What's your favourite paradox?
The title speaks for itself
I have a few;

This is just something to make one think: 0.999... (0.9 recurring) = 1. Do you agree?

Another interesting paradox is the "Monty Hall problem" in conditional probability: 

Monty Hall problem Wrote:Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

Also, another interesting though in religion [more to do with God in general] is the Omnipotence paradox.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • Emil, Foxirius2205
Mine is the paradox where you travel back in time and kill your grandfather before he gets your dad as kid. So logically your grandfather would die just as you would then never be born.

But if you would never be born to kill your grandfather he couldnt die because you killed him, and then that means you will be born.
The following 2 users Like Zapp's post:
  • Emil, sebasti161
heard about this paradox called the chicken and the eggs
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(07-29-2016, 05:33 AM)Midget Wrote: heard about this paradox called the chicken and the eggs

Egg, eggs have been around a lot longer than chickens have
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-29-2016, 05:45 AM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 05:33 AM)Midget Wrote: heard about this paradox called the chicken and the eggs

The answer to that is easy.

The egg came first because the first chicken, biologically, came from two non-chickens. A being doesn't evolve itself and change all its DNA to evolve new traits, that happens during reproduction with small mutations and natural selection. Evolution is so slow, however, that defining the first ever chicken is nearly impossible, as the closest anyone would get to a guess is going to be in an interval of thousands of years.

So, um, yeah. Egg came first.

This paradox would only be a one if you don't believe in evolution and you think genesis is true.

The bible isn't true :0

Figure that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-29-2016, 05:45 AM)MasterNoda Wrote:
The answer to that is easy.

The egg came first because the first chicken, biologically, came from two non-chickens. A being doesn't evolve itself and change all its DNA to evolve new traits, that happens during reproduction with small mutations and natural selection. Evolution is so slow, however, that defining the first ever chicken is nearly impossible, as the closest anyone would get to a guess is going to be in an interval of thousands of years.

So, um, yeah. Egg came first.

This paradox would only be a one if you don't believe in evolution and you think genesis is true.
I approve this message
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Europa universalism iv, crusader kings 2, Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron iv. All pretty good paradox titles
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • mgdwszx, MasterNoda
(07-29-2016, 08:33 AM)Borovichok Wrote: Europa universalism iv, crusader kings 2, Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron iv. All pretty good paradox titles

im surprised that a reply like this came so late
God is not almighty.
God cannot create a stone, so heavy, he cannot life it himself.

A. If he could create such a stone, he could not lift it, losing his almightyness
B. He cannot create such a stone, losing his almightyness

100% true