looking at them in-game.

I thought of maybe having the command added for the game to automatically do this once the command is entered, after staff permission is given first just like the old vehicle command.

/goundercover
/undercoverofficer
/undercoveruser

Something like that..

Why?

Mainly for roleplay reasons, but here's a few:
- It will prevent a lot of metagaming that currently goes on for undercover police.
- RP'ing as an undercover officer becomes a lot more in depth and really does carry a responsibility, I'm guilty of seeing undercover officers and going to confront them and as soon as I see the blue name my attitude totally changes and sometimes I just leave, instead of asking for ID etc.
- It saves time for staff members, although the command would need to be granted you don't need to mess around with changing the name colour to match the job.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Ethan Bradberry, TheSiphon
+support. Maybe have when the officer does /showid the job title gets set back to undercover officer and colour changes to blue. Something will come up as "[name] shows his police badge".

And /concealid turns it to green again?
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 1 user Likes ELAD's post:
  • Devon
+support

-Support
There's no proof that it will stop metagaming because anyone can just Hold TAB to look at the scoreboard and see this person is in the police force tab. Also if there was a command for this everybody in the police force would be using this unless there was a cap - We should stick to the normal Editing of Jobs and changing models and asking for permission for our job colour to be changed and to go undercover entirely.

-Removed by Steven8ken
+support as long as there is a restriction on amount of slots in the police force that can go undercover.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
+Support

For now, we are able to set it if people ask with @.
+support
The following 1 user Likes Pingu's post:
  • Zona
There is a command of /copcar, a command which an Admin gives permission and it turns the vehicle black with a siren however I believe it is broken. Your suggestion could replace that.

+Support
+Support
For having you car changed

-Support
For setting your Color to green and your job to citizen.

2.3 Do not Metagame. This means you cannot talk OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character). You can't use OOC-obtained information IC either.

"Metagaming is when you use Out-Of-Character (OOC) information In-Character (IC). What happens IC should stay IC, and anything OOC is not relevant to IC roleplay. You also cannot use IC information obtained from OOC sources, such as the scoreboard, which displays IC information such as jobs and character names. "

9.1 Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay.

9.2 Custom jobs that conflict with the rules are not allowed.

9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).

14.1 Do not raid as a Citizen without changing your job name.
The following 2 users Like StrikeOne's post:
  • Dragnort_, Iraqi Eagle
+support for the green Jobcolour and Citizen as Jobname. -> Prevent a lot of Metagaming
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:58796338&b=7]