Discussion - Swat Van
So apparently now when in a SWAT Van you have to abide by FearRP ?

Since when has this been the case ?

(08-22-2016, 05:05 PM)Ghost Wrote: Hello,
You you were sat in the swat van with all the police and SRU surrounding you. They told you to get out several times and you ignored them and attempted to ram your way out. You CDM'd someone while doing so, that's when i stepped in. 

FearRP has always applied in a swat truck as people have been punished for doing the same in the past.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Holy shit I was literally just writing this exact thread up..

Imo the SWAT van should be completely immune to FearRP because it's completely bulletproof, why tf would anyone get out of a bulletproof van because someone has a gun to it??
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • DreeBott
SWAT van has always been classed as not under FEARRP unless you are in the back pointing at the drivers head.

EVEN AT THAT....many admins put a prop up in there.
(08-22-2016, 07:00 PM)Marty Wrote: SWAT van has always been classed as not under FEARRP unless you are in the back pointing at the drivers head.

EVEN AT THAT....many admins put a prop up in there.

Strange, even when I was staff I'd still follow FearRP in this van as stupid as it sounds.

But that makes sense, if they get in the back to get sights on you then fair enough FearRP should definitely apply.
Shouldn't apply unless there's a person in the back.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The SWAT van is OP. And, it is realistic for you not to be affected by FearRP when in one. In my eyes, FearRP only applies when you hop in the back and point at them through the railings. Admins putting up props would be abuse.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
(08-22-2016, 07:06 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The SWAT van is OP. And, it is realistic for you not to be affected by FearRP when in one. In my eyes, FearRP only applies when you hop in the back and point at them through the railings. Admins putting up props would be abuse.

Staff members have been known to weld props, steel doors etc at the bars so you aren't under FearRP. Fuck they've even done it for other people.
Pretty sure FearRP applied to the swat van from release, though it is kinda silly
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
It's really fucked up that staff can't decide on solid rules.

Do we seriously need to ask a fucking SA opinion on every bloody aspect of this game.

Guess what they SA's leave and new ones come in and that shit changes again.

We'd be better off getting Soul's input on everything, knowing he generally doesn't give one it would be about as useful.

The van is bulletproof and as Jan once put it
Jan Wrote:Its a feature not a bug
(08-22-2016, 07:31 PM)Marty Wrote: It's really fucked up that staff can't decide on solid rules.

Do we seriously need to ask a fucking SA opinion on every bloody aspect of this game.

Guess what they SA's leave and new ones come in and that shit changes again.

When it comes down to rules we actually do have to discuss it all with SA's, so when SA's leave I guess after a while when the question pops up again we'd have to discuss it again I suppose if the new SA disagrees with our previous ruling on the question.
You're not wrong there.

Myself I personally feel that the Swat Van is too OP indeed, it would make sense for it to be bulletproof therefore not have FearRP apply to it however the issue is again that the van is too OP.
I've been part of a raid before where the dictator was constantlye escaping from half the server inside a swat van with his SRU, we never managed to kill him trying EVERYTHING we could.
The van rams EVERYTHING out of its way and is bulletproof, we should find the silver lining between it in my opinion.
Suppose we could make a mores specific rule regarding the Swat Van on its own?