Unban Request
Your name: Salt

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:26987590

Your ban ID: 73541

Banned by: [FL:M] Reebs

Reason: FailRP

Involved: Literally nobody, didn't have a chance to even start the RP.

Why we should unban you: I was about to RP a peaceful protest for people coming into the city as the president was RPing a dictator. Didn't get a chance to start the RP, just got picked up and insta-banned as "sitting in the road" is unrealistic and won't happen, even though people blocking roads to protest happens regularly... 12 hour ban for "FailRP" like really? no prior warning about it, could have literally just told me not to do it, but instead just picks me up and bans.

Here's an article from quite recent times of a Peaceful Protest where they block the road: Peaceful Protest
Hello there, Salt:

You were sitting in the middle of the road on the v2d server doing /act zen.

It was at this point I decided to pick you up and speak with you.

I informed you of your rule infraction and you immidiately countered with "it was a peaceful protest". I then replied that it was unreralistic for people to sit in the road like that, to which you started to argue with me. I took this into account, as well as the fact that you are new on the server, and decided to ban you.

Be thankful I only gave you 12 hours. The standard ban length that we hand out is 24 hours.

That being said, i will leave this case in the hands of an administrator.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
I was doing /act zen as it is the closest thing to the image that I was wanting to portray, which was a peaceful protest, if there was an emote so that I can sit with my hands in the air then I would have done that, as I said at the time.

"Pick you up and speak with you" - You picked me up and told me I was getting banned without asking any questions or letting me talk. I didn't really 'argue' with you, you told me I was being banned for FailRP and that it was completely unrealistic and wouldn't ever happen in real life, to which I responded telling you it does happen in real life and even offered to share the links with you, which I did in the unban thread.

And I wouldn't really call 55 hours "new" to the server, although it isn't as long as a lot of others, it still isn't new. If anything you should be lighter on "new" members anyway, rather than just banning them on the spot instead of giving a second chance to do other RP, if you ban new members for FailRP I'm sure the community would stop growing. All new members have to learn how to RP properly, you don't just join and instantly become an RP expert.

You decided to ban me without seeing the RP I was going to do, and without listening to what I was telling you. If you don't like the pose I'm doing for the RP tell me, its a quick fix instead of banning, if you're having a bad day take it out outside of the game instead of hopping into a server and making someones night shitty. Really unprofessional.
(09-02-2016, 09:07 PM)TerribleName Wrote: I was doing /act zen as it is the closest thing to the image that I was wanting to portray, which was a peaceful protest, if there was an emote so that I can sit with my hands in the air then I would have done that, as I said at the time.

"Pick you up and speak with you" - You picked me up and told me I was getting banned without asking any questions or letting me talk. I didn't really 'argue' with you, you told me I was being banned for FailRP and that it was completely unrealistic and wouldn't ever happen in real life, to which I responded telling you it does happen in real life and even offered to share the links with you, which I did in the unban thread.

May I remind you that lhying in the courthouse is bannable? I picked you up and tried to speak with you, informing you that you were FailRPing, to which you started to argue with me and claim that it was a peaceful protest. You sat in the middle of the road doing /act zen, which is unrealistic. You don't see people sitting in the middle of the road like that in real life. 

And I wouldn't really call 55 hours "new" to the server, although it isn't as long as a lot of others, it still isn't new. If anything you should be lighter on "new" members anyway, rather than just banning them on the spot instead of giving a second chance to do other RP, if you ban new members for FailRP I'm sure the community would stop growing. All new members have to learn how to RP properly, you don't just join and instantly become an RP expert.

I used the term "new" very lightly. Like you said, it isnt as long as most others which is what I was trying to convey. Because of this, I gave you a lighter punishment. As I previously stated, the standard ban length is 24 hours. I decided to give you 12.

You decided to ban me without seeing the RP I was going to do, and without listening to what I was telling you. If you don't like the pose I'm doing for the RP tell me, its a quick fix instead of banning, if you're having a bad day take it out outside of the game instead of hopping into a server and making someones night shitty. Really unprofessional.

I'm actually having a very good day, thanks for your concern. You're calling me unprofessional without being held to the standards that we, as staff are held to. I dealt with that situation as professionally as any other Staff Member would have, because they would have taken the same action that I did. You sat in the road doing something extremely unrealistic and decided to argue with me when I confronted you, which was a deciding factor in your ban.

My replies are in bold. Not going to post anymore unless requested by an administrator.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

https://gyazo.com/105a546161ae7e0deeef5b2eaf89bd0d 'Unrealistic'
May I remind you that lying in the courthouse is bannable? I picked you up and tried to speak with you, informing you that you were FailRPing, to which you started to argue with me and claim that it was a peaceful protest. You sat in the middle of the road doing /act zen, which is unrealistic. You don't see people sitting in the middle of the road like that in real life. 

This isn't a lie at all, there's multiple people that were on the server next to me at the time that could back me up on it, I didn't argue with you at all, I simply gave you the reasons for what I was doing in reply to you.

I used the term "new" very lightly. Like you said, it isnt as long as most others which is what I was trying to convey. Because of this, I gave you a lighter punishment. As I previously stated, the standard ban length is 24 hours. I decided to give you 12.

So if what I did is not enough for a 24 hour ban then why ban at all? Why not try to resolve it on the server there and then?

I'm actually having a very good day, thanks for your concern. You're calling me unprofessional without being held to the standards that we, as staff are held to. I dealt with that situation as professionally as any other Staff Member would have teken the same action that I did as well. You sat in the road doing something extremely unrealistic and decided to argue with me when I confronted you, which was a deciding factor in your ban.

As I have kept saying, it isn't unrealistic at all, I linked a news article which shows where this happened in real life. You told me I was being banned before I had even spoken, so there is no way me "arguing" was a deciding factor, so as you said "lying in the courthouse is bannable".

> My replies are in bold.
(09-02-2016, 09:29 PM)TerribleName Wrote: -SNIP-

In what way am I lying?

When I brought you up to the roof and informed you of your rule breakage, you claimed it was a peaceful protest, to which I replied with something along the lines of "You're sitting in the middle of the road doing /act zen. Last I checked, that doesn't happen in real life, even during peaceful protests" and you began to try to defend yourself by repeatedly saying things about peaceful protests, at which point I notified you that you would be receiving a 12-hour ban. You suddenly started saying that a 12-hour ban was "too harsh" and continued to complain about the ban.

And to top it off, you sent your friend to try to speak with me about it further, at which point I told him that you are welcome to post this thread if you want to discuss it further.

Now, let the administrator decide the outcome of the UBR.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

You're lying by saying that me arguing was a factor in the ban, you told me that I was being banned for FailRP before I said a thing.

And no, you brought me up and told me that I was breaking a rule by FailRPing and that I would be banned for 12 hours. I didn't say it was too harsh at all, and I complained about the ban once, when I told you that this happens in real life and told you I would link it to you.

And I didn't send my friend at all, my friend was in the server when I was banned and talked to you on his own accord.
(09-02-2016, 09:50 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 09:29 PM)TerribleName Wrote: -SNIP-

In what way am I lying?

When I brought you up to the roof and informed you of your rule breakage, you claimed it was a peaceful protest, to which I replied with something along the lines of "You're sitting in the middle of the road doing /act zen. Last I checked, that doesn't happen in real life, even during peaceful protests" and you began to try to defend yourself by repeatedly saying things about peaceful protests, at which point I notified you that you would be receiving a 12-hour ban. You suddenly started saying that a 12-hour ban was "too harsh" and continued to complain about the ban.

And to top it off, you sent your friend to try to speak with me about it further, at which point I told him that you are welcome to post this thread if you want to discuss it further.

Now, let the administrator decide the outcome of the UBR.

I am said friend who spoke to you about the ban, I spoke to you on my own accord, I was unaware that anything happened until literally 2 seconds before you banned him, you hardly gave him time to fully explain himself and his RP reasons, as clearly shown in the article he has linked before, you can CLEARLY see a woman sitting in the road protesting HOW IS THAT UNREALISTIC? We joined the server and were playing for about a few minutes before he was taken to a roof and you issued a ban upon him, I noticed him up there literally moments before his ban, he barely had a chance to speak and you just issued a ban. Maybe take some time to listen to someone and then after they give their reasoning, decide on whether that is a decent enough reason.
I've discussed the ban with Reebs and have reached a verdict.
Your UBR will be approved due to it only being minor failRP if even that, it is a bit questionable in the end and it's only worth a slap on the wrist and tell you not to do so anymore.

Approved.