Cafe Rodriguez (My business)
Thumbs Up 
Hi there. I just thought I'd let the good citizens of Evoland know that I've recently have started to open a bar/cafe in the same place in Evocity33x each time I've been on. So far it's been really good, the place is perfect for a kind of Parisian 1940s speakeasy type cafe. I am not trying to make you believe that you're in WWII France when you enter the cafe, but I am trying to get that kind of theme going so that my cafe can become a very classy, swanky, buzzing place where people from all walks of life meet, eat, drink and relax.

And as you may know in 1940s France there was a war on and so there was also La Resistance, who met up at local cafes and bars, and were often in league with the owner to gather intelligence in the area. This is the kind of theme I would like to create. If the president was particularly evil and corrupt, then rebels and Corleones could meet up at my bar and plot an assassination. This actually has happened once in my cafe the other day, but the server crashed before they killed the president. It was very fun to hide under the counter when the police knocked on the cafe door while the rebels tried to escape out the back.

If any of you have ever watched the Star Trek Voyager series, then I refer you to the The Killing Game episode where the crew are convinced they are working in a 1940s resistance cafe in occupied France; the sense of community in that episode is one I would greatly like to create.

The cafe is located in the Evocity 33x map, which is on server 2. The exact location of the cafe is on the street where all the apartment buildings are, next to the park which is next to the entrance to the Nexus garage. I will often put a blue light out the front, which I often refer to in my adverts so you can identify the place.

So there you have it. Just thought I'd share with you one of my little busineses I've got going. I would love you to come visit and add to the atmosphere when I'm online, I occasionally host a "first drink free" offer, but that's when business is flowing, so if you're lucky, come by and you might just get a free drink! Obviously I cannot claim the building as my own, that would be very unfair, and so it may not always be me owning the cafe/bar.

I will try to post some screenshots of the place soon. It might even become some sort of clan, but I'm not sure what the rules are on setting one up, so who knows. Cheese

Thanks for reading! Cheese
I would love to hear what you all think of the idea of such a place with the kind of theme and sense of community I'm describing. I've only set the place up for a few days now, but I think it will be quite popular in the future.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Here are some screenshots of the cafe. They are quite bad because I took them when the server crashed, and so I couldn't move around to adjust the viewpoint. I would have taken pictures of the other side of the room, but there textures for me are are pink and black squares so it would not have looked nice. I will try to post more soon.

[Image: CR1.png]

[Image: CR2.png]
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea

Cafe Rodriguez needs constant donations to keep it running, we simply can't pay for advertising and buying doors each time it is opened on the current prices of food and drink. Plus we offer free drinks often to encourage people to join the atmosphere. If you're online and see me setting up my cafe, please donate some Fearless dollars. Cheese

Wow, I've had A LOT of customers today, including the president and some admins. Cafe Rodriguez has also been a safe refuge during the alien attack, it looked very wartime-like inside with all the barricades and people huddled together in fear.

I would appreciate any comments about what you think of the cafe. Also, for those that have noticed the massive DOS spikes that are constantly occuring, SoulRipper has provided a solution for you so that you can wait out the connection problems longer and hopefully not have to reconnect. http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=7944

Here are some more screenshots of the cafe. This one was from today, where we had a real jazz musician performing the harmonica live on stage for all to see a wonderful community moment.

[Image: cr4.png]

Here is a screenshot of the local community meeting up in the cafe. Sorry about the textures, I don't have CSS.

[Image: cr3.png]

Do me a favor and get a life

jk
(12-18-2011, 12:21 AM)HowdyPeaks Wrote: Do me a favor and get a life

jk

You do realise that this is roleplay? And that many people mock roleplay with the phrase you just used, so if you were serious about that you would be mocking yourself as well. As you put "jk" I guess there's no offence taken. Please do drop by Cafe Rodriguez sometime, if I'm online. Smile

I am going to have to be president for a while to make some cash otherwise I cannot fund the cafe all the time. Obviously I wouldn't be president just for money, I do enjoy being president and maintaining order around the city.

(12-18-2011, 12:14 AM)SilentGamer Wrote: Here are some more screenshots of the cafe. This one was from today, where we had a real jazz musician performing the harmonica live on stage for all to see a wonderful community moment.

[Image: cr4.png]

Here is a screenshot of the local community meeting up in the cafe. Sorry about the textures, I don't have CSS.

[Image: cr3.png]

That's me on the right!