[Solved] [HOWTO] Play music though your mic.
So alot of players have been asking me how i play music though my mic for my DJ rps. Its very simple and only needs a few things

DISCLAIMER: I know there's a better ways todo this, but this is how i do it so please don't hate. Smile

Things you will need:

1) A pc with a line in in port

2) A phone with music, Spotify, Youtube or something else.

3) Male to Male audio lead. they can be found in pound shops or other shops for like 50p

Once you have everything you can start playing music!

Plug one end of your male to male audio cable into the audio in slot in your pc, and plug the other end into your phone (Make sure you unplug your main mic or steam will use that as its main input.)

Once that's done, you should enable "listen to this device"

Once this is done, you will be able to hear all the audio from your phone. This is what it will sound like in game, you may want to turn the whole thing down in the volume mixer as its very loud and you cannot hear the game too well.

Now its time to start up GarrysMod and pick a any song from your phone. Now copy this command into your console "+voicerecord" this will permanently turn your mic on for you. You can simply turn it off by pressing your talk key. Now if everything is done you should be playing music ingame. Please make sure to play by the rules with this and not mic spam.

And that's how i play music in game. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me or pm me on the forums. Thanks for reading.

GamingOfficialZZ
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes GamingOfficialZZ's post:
  • Grizzly
Nice. Or, install Realtek Audio Software and use Sound Mix as the default recording device. :d
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • dawson270500
(04-06-2017, 06:10 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Nice. Or, install Realtek Audio Software and use Sound Mix as the default recording device. :d

I used this when i had a really bad pc. I think this is the bests way of doing in, not tabbing out or anthing to change the song. Just use your phone XD
This is a handy guide and a good solution to a VAC, good job.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
(04-06-2017, 06:13 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: This is a handy guide and a good solution to a VAC, good job.

Thanks Finn, good to have your input.
Very useful, should be moved to useful docs.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(04-06-2017, 06:35 PM)Panda Wrote: Very useful, should be moved to useful docs.

Thanks for the support panda!
Very cool guide, wish I could do it as easy as this, but don't have a audio in port from what I am aware of.
(04-06-2017, 09:58 PM)Arny Wrote: Very cool guide, wish I could do it as easy as this, but don't have a audio in port from what I am aware of.

-Removed by Steven8ken
(04-06-2017, 09:58 PM)Arny Wrote: Very cool guide, wish I could do it as easy as this, but don't have a audio in port from what I am aware of.

Even so, in some cases you could use your mic port. This used to work for me but for some reason it randomly stopped one day.