DDoS/DoS attacks
This is getting ridiculous.. isn't there anything they can do to stop the DoS/DDoS attacks?
What makes you think you're the only person annoyed by them? Or that a 3 year-old community hasn't explored any options on this matter?
(12-15-2011, 10:37 PM)Killjoy Wrote: What makes you think you're the only person annoyed by them? Or that a 3 year-old community hasn't explored any options on this matter?

I never said I wasn't, just saying it's getting out of control pretty badly..
Tell the butt hurt kids doing it then...

Who ever released the first (D)Dos Program for every little kid to get there hands on it should be strung up on a tree, and made to feel the wrath of all that is unholy!
easy way to handle it is to get their IP and ban it through the server's firewall- usually stops all connections from making an impact at all.
if you guys are feeling uppity, you can always hit them back, but it's pretty unlikely that only one or two people are bringing the server down themselves, as servers tend to have rather wide bandwidths; tis more likely a botnet.

I SAY go for the firewall ban, usually wont cause much trouble afterwards.

It's not that simple. Here are some keyword for you: spoofing, bot-net, overflow
All I can really think of at this point is to shut down the server for a month or so. Chances are, the kid'll just get bored (or think they've won) and move on to troll a different community.

inb4 "OMFG I CUDNT LIV W/OUT FERLESS SIR RAFFI IZ STOOPID LULZ"

Unless I've misunderstood what DDoSing actually is, or if anyone can think of an idea that's better (other than bitching whenever the server gets attacked, which, surprisingly, isn't all that effective), although I'm pretty certain it's a viable option if the attacks still happen even with anti-DDoS.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(12-16-2011, 03:20 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: All I can really think of at this point is to shut down the server for a month or so. Chances are, the kid'll just get bored (or think they've won) and move on to troll a different community.

inb4 "OMFG I CUDNT LIV W/OUT FERLESS SIR RAFFI IZ STOOPID LULZ"

Unless I've misunderstood what DDoSing actually is, or if anyone can think of an idea that's better (other than bitching whenever the server gets attacked, which, surprisingly, isn't all that effective), although I'm pretty certain it's a viable option if the attacks still happen even with anti-DDoS.

Fearless would most likely lose a lot of people, but I understand what you're saying. Smile
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Blame Seth for selling a very powerful Devnull program for 40$.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
We just gotta wait it out.
Angry
See You Later, space cowboy...