Custom Fan
Okay, basically, I have a fan on the side of my PC about the size as your average office fan (maybe smaller) I've had this Gaming PC built by my friend a few month ago, and it's never worked. He doesn't even know how to get it working. I've tried SpeedFan and looking in the BIOS but found nothing...Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Simple, hardwire it. Skip any software and just plug it in to any sufficient voltage output on your motherboard, most likely you'll need to use multiple ones to get sufficient juice to even move the large blades.

Thing is, huge fans are a bit useless, as mainly what they make up with size, they lose with speed.
Aye, forget software, you want to just have it plugged right in there.

And Killjoy is right. I've got a fairly expensive computer case, HAF X or something, I can't remember the name, but it has a LOT of fans. Most are around 20cm. These are pretty large, but nowhere near office size. It makes up for this by having around 5 of them, spinning fast, and 2 14cm ones directly on the CPU, and a 3rd built into the GPU and quite large ones built into the RAM even.

Keeping a computer cool is extremely important.
I'll give it a go boys, I'm pretty useless when it comes to computers haha but I know the basic so I shouldn't find it to difficult!

Thanks for the replies Smile
Check the back of the fan to see what wattage it needs to run. If you connect it to a power cable fro mthe PSU you won't get more than 12v which isn't enough for an office fan.

Find a way to clamp it to the PC case and then plug it directly in a power socket.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.