[Unofficial][pas] The Informant
The Informant

[Image: LoGhQJg.png]

[Image: sHbuoJh.png]

The Informant has historic roots throughout English history dating back to the early 1800's. Originally founded September 31st 1837 at the start of the Victorian era in what is now known as the county of Leicestershire, England. A veteran Officer of the sixth Xhosa war of 1836, Arthur Canterbury, Returned home injured to a large inheritance from his terminally ill father which he used to publish his accounts of the war. After a rather successful return on his book he made the decision to publish exploits of his comrades with equal success, inspiring him to spread up-to-date information of the war thus creating the original version of The Informant, known then as African Aggression, due to the location of the Xhosa war.
   Fast-forward 100 years to 1940 at the beginning of world war II, now known as The Insider It was thriving at what it does best by updating British citizens of the current situation of the war as well as general information about their city and what's going on. It was now a full newspaper with government backing to keep the citizens happy and retain some form of normality, despite now being heavily censored with propaganda. At the end of war the company head office was bombed and the Owner, Harold Canterbury, could not afford the cost to repair the building or to compensate families for those that were lost and took up gambling to attempt to solve the debt. Losing the company name to an individual gambler and entrepreneur who goes by the name of William Danvers in 1947.
   The Insider now belonging to the Danvers family, Williams first step was to sell off the plot of land that the rubble sat on and to start fresh in EvoCity, an up and coming city with new beginnings and ripe with opportunity, with a brand new newspaper company under the name of The Informant. Starting small he bought a tucked way storefront, three typewriters and a printer, employing both his son and adopted niece to write while he looked for the scoop and worked the printer. This is where the The Informant would stay until the present day where it was passed down to Liam Danvers who sold the old storefront and carried on The Informant as a non-profit online news article.

The Informant is a Passive Role-play clan that will produce a weekly online newspaper providing quality journalism on major/minor events that occur within Fearless during the week, which will be achieved through its members conducting IC interviews with players characters and investigating events/occurrences while out and about on the servers. If anything interesting is discovered notes will be taken and passed up to an editor to include/exclude the story as per their discretion. It will provide a different Role-Play experience, a good foothold for newcomers to start passive role-playing, a raised interest in the pattern of life on the servers and can inform you of decent role-plays that go unnoticed. It is not, however, a clan that requires your full dedication to it and we allow you to be part of more than just The Informant as it does not get involved in group raids, contraband, or large-scale role-plays. On occasion it may conduct a "television broadcast" RP in a prop studio or a live news report RP if external role-plays allow it I.E: parades, terrorist attack/zombie virus events, ongoing large scale raids/riots etc. To that end The Informant does not demand you take part as these events can be reported on in the weekly online newspaper threads.

[Image: EkmQCRc.png]

The Informant is a professional, passive clan and as such we ask that you do not:
  • Perform aggressive role-plays while playing as a journalist. Examples of these are: Taking part in raids, criminal activities, collecting contraband etc. During your own time you can take part in these at your own free will so long as they are within the rules of FL as a whole, just not while operating as an Informant journalist/editor/reporter etc.
  • Act professionally at all times when conducting interviews and reporting for The Informant.
  • Have a friendly and fun attitude towards other members of The Informant, any problems/issues with other members are to be taken to private messages either in game, on the forums or on steam.
  • Abide by all of the above as well as all of FLs standard rules set by the administration.

[Image: T3wSJOe.png]

[Image: WMB0hiR.png]

Head Editor (1): danvers8642

[Image: KXH9MXW.png]

Editor (4):

[Image: A5ZSewj.png]

Designer (2): Balls

[Image: A5ZSewj.png]

Journalist/Photographer (12):

[Image: NImmaSW.png]

Head Editor: The head editor has the ultimate say in the final product of the published weekly newspaper and decides what will and won't go in. He will have regular meetings with editors to view what they have written and will publish the newspaper with personal modifications to the stories as and where he seems fit.

Editor: The editors job is to write out a rough draft of the newspaper with the information that they have gathered from journalists or their own individual research and investigations while on their day to day lives.

Journalist/Photographer: The journalist/Photographer is the backbone of The Informant, providing much needed ground work to the editors in order for the news as a whole to be published. They are tasked with scouring EvoCity looking for any current info that they deem relevant or interesting to publish as news. Obtaining first hand accounts of what happened through pictures, interviews and statements.

*DISCLAIMER*: All positions have the ability and are encouraged to do their own news reporting as to maximise member involvement in the final product and to reduce boredom when conducting journalist role-pay.

[Image: s6jnRBL.png]

Copy and past the below application and then post it as a reply within this thread (some answers are found within the description section):

IC:
Name:
D.O.B:
Position you are applying for:
Previous Experience (If any):
What interests you most about this company?:
Why do you deserve to be employed?:
When was the original Informant founded?:
Which county was the birthplace of The Informant?:
What was the original name of The Informant?:
What was the informants name during WWII?:

OOC:
Steam Name:
Steam ID:
Hours (Does not affect application):
RP Points (Does not affect application):
What interests YOU about this clan?:

Applications will be reviewed and replied to within the week due to me being busy with work. Once more members join and are put into higher positions this will be reduced as the workload will be spread, thank you. - danvers8642

[Image: LoGhQJg.png]
The following 2 users Like Pandalorian's post:
  • DreeBott, Bobby
Pictures will be added when applicable and colours will be tweaked when I'm less tired ^.^
If you're going to get some graphics from the clan, i suggest using these (click here).

I like the idea of the clan, very unique, interesting background, i wish you the best of luck with this clan, good luck!
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
Looks really good!
Good luck
Nice,look forward to seein how it goes!
Seems like an interesting idea, good luck with it
The first news paper will be published as of sunday next week in the roleplay segment which is where they'll go each week.
IC:
Name: Luis Carter
D.O.B: ??
Position you are applying for: Designer
Previous Experience (If any): Designing for several companies.
What interests you most about this company?: It looks chill
Why do you deserve to be employed?: Because I am able to make your newspaper look 10x better. I will be able to design the whole news page, and probably make it look like an actual newspaper etc.
When was the original Informant founded?: ??
Which county was the birthplace of The Informant?: ??
What was the original name of The Informant?: ??
What was the informants name during WWII?: ??

OOC:
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Balls
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46942102
Hours (Does not affect application): 2560
RP Points (Does not affect application): 28
What interests YOU about this clan?: Sounds cool.
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
(11-04-2016, 04:39 PM)Balls Wrote: IC:
Name: Luis Carter
D.O.B: ??
Position you are applying for: Designer
Previous Experience (If any): Designing for several companies.
What interests you most about this company?: It looks chill
Why do you deserve to be employed?: Because I am able to make your newspaper look 10x better. I will be able to design the whole news page, and probably make it look like an actual newspaper etc.
When was the original Informant founded?: ??
Which county was the birthplace of The Informant?: ??
What was the original name of The Informant?: ??
What was the informants name during WWII?: ??

OOC:
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Balls
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46942102
Hours (Does not affect application): 2560
RP Points (Does not affect application): 28
What interests YOU about this clan?: Sounds cool.
Application reviewed and accepted. We look forward to working with you.
First newspaper is coming and the clan is still active but due to my business at work I'll be unable to make the first edition until next week.