Self-doubt and concerns
Sad 
Hey everyone, so this is uh, a little on the odd side I suppose but I wanted to ask for people's opinion of me.

I've been around for about a year now and I've been noticing that despite my regular activity, I still feel alien and unknown to the community. I've been trying to involve myself and I've discovered so much about the server, the rules and what people do. And yet...I feel alone still. I wasn't really making many friends, though I have recently made a couple which is a nice feeling.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could respond below what you think about me and if you have seen me before.

Also, how could I put myself more out there? To make more friends within the community and involve myself more so that people would invite me to their big roleplays and hang out with me.

Thank you.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
The following 1 user Likes PhantomSolaris's post:
  • Chech
I've seen you a couple times on the scoreboard but I don't think I've seen your character before actually. One way to get yourself out there is join the team speak and join a big room and just talk. Also join teams on the server with people that you think don't know you and RP with them.
The following 2 users Like Santacake's post:
  • mintblackbeard, PhantomSolaris
Join TS everyday or as much as possible.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
[Image: You-Turn-My-Software-Funny-Weird-Meme-Photo.jpg]
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • PhantomSolaris, Arkten, Balls
PhantomSolaris,

I have seen you around on the forums, but not much on the servers or teamspeak. I don't like seeing players alienated from the rest of the community. 
Feel Free to add me on Steam, [FL:RP] Create, or
Join Teamspeak and come into my channel, I would love to talk! If you were to ever have an issue with anything, there are people who wouldn't mind helping!
Hope to see you on the servers!
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
What you don't realise is people do see you. For example you've probably started seeing names you recognise from certain RP's or the scoreboard, and they probably recognise you too 90% of the time. I think you've got to put yourself out there more, host/make RP's that are more open to have people join in with enjoyable roles, joining team based RP's too like Police or a criminal group can easily set you on the right road to making friends. Good luck mate!
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
I'd suggest to go on teamspeak and join a clan. I made most of my friends througg clans.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
PoliceRP was my main thing, I'd always be on it and I'd always be talking to people, however I'm not remembered, I just become another voice on the radio and am soon forgotten. I had a large period of inactivity as I just grew bored and played other games, now that I'm back I've been trying my best to really do things and even actually roleplay something semi-decent.

Perhaps it's working because I was sent a PM in-game and invited to a clan, but I'd like to go further as I still kinda feel I'm not that close with most of you guys. I'll keep doing my best to say hello in OOC and help people wherever possible.

I've always had a concern with teamspeak and gmod due to the fact I find it overlaps way too much, especially if I have voiceradio going as well. It can be hard to focus, but I suppose I could mute in certain situations. I don't know...perhaps I'll give it a try, it's highly recommended after all.

Thank you all for the responses. Smile
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
The following 1 user Likes PhantomSolaris's post:
  • Random
(01-13-2017, 10:41 AM)PhantomSolaris Wrote: snep

Getting involved with OOC chat is good too, but yeah you're definitely on the right track mate I reckon lots of people recognise you but like others I myself tend to play alone and just kind of interact with everyone in various RP situations.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
I made my friends by being friends of their friends yanno.

The people of FL stick in their own little groups so you just gotta wiggle your way in.

In about a month I've made friends with like everyone :D
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 3 users Like Broccoli's post:
  • PhantomSolaris, Arkten, mintblackbeard