No Man's Sky discussion: What should change?
What do you think should be fixed or changed about the new game, No Man's Sky?
The crashing and fps problems
(08-15-2016, 11:57 AM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: The crashing and fps problems

The game runs quite decent for my laptop, between 20-40 fps is pretty good.
The only crashes I've gotten is when I did my 7th warp I think I crashed 3 times in a row then the fourth time the game runs nice.
Two things that should be fixed/changed, when alt tabbing you cant go back in the game & after playing a couple hours in a row the game goes to a 7 fps cap and requires a restart.

So far I'm enjoying the gameplay, though they should fix the creatures because I see multiple of the same creatures on different planets with different names.
I wouldn't buy this game as it's missing multiplayer, building and has very limited customization options for pretty much everything and there doesn't seem to be much of anything to do other than holding left mouse button and E to kill and farm objects and interacting with boring and generic npcs with little to nothing to offer.

In addition the UI is garbage, it's trying to look cool but ends up being impractical and unclear (also what's that 1 second delay on switching pages at the market screen).

Seems like another early access game, but with a ridiculous price tag, performance and audio issues and without the early access tag!

I say overhyped piece of garbage that doesn't stand out from its competition in any form other than it happens to have been hyped for a reason I haven't heard of.
Random generated planets, animals and plants is no excuse for awful and boring design, they made a terrible mistake.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Ranger
(08-15-2016, 07:31 PM)Joulle Wrote: I wouldn't buy this game as it's missing multiplayer, building and has very limited customization options for pretty much everything and there doesn't seem to be much of anything to do other than holding left mouse button and E to kill and farm objects and interacting with boring and generic npcs with little to nothing to offer.

In addition the UI is garbage, it's trying to look cool but ends up being impractical and unclear (also what's that 1 second delay on switching pages at the market screen).

Seems like another early access game, but with a ridiculous price tag, performance and audio issues and without the early access tag!

I say overhyped piece of garbage that doesn't stand out from its competition in any form other than it happens to have been hyped for a reason I haven't heard of.

Base building is coming in the next update, I agree it can be quite repetitive atm but I do believe that'll be fixed soon enough.
The UI and HUD can be quite annoying too I agree, I don't understand the point of a delay when transfering items/deleting items/speaking to NPC's.

(08-15-2016, 08:03 PM)Jan Wrote: Random generated planets, animals and plants is no excuse for awful and boring design, they made a terrible mistake.

Some of them look nice but they can be quite repetitive as there's almost same-looking creatures with different names. All the plants look exactly the same on each planet yet different names.
Way too overhyped and way too expensive. For an exploration game its good, but not at the current price

We must seize the memes of production!![Image: amiity_by_ratatoskrr1-dapwu5z.png]
(08-16-2016, 09:53 AM)Yogi Bear Wrote: Way too overhyped and way too expensive. For an exploration game its good, but not at the current price

if you've seen any other games that can generate a universe of stars all explorable, then please do link me there. im pretty sure this is the first game that does that
Dunno what they could change but i have some stuff they could add:

-Multiplayer with Party system, because then I would finally fucking buy it.
-Base building, I mean, just Imagine you would have a Clan, and that clan would use 1 Planted as theire fucking Base, i mean how fucking awesome would that me?
Just a Giant ass base on the Planet or a Space Station that's owned by a Clan.
Would make the game so fucking cool.

I know that would change the whole game, but when there would be a Game like that with the 2 Points I made above, I would instantly buy it.
(08-16-2016, 11:07 AM)DreeBott Wrote: Dunno what they could change but i have some stuff they could add:

-Multiplayer with Party system, because then I would finally freaking buy it.
-Base building, I mean, just Imagine you would have a Clan, and that clan would use 1 Planted as theire freaking Base, i mean how freaking awesome would that me?
Just a Giant ass base on the Planet or a Space Station that's owned by a Clan.
Would make the game so freaking cool.

I know that would change the whole game, but when there would be a Game like that with the 2 Points I made above, I would instantly buy it.

I don't believe it's confirmed wether or not multiplayer will be added anymore, but even then theres not gonna be any clan system, you'd be able to see other people if you meet them in the galaxy but thats about it. Base building is confirmed though.