How to make Fearless great again
(12-08-2016, 01:24 PM)Robbtja Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 09:39 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Alright, there are some nice ideas already in this thread, keep them coming.

It's not my mission to have a hype here. I want to make the server great again and especially listen to the players and their ideas.

So far I've noted down:

- More updates, but not just content. Give jobs such as Fireman, Nexus Desk Secretary and other jobs more to do.
- Make the market more logical, prices that are better balanced.
- Improve the economy, have more things to spend/invest money on.
- Promote new developers and fast. I have already one person that I think will do a great job. You probably know who I mean. I of course need to gather more people. I'm going to contact him this evening (if he's online)
- Make it easy for developers to implement things. Stop with the first-checking method and trust the developers fully. We should just make backups frequently and the gamemode script can't really get messed up.
- Look at the activity of some staff members.
- Improve my own activity. I'm certainly going to do this.

It's late, but it's not too late. 2017 we're going to start greatly.

More feedback would be appreciated!

That ^
Wipe everything(Inventory, Money, RPP's etc.) except for Bans, Blacklists and Hours.

I don't think that would work Robbtja lol
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, DreeBott
Add pets!! pls

Such as:
\/
(12-08-2016, 04:56 PM)ArnyDaHamsta Wrote: Add pets!! pls

Such as:
\/

Because that's what this server has been lacking all these years.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 5 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Tomo, Baskingner, Broccoli, Random, Panda
Well, here's my two cents

I always loved v2d, the smaller city and map makes it more common for interactions. I just wish you didn't need to turn around and come back the way you came when you drive to the UM/lake/Industrial. 

I think if we removed the second server and ran v2d on it the server would fill up a lot quicker. Instead of keeping 60 people on the peak of v4b1 we could more consistently keep 70+ players on v2d and extend the peak times. 
Though I realize most people on the forums probably prefer v4b1 I think this would be the more sustainable option. And we could add v4b1 again when peak times become longer.

My computer was decent enough, and I couldn't run v4b1, therefore I didn't play because there wasn't any people I could play with. I assume MANY people are having the exact same issue.
They don't have a decent enough computer to run v4b1, and since v2d is empty they have none to play with and finds something else to play. 
Before the people with a better system helped populate v2d, now they don't anymore, they are playing v4b1.
Limiting people to only v2d would most likely populate v2d again and increase the amount of players FL is getting.

If the peak is longer people would also be more eager to join earlier, so they can secure a spot. Thus increasing the peak times even more. 

Besides, it is apparent the community is getting smaller. There's not that many people of the forums and server. Is it time to down-size?

This is just my belief/opinion.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Eclipze
(12-08-2016, 06:53 PM)Midget Wrote: Well, here's my two cents

I always loved v2d, the smaller city and map makes it more common for interactions. I just wish you didn't need to turn around and come back the way you came when you drive to the UM/lake/Industrial. 

I think if we removed the second server and ran v2d on it the server would fill up a lot quicker. Instead of keeping 60 people on the peak of v4b1 we could more consistently keep 70+ players on v2d and extend the peak times. 
Though I realize most people on the forums probably prefer v4b1 I think this would be the more sustainable option. And we could add v4b1 again when peak times become longer.

All due respect, why would it make sense to eliminate the more popular server? That would likely cause more harm than good because regular V4B players could get pissed off about the decision and leave.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • ForceGhost, DreeBott
no way to save it, i don't think theres much you can do tbh. it has to die at some point like all communities
(12-08-2016, 07:55 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: no way to save it, i don't think theres much you can do tbh. it has to die at some point like all communities

True say.

Fearless will have it's deadline at some point, it's like that old dell computer your school still uses which chugs along but won't stop till it's been kicked in too many times.
Kind Regards Chocolate Labrador

The following 2 users Like Labrador's post:
  • Zecon, Agorith
(12-08-2016, 07:08 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 06:53 PM)Midget Wrote: Well, here's my two cents

All due respect, why would it make sense to eliminate the more popular server? That would likely cause more harm than good because regular V4B players could get pissed off about the decision and leave.

Because I figure if Vb41 gets removed all the people who doesn't have a good enough system to run vb41 will come to v2d again because of the higher population.

I believe there's a lot of lost potential population when you have the server with the best performance empty. If there was a bigger population on v2d people who don't have a good system (Which is a lot) could also join in and play with people, and not alone.
That way you aren't splitting up the playerbase to people who have/don't have decent enough systems.

Also, new people who join v4b1 and notices the bad framerate will probably be a lot more likely to leave than on v2d, where the performance is substantially better.

It might be a more sustainable solution. Where a few people will leave in the beginning but the server population will increase in the long-term.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Eclipze, ForceGhost
I agree with Midget on this one.

Back in 2012 with V2D and V33, V2D was by far the most popular despite having the subjectively worst map layout. The only reason I can think of is because of the popularity of it as well as the performance benefit of it over V33.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes ForceGhost's post:
  • Haarek
I don't think if we switched the map to v2d then we will magically get new players on the server over night. I think there is a good chance that new players would likely stay longer because of the better map performance.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Haarek