Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp
Dear Community Member,

Of all the rules ever created, fail rp is the dumbest.  Fail RP is defined as : 2.5 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). This includes things such as anti-gravity bathtubs, unrealistic car colors, watermelon fights, etc. when there is no specific roleplay in which they would make sense (i.e. game shows or science roleplays).  While it starts of with one good example of not to make flying bathtubs, it falls flat on it's face at watermelon fights.  Though watermelon fights aren't very logical, they are still a potential in real life.  Unrealistic car colors used to be deemed as any color that changed more than the body color of the vehicle (I.E. Tires, glass, interior), but with car color being in the hands of the player, I don't even know how enforceable this one is anymore.

People have been banned under fail rp for: Roleplaying as things other than their playermodel, repeatedly and exclusively saying John Madden, dancing on cars, dancing in the street, sleeping in odd places or on objects, yolo swag, people who randomly hit windows, stepping on ragdolls, people who acted in a fashion that wasn't appreciated by others.......

If you haven't sorted it out, fail rp is an opinion.  Floating bathtubs are prop abuse.  How many times have you been somewhere, witnessed a full stupid person, watched them do things you would never have expected a normalish by your own standards person to do, and wanted to or actually went and beat the crap out of them.  How many times have you seen stupid people, yelling stupid crap, out of their crap car?  How many times have you seen people decide to lay in the street or somewhere they weren't socially supposed to?  I'm sure you've experienced some of these things.

Now, how many gunfights in civilian areas, dictators making laws like you can't run or that hats were illegal, seen a money printer in someone's home, people walking all over a police crime scene telling them they are stupid, to eff themselves?  Not nearly as likely, yet people here accept this as okay behavior, and the former as fail rp.

Simply put, fail rp is a bullshit rule, that is only in place so that there is an excuse to ban you, should normal rules not prove able to do so.  I've seen people who weren't homeless, sleeping in the middle of the road, hoping to get run over because they were high on drugs.  If you did that on the server, you'd be banned for fail rp.  Since the concept of this gamemode is to simulate real life, in a tasteful fashion, the annoying, but non-harmful behavior should be treated as an in game, rp issue, for police to deal with, not admins with ban hammers.  Hard truth, stupid people exist and do a lot of the things considered to be fail rp, yet the logic for every excuse around here is, it happens in real life, once every 2093849 years, but it happened, so we can go all GTA, but you can't walk down the street repeatedly saying "Matt Damon" because THAT is fail rp?

Seriously......

Sincerely,
Old Man Jokhah
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • sebasti161, Joulle, Balls
FailRP has always been the biggest bullshit ever layed upon the rulebook.
FailRP has been used for an IMMENSE amount of things, that in the end were nowhere near being unrealistic but only convenient reasons to wip the banhammer out of our zippers.

There's not much else to say about it really, I could list an enormous amount of reasons here that I've had to ban for with reason ''FailRP'' because it was what I was used to and simply had learned trough my years of experience on Fearless.
I had thought about it more than a couple of times but just never bothered to even mention it because I thought of it of the way we handle things here.
Quite the turning a blind eye attitude I had.
I was staff too. I know exactly why the loophole exists. However, the loophole needs to be closed. After a lot of reflection on the thought of fail rp, it became obvious that it was in fact an opinion. Thankfully all of my bans were removed during the purge, so no one continues to be under thumb.
Also, the purpose of this thread is not to attempt a rule change, but to increase community awareness to the issue. If enough of you agree, one of yall will eventually step up and make the suggestion. I'm just showing you the door.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • sebasti161
I do agree with your words but the thing I'm wondering is what you will suggest to prevent this issue ?
The following 1 user Likes [FL:RP]Zedd's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
The most recent ban which involves Failrp is "FailRP, stealing vehicle as citizen on main street, Breaking FearRP" what do you think of this one?
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
There is a certain moderator *cough* who enjoys banning people. Especially for rules in which they break too

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
By your logic, anyone could grab a gun and RDM the entire server, as it happens in real life and would not count as FailRP.

I do agree to some extend that some cases might have been handled by the cops instead. But seing how they usually are a part of the minge fest that happens on the server from time to time, you don't hear anyone else complaining about how FailRP is a bullshit rule when we, the staff, deal with the ones FailRPing.

Would be fun to remove the FailRP rule from the server for a few days, to see how that would go. After a day or two, I can guarantee you that no such thread would ever be posted again regarding removing the FailRP rule.
The following 3 users Like Feffe's post:
  • ryan!, Old Man Jokhah, Holdem
(11-24-2016, 09:03 PM)Feffe Wrote: By your logic, anyone could grab a gun and RDM the entire server, as it happens in real life and would not count as FailRP.

Well, this is considered RDM and ExtremistRP, which you need an admins permission for.
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Random
(11-24-2016, 09:03 PM)Feffe Wrote: By your logic, anyone could grab a gun and RDM the entire server, as it happens in real life and would not count as FailRP.

I do agree to some extend that some cases might have been handled by the cops instead. But seing how they usually are a part of the minge fest that happens on the server from time to time, you don't hear anyone else complaining about how FailRP is a bullshit rule when we, the staff, deal with the ones FailRPing.

Would be fun to remove the FailRP rule from the server for a few days, to see how that would go. After a day or two, I can guarantee you that no such thread would ever be posted again regarding removing the FailRP rule.

He's not saying it should be removed rather than tweaked alot.