New graphics card
Smile 
So this is the final piece to my computer "puzzle" if you will. I have always played on integrated graphics all my life, and I decided to treat myself to something nice and get myself a new card so I can truly feel what it is like to be a PC gamer. I researched and researched and found a great priced card for only $40. The card I got is a Sapphire ATi Radeon HD5450, I could of got a 5570, but that required a mail-in rebate. Now I am not going to do any hardcore "Crysis 2 maxed out gaming", but just some casual GMOD and TF2 on max here and there, so I am pretty excited about this. Do you guys think I made a good purchase?
Respectfully,

Hooter
I got an XFX Radeon HD6450 from Fry's, a month ago, for only 45 dollars. Rebates ftw
Thumbs Up 
5450 is a very bad card. Had alot of game-compatibillity issues and overheated.

Your best buy would have been the 5570 as it is a very good card.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
lmao, get the new gen to be future-proof.. not this 55XX bollocks
(12-15-2011, 12:56 PM)Zzzzap Wrote: lmao, get the new gen to be future-proof.. not this 55XX bollocks

Depends on the budget he has. The current best buy card is 5770.
Credit goes to Jamie.
The drivers are poop for the 5770, I had to trash mine.
And it's not that good either
I've had mine for almost two years and it still works wonderful. It's good enough to hold Skyrim on "High" settings.
Credit goes to Jamie.
Two years, exactly. We're looking at ancient chipping on the card itself, meaning drivers are becoming more and more obsolete.
Like I stated, I am not going to be doing any hardcore gaming, that is what my Xbox is for. I got this card to help run casual games better than they would on integrated.
Respectfully,

Hooter
I would recommend a ASUS Radeon HD 6770 1GB GFX card.