Problem while joining
Question 
So I have all the content that is needed, but still my gmod freezes when I join the server on the text, downloading, and then the boat startup sound... Why does this happen?
Hey,

Make sure you have downloaded everything into the right places as well as subscribing the the material fix here. This is just to double check to make sure things are mostly up to date and you have to download the least amount of files through GMod.
  • Maps: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps"
  • FL Content: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons"
  • Subscribe to material fixes.
Regarding the freezing issue, I believe it is common for GMod to take a long time to process downloads in-game. At least it's happened to me numerous times on FL and the best bet was to just wait and let it run, without clicking on anything, tabbing out etc; especially in full-screen mode. 

If it is only this specific file causing issues despite leaving GMod to download and place the file, perhaps someone could upload this specific file for the OP to place manually, not sure if it would work mind.
Regards,
aviator