SOPA.
Exclamation 
Apparently, The American Government, Sadly which i have too listen too. Is trying too pass a bill called SOPA. Im not going to give the whole thing, But ill give a good example of what itll do, Say on Youtube, A user posted a Copyrighted song, And didnt include proper details too show its NOT his song. Now they have the right, (From the SOPA bill) To block the WHOLE site. Same with Facebook. Keep in mind this is the SAME type of things they use in China, A COMMUNIST country. Im not trying too sound like a liberal but, This is just redicoulous. Here's a video further explaining it more. Give me your opinions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8f...AAAAAAAAAA
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

Meanwhile, on 4chan...
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(12-17-2011, 02:49 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: Meanwhile, on 4chan...

Forgive me if i dont get your quote.

Beflok is my idol

O sheet
*Talking to my grandchildren in the year 2070* "Back when I was young you could type Troll Face into what was then called Google without having a SWAT team crashing through your living room 30 seconds later." Grandchildren: "Wow? Really?! That's so cool!!"
I admit the internet is a bit cluttered up full of rubbish. It's like a garden left to grow on it's own for the last 20 years, it's become overgrown, infested, dirty, disorganised and unmaintained. But what this SOPA thing is trying to do is too far. This is like paving over the metaphorical garden with asphalt rather than giving it a neat hedge-trim and lawnmowing.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

(12-17-2011, 02:50 PM)Worldwidecoffee Wrote: Forgive me if i dont get your quote.
Basically, there will be quite a lot of activity there on this topic.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
"OMG RAID THE PRESIDENT!"

Kiddin' of course, but the issue itself is serious. If the bill passes, who's going to be the party responsible for enforcing it? The government? Hell no! It's going to be the big record companies and agents from Hollywood.

Basically, the bill with it's current wording makes things such as "Let's Play" and "Internet Reviews" subject to immediate takedown, even if they are protected by free use. Try telling that to the media moguls!

In other words, yes. The idea behind it is good, a REAL government doesn't troll it's citizens for no reason. The intentions of the bill are good, but unfortunately, the results of it can be related to dropping a 5 Megaton Payload to New York to eradicate organized crime in the area.

May have been a bad example, but there's way too much "collateral" damage if this Bill passes in it's current wording. I mean, the Internet we know is quite literally ONLY 20 years old! Hell, I'm AS OLD AS THE INTERNET.

In any case, that's my two cents on the issue. I really hope they will not give the tycoons a chance to take down actual fanworks and whatnot, if this passes.

they pass that shit and im moving to the UK, im dead serious (no lie i am DEAD serious i will leave the us)

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
Heard quite a bit about this, even though im not in the US, sites such as That Guy With The Glasses "The Nostalgia Critic and everyone who works with the group, The Spoony One, Film Brain, Bennet The Sage Etc" Would also face possable delisting if somone were to bring up a complaint about them, as they use scenes from movies for parody, though this is covered by another Act in the states, it would be overruled by SOPA if it was brought to them. The site would be delisted, and everything to do with it as well, meaning unless its a dirrect IP connection "Even that may not work" you cannot access it

If you like the AVGN, he would also face possable delisting if his site was brought forward to them, and if they found him to have copyrighted material on his site, he would face imidate delisting without any warning, and very little way to counter it

Really anysite that is brought to them that they find to have "Illigal copyrighted" materials on it, would be delisted.

THIS is why im glad i live in canada, because this is just the iceing on the cake of the crap their puting into law down there.

Recently they made it legal for the U.S Gov to arrest US citizens, jail them for an indefinate amount of time without trial, if they suspect them to be a terrorist, or supporting terrorists
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(12-18-2011, 10:29 AM)BlackDog Wrote: Heard quite a bit about this, even though im not in the US, sites such as That Guy With The Glasses "The Nostalgia Critic and everyone who works with the group, The Spoony One, Film Brain, Bennet The Sage Etc" Would also face possable delisting if somone were to bring up a complaint about them, as they use scenes from movies for parody, though this is covered by another Act in the states, it would be overruled by SOPA if it was brought to them. The site would be delisted, and everything to do with it as well, meaning unless its a dirrect IP connection "Even that may not work" you cannot access it

If you like the AVGN, he would also face possable delisting if his site was brought forward to them, and if they found him to have copyrighted material on his site, he would face imidate delisting without any warning, and very little way to counter it

Really anysite that is brought to them that they find to have "Illigal copyrighted" materials on it, would be delisted.

THIS is why im glad i live in canada, because this is just the iceing on the cake of the crap their puting into law down there.

Recently they made it legal for the U.S Gov to arrest US citizens, jail them for an indefinate amount of time without trial, if they suspect them to be a terrorist, or supporting terrorists

Sadly, It almost sounds like were falling into a communism...US is trying to limit ALOT of things us Americans do nowadays. But..I doubt itll happen. They'll just hit the barrier, Then stop.

Beflok is my idol