How to make Fearless great again
Thumbs Up 
[Image: FL_template_2.png]

Our playerbase has been decreasing for a while now. Back in the days, at Fearless' most successful days, we've had 150 players on two servers, a filled up Build server and a queue which could take 30 minutes to even join the server. Nowadays we're happy to have 75 players on V4B1. This is caused by several factors including the interest of Gmod in general, more competition, less development, and a few more. I've made this thread to address problems, to share your ideas with me, and to make Fearless more entertaining for more people.

Graph interest on Garry's Mod based on Google below. Note the rapid decrease of interest at the last part of the graph, near 2014.
[Image: 53f488082d.png]

This is an activity graph of our website, which gives an impression of the popularity of Fearless. It's not as dramatic as Google's one, but it's also decreasing slowy.
[Image: 204aaece3c.png]

This does make sense, as Garry's Mod is getting an old game and the mainstream gamers are playing the latest games.

I would like to ask the members of Fearless about their ideas to increase the popularity of the server. A few things I do already know that needs to be improved to get more interest:
  • More development. We're going to give this a massive boost and it will be done soon, at the start of 2017 I do want at least 3 more active developers working together as a team. Applications on the former announcement thread will be re-looked at.
  • More staff members. With the recent resignations the gaps needs to be filled. The most important thing, apart from development, is the game itself being minge-free.
  • More advertisement. Non-Gmod players will be hard to reach, as they would first have to buy the game, then get to know all about it and then join CityRP. So advertising in the Gmod playerbase is an option.

Please write your ideas below. It doesn't matter how crazy they might sound. I need your ideas to ensure our community are enjoyed by roleplayers for a long time to come. 

Make sure your reply is constructive and informative. Criticism on the staff team or myself is allowed, however try not to mention names. I want a useful thread, not an endless flame war.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
I definitely agree with you're ideas.  However, in terms of more active staff, I think attempting to recruit more non-European staff would allow fearless you appeal to people who come on at later times.

Staff:
  • Also, and i know this may be harsh, but the activity of quite a few of the current staff team is actually appalling. I know people have things going on out of FL, but i think that if staff members, [mods, admins AND superadmins] are to be inactive for weeks / months on end, it should be right thing to resign and open the slot to an active experienced person. To be quite honest, i think the only way to fix the staff issue is to get rid of inactive staff, and replace them. [It may sound harsh but its the truth]
  • I also think that superadmins should hold all of the permissions necessary to do things in you're place (soul) as it is well known you are not on as much as sometimes needed. [This may be bullshit, but it's what I think]
           ^^^ - From what I've seen and heard, avgar is the only superadmin with actual abilities for things such as implementing updates, and other things.

Development:
  • In terms of development, I think that if you manage to obtain more developers, there could be set dates in which they should aim to release new content. For example maybe every one / two months ? 
  • Also, i personally think that the forums should be updates. Not massively, just in terms of design, I'm not 100% sure how this would be done but the forums is getting to be quite bare and to be honest, quite shit to look at. And considering the forums is a big factor in FL 'advertising', i think it should look appealing.
Personal Ideas:
  • I know this is a regular and bitchy thing that's suggested, but an upgrade of the servers if possible, simply due to the fact that the server seems not to be able to cope too well with a full server and a few dupes been placed down.
  • I'm adding this idea that awestruck has stated, in terms of YOU [soulripper] trying to be more active and trying to engage more with the community as then it gives the community a sense that it is not just slowly dying and that you are actually here to help enhance, develop and make the community better instead of been inactive 24/7. Even posts like this are good to show you are still here and care about the community.
  • Frankly, its time to "pull your fingers out" and get something done, simple as that.
ALSO: Honestly, i think that false hope is a MASSIVE factor in FL, as Random has stated that people constantly say things are going to "get done" and then months later, nothing is done and as bad as this may sound, its pathetic. It's time to learn that for this community to get back to how it was, you NEED to make changes and stop giving false hope to the players as it then just makes them feel like shit and honestly makes the community even worse to be in.

I know some of this may seem harsh, but it needs to be said.

Just my thoughts.

The following 13 users Like Danny Boy's post:
  • Random, SoulRipper, Feffe, Balls, Coffee, trxsh, Panda, dawson270500, Holdem, Ratatoskrr, Link, Grant, Vsync
Like this thread, I feel that you should engage more with the Community. This thread is a great example, and for that I am grateful. I think we are all grateful.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 9 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Divey, Ghost, SoulRipper, Broccoli, Old Man Jokhah, trxsh, Hitman, Mist, Grizzly
Good to see change is going to be made.. I feared there would be no change anytime soon, I was wrong (Thank god).--- My opinions are downbelow.

(12-06-2016, 11:53 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
  • More development. We're going to give this a massive boost and it will be done soon, at the start of 2017 I do want at least 3 more active developers working together as a team. Applications on the former announcement thread will be re-looked at.
This is the main problem, in my opinion. Lack of content being brought to the table. Now in the ''Looking for developers thread'' it was said that ''This week the team will discuss which candidates might be a good choice, and those people will be contacted by PM.'' That's almost 2 months ago.

• More staff members. With the recent resignations the gaps needs to be filled. The most important thing, apart from development, is the game itself being minge-free.
I think the current staff team numbers are good, however the activity from certain members could have been better.

• More advertisement. Non-Gmod players will be hard to reach, as they would first have to buy the game, then get to know all about it and then join CityRP. So advertising in the Gmod playerbase is an option.
This is a great idea. However, like you said it would be hard to reach out to people who do not play Gmod. Then again, Gmod is not the most expensive game in the world.

Some of the stuff I said may be harsh to some extent. But it's my opinion, and from my point of view..

Please do not let this be a false hype moment, yet again.. I love FL, and I love the community, I only want the better for Fearless.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 3 users Like Random's post:
  • Ghost, SoulRipper, dawson270500
Okay I have some words to say I do not remember all of them currently but one by one remembering them I will try to edit to this post.

1) I would suggest you guys to more focus on suggestion threads.
Lets take a closer look.
Approved Suggestions : 3 pages , this thread is from 2013 still not done (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=38762) I did not take a look to all of them to spot the oldest one
Suggestions pending to get approved or denied : 20 pages
Now I'm aware of lack developments but still I don't think that this is an execuse.

2)Some people will disagree with me but why v2d is even online ?
I don't think that map meet our expectations. Well maybe in past but not currently.
Maybe a map change ?

3)When you mentioned about advertisement the first idea that come to mind is that a popular youtuber or a streamer showing how fun to play on Fearless Server.

4)More content and also much more motivation for older and newer players.Which will prevent most of the leavers of this community.
Me and my friend xDeadshotx take a long break from the game there are 2 reason behind that first one is real life problems not that much impact but still the second one has much more impact which is that we were not having fun anymore. Raid - Aggressive RP - Kill Entire Police Force - Raid - Raid - Raid
We beat other powerful Aggresive Rp players and then done.
That is it.. But when we were talking about the first time we started to this server that was the magical moment for us.
We were exicited , we were afraid of the raiders we were learning new things like building , rules or commands. 
We tried passive rp but since we had some language barrier we couldn't able to enjoy it..
Not that easy and fun to do this for us.
( An example from Awes post)

Quote:* AwestruckBullet lifts right leg
* AwestruckBullet moves it forward a bit
* AwestruckBullet places it down again

* AwestruckBullet lifts left leg
* AwestruckBullet moves it forward a bit
* AwestruckBullet places it down again

* AwestruckBullet continues to do this forty more times.

5)That is kinda it I will try to edit this post If I remember something to write.
Some parts don't make sense I know but I tried to share my thoughts.
I hope we will bypass this disaster.
The following 2 users Like [FL:RP]Zedd's post:
  • SoulRipper, Vsync
After re-joining Fearless Role-play again after at least 1,5 years, I immediately noticed
the lack of players and the liveliness of the server. The server I have come to know and love
was slowly dying. 

After playing for quite a while, I felt like almost nothing had changed in my absence.
Everything stayed the same, nothing new or interesting has been added that could potentially
improve the role play experience on the server, and I felt like one important person was missing throughout
my play-time on the server.

That person was you, SoulRipper. I can remember when you were much more active on the server, engaging in fun roleplay, 
and just being part of the community. It might sound odd, but it feels very different role-playing knowing that
the founder of the server is on. It gives the feeling the founder actually cares what happens to his server.

Personally, I think our main focus must be at developing more interesting content, 
you being more engaged with the community, and advertising the server within and out Garry's mod.
Personally I feel like these are the only remarks that will truly make fearlessRP great again.
The following 1 user Likes Neversleepy!'s post:
  • SoulRipper
How to make fearless great again....

#Enzo4Admin
(12-07-2016, 12:55 AM)Enzo Amore Wrote: How to make fearless great again....

#Enzo4Admin

You arent funny
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 9 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • Awestruck, Envy, NJperry, Broccoli, Arkten, Panda, Blade, Feffe, dawson270500
My Opinions-

Parts I Don't Agree with-
Danny Boy "I think attempting to recruit more non-European staff would allow fearless you appeal to people who come on at later times. ". This is a good idea but look now v4b1 Currently only has 2 Players online. I think the majority of the player base are EU. Non EU Admins would have nothing to do. I think this should be considered until the server grows again and goes back into its old state. EDIT: Its currently 02:48 AM GMT and There is 0 Players on Each Server and 6 Active users on the forums.

Staff Team-
I've only just started playing the FL Servers again since 3 weeks ago (Been gone for a few months), But in those 3 weeks. I play around 10 hours+ a day and I'm not naming names but I haven't seen a certain few staff on at all or you might see them 1 or 2 times.
You see a handful of people complaining that staff are ignoring requests or taking too long. There seems to be a lack in commitment and keeping the server clean from minges and rule breakers.
Sorry if this comes off harsh but I think more consideration should be done in who to pick as staff, A Trial Mod rank (I know DarkRP uses this) but the method seems to work well, Maybe even collect feedback from other staff and players on how he/she did and how they handled situations etc etc. I feel bad on some staff because they put in more work than they get rewarded for. 

Gmod-
To be fair Garry's Mod does seem to be dying out and SantosRP seems to be attracting a lot of players only due to big youtubers making videos on the servers. 

Fearless-
There seems to be no more fun in PassiveRPing and less PassiveRP's, I am not sure if this is just me. The v2d Server should not be online no more, The map is old and no fun. I think a vote for a new map should start.

Suggestions are not being completed, More Developers are needed.

More stuff needs to be added to make Fearless more and more Unique for example, The Act Lists. They was a great unique addition, More stuff like this needs to be pumped into Fearless. Not saying fill the market with a load of new additions because then that just overcrowds it and makes it confusing. Take out old unused weps and add in more interesting ones. Swap unused cars for newer cars. Add more things for the BMD etc etc.

Jobs are a big thing that needs improving - Nexus Desk Secretary is Useless - BMD has hardly anything to do etc. There is a whole thread about the jobs.

Player Feedback is crucial. We are The ones who come back. We are the player base. Without us there is nothing.
Polls, Discussions.

I will be editing my post when I can think of anything else.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Spear, SoulRipper
Perm Blackdog
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 2 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • Fultz, Jan