Basic FL Signature Tutorial w/ Template
Basic Fearless Signature Tutorial 

So there hasn’t been a Signature Tutorial in a while and this is something that interests me so I thought why not. This is just a basic tutorial, I clear it up at the end that if people want to see more advanced tutorials just ask Smile Hope this helps 
Disclaimer: This Is a Photoshop Tutorial but you can try to copy in GIMP or other programs however my Template is a psd file (Photoshop). 

First Step is to download my Template: 

Once you have this open you should see this... 

Now for this Example, I will show you how to make a Basic Themed Signature. 

My Example will be based around a Panda. 

So What I like to do first is to start with a background that will fit the theme. So since I am using a Panda theme I might use bamboo sticks or a jungle, just something green and grassy. 

Once you have found the image go to File > Place, Then select the file. 

Once you have done that you should see something like this.... 

Now there is 2 effects I will be displaying. 

The Simple Clipping Mask FL Logo & The Shadow Effect as I call it. 

I will display both under subtitles below. 

First Effect the most basic The Simple Clipping Mask FL Logo. 

What you want to do is Position the background you chose over the FL Logo and go to:  

Layer > Create Clipping Mask (Make Sure that you have the background layer selected on the right) 

Once done it should look something like this: 

Now onto The Shadow Effect if you would like this over the above 

This does not require Clipping Mask. 

So start with lowering the Opacity of the background layer like this: 

And it should look something like this: 

Now my background image is quite small and as you can see the Width ends at the end of the FL Logo, So if yours is doing the same just use CTRL + T and expand (Make sure to Hold Shift whilst expanding for more HD Expanding) 

Once happy, select the rubber tool: 

Once Selected right click on the image and set the hardness to 0% 

And Adjust the size to the right amount for you. 

Now what you want to do is just rub out the edges around the FL Logo. 

After you have done set the opacity of the background layer back to 100% 

And see if you like the result, Here is mine: 

For the rest of the tutorial I will use The Basic Clipping Mask Tool for reasons but don’t worry if you used the Shadow effect it will still be the same. 

Now for the Image looking over the FL Logo. I will be using a Panda Image So I will google image search "Panda PNG" The PNG part is important because it should give me images with the background already cropped out. If you are trying to use an Image with a background but want a character for example cropping out that is more advanced and will come in my advanced tutorial. For Now I recommend looking at YouTube Tutorials. 

You will know if the image has no background by the Cubes in the background like the FL Logo Template. 

Notice the cubes in the background? That means the background is Transparent! 

Next Is to find a spot that you are happy with, I chose this: 

You can do this with as many images as you want. 

Now you might want to know how you make the image look like it is coming out of the FL Logo and that is no problem. 

This is how I do it. 

Zoom in on the Bottom of the FL Logo where the images legs are for example (Alt + MWheel or Use the Magnifying Glass Tool) 

Select the Polygonal Lasso Tool 

If it is not there do not panic just simply right click on the tools until you find it! 

Then you want to carefully outline the legs like the image below (Sorry for bad quality, I had to print screen then gyazo due to the lines disappearing when clicking gyazo) 

Now that is done, Simply select the rubber tool again and this time right click and set the hardness to 100% and proceed to rub out the legs (Don’t worry if the circle goes out of the lines, The rubber can only erase what is within the lines) 

Like so. 

The last part will be adding text. You kind of always want to go with a Font that fits the Sig, So I will have to find a Font that fits a panda theme. I recommend using www.dafont.com 

The font I used is called Pandastyle 

And that is it. You can style the text and match the colors and make it look all crazy and cool. 

But most of all make it how you want to make it. 

Hope this tutorial was helpful, I will try to make more of these if people request. I will most likely only make more if people want more. 

Thanks for reading <3 

-Envy 

Here is the final product: 

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Nice tut gonna admit flat out um judging it based on how long it is and the nice use of pictures to describe the steps.

I just went all ham not knowing anything the results is the my sig I'm using rn
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Envy
Nice, detailed tut man. Cheers for taking the time to make this; you've obviously put a lot of effort in. You've even taught me something that I never knew.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Envy
Thanks Guys  Cheese Heart
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
I really want to do it.Maybe to make a video please?
(09-08-2016, 04:20 PM)GreekAssassin Wrote: I really want to do it.Maybe to make a video please?

I mean I could try but above is step by step what I did.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Very cool dude
Nice tutorial
[Image: giphy.gif]
Good example
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
Thank you!

You taught me something  I never ever would've found out.. Look at the difference:

Before:

[Image: eS4XXTR.jpg]

After

[Image: aWU0j2f.png]
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Envy