Discussion - Swat Van
If you jump
In the back you can quite easily place someone under FearRP.

The rest of it is sold steel casings and there isn't any vulnerabilities in the van, thus you can't be under FearRP giving there is nothing to fear lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Awestruck
Marty made this thread cuz of my friends ban, george.We done a bank heist and srus gave us a swat van to leave.After that a cop closed the road with frozen props so we had to go from the other way.while we were doing it, 10 cops surrund us and after that my friend was banned for breaking fearRP by Ghost
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=74383
Link to the case

Looks like some new staff dont know the rules...The UBR was denied
(08-22-2016, 07:38 PM)Marty Wrote: If you jump
In the back you can quite easily place someone under FearRP.

The rest of it is sold steel casings and there isn't any vulnerabilities in the van, thus you can't be under FearRP giving there is nothing to fear lol.

Yes but with the situation I presented to you there's no way to get in there though.
This is a recurring problem that keeps coming back. Lack of clarity for situations like this means that the staff member dealing with the situation at the time has to make a decision about whether or not this/that thing is allowed. Letting staff make their own decisions on the matter is great and all but when it comes to the repercussions such as when the banned user makes an UBR, you end up with a discussion between multiple staff members (that is often dragged over several days) about whether or not a rule was actually broken in the first place. Adding more clarification in the rules page to things such as the SWAT van will make things so much smoother for staff and players.

This is also comes into another issue that is, the unwritten rules. I'll give an example. About a month ago I got banned for powergaming (stay with me here). At the time, I believed what I was doing wasn't against any rules because I had heard that there were unwritten rules allowing me to do what I was doing. Low and behold, the next day I am banned for powergaming. If the rules about the situation had been made more clear, I would have never got that ban in the first place and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who feel the same.

The point is this:
The lack of clarification of the unwritten rules led to me getting banned.
The lack of clarification between SA's on rules such as this, will lead to many more un-necessary bans.

All you have to do is write a few lines of text in the rules page, make sure it's not contradicting any other rules and shit like this will drop by 90%

Captain Barry

Part-time ranter
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
The following 1 user Likes Captain Barry's post:
  • Greed^
(08-22-2016, 07:06 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The SWAT van is OP. And, it is realistic for you not to be affected by FearRP when in one. In my eyes, FearRP only applies when you hop in the back and point at them through the railings. Admins putting up props would be abuse.

Why do you think the Swat Van needs 5 RPP's?
Because it's op.
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • Marty
Go ask the question on the question thread Snowredwolf made.
I remember it wasn't FearRP before.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
CBA it doesn't really concern me that much, Snowred has read this subject, he could quite easily give an input here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-22-2016, 07:36 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 07:31 PM)Marty Wrote: It's really fucked up that staff can't decide on solid rules.

Do we seriously need to ask a freaking SA opinion on every bloody aspect of this game.

Guess what they SA's leave and new ones come in and that shit changes again.

When it comes down to rules we actually do have to discuss it all with SA's, so when SA's leave I guess after a while when the question pops up again we'd have to discuss it again I suppose if the new SA disagrees with our previous ruling on the question.
You're not wrong there.

No you would go from the thread Snowredwolf made. Those answers are already discussed within the the team so they would be final verdict.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Marty
Dude i got banned for it but i saw lot of admins doing the same thing is this fair i have seen Generation doing the same thing
Literally the WHOLE SRU and police force were surrounding the truck guns out and the driver continued to try to ram the out of the way lol