Njperry50's Unblacklist Request
(07-21-2016, 12:05 PM)Hitman Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 09:51 AM)Njperry50 Wrote: What inspired you to open fire on a vehicle without knowing the occupancy?

1: The Reckless driving had caused a death of a citizen. So as to prevent any further fatalities. 
2: A Random bystander's voice was heard from the ambulance. At that point I was positive it wasn't a Paramedic.
3: To apprehend a Car thief and at that point in time, Murderer.
4: Because the driver attempted to flee the scene. You don't see many Paramedics driving off after they hit someone.

All of the above were the suspicious activities which resulted in me opening fire. Wouldn't you agree with me that anything outside the norm is suspicious? In this case, a Paramedic that completely disregards the lifes of others, Disregards the laws especially seeing as they work for the government, drives at high speed with no headlights or sirens in which that would be happening when responding to an emergency which it wasn't and trying to evade Police when pursued. I think it could be very easy for a Police officer to confuse a Paramedic with a Criminal in this case especially if they can't see who's driving.

1: The Reckless driving had caused a death of a citizen. So as to prevent any further fatalities.
  • Would be acceptable if the driver wasn't a paramedic. Report a CDMing Ambulance next time. Not that hard to find if the online staff member actually looks for it.
2: A Random bystander's voice was heard from the ambulance. At that point I was positive it wasn't a Paramedic.

• If you would have cared enough to go around to the other side of the vehicle then you would have seen the paramedic and not shot and killed him.

3: To apprehend a Car thief and at that point in time, Murderer.

• If your goal was to apprehend then you would have engaged a pursuit not shot and killed the driver.

4: Because the driver attempted to flee the scene. You don't see many Paramedics driving off after they hit someone.

• Simply fleeing the scene I'd say is borderline for killing a suspect. And as stated in the response to point 1, why not report a CDMing ambulance?
Quote:All of the above were the suspicious activities which resulted in me opening fire. Wouldn't you agree with me that anything outside the norm is suspicious? In this case, a Paramedic that completely disregards the lifes of others, Disregards the laws especially seeing as they work for the government, drives at high speed with no headlights or sirens in which that would be happening when responding to an emergency which it wasn't and trying to evade Police when pursued. I think it could be very easy for a Police officer to confuse a Paramedic with a Criminal in this case especially if they can't see who's driving.

While they may be suspicious activities I don't think any should have resulted in you opening fire on the ambulance. If you want to put it in roleplay terms, you wouldn't know if there's an injured person in the back and wouldn't want a stray bullet to land in their skull would you? A paramedic disregarding the lives of others by CDM is rule breakage. As far as breaking the law and fleeing police, one could say it's minor FailRP.

It is not easy to confuse a paramedic with a citizen when they wear specific clothing. As for not seeing the driver, as I stated you could have went to the other side of the vehicle to get a clear line of sight. As far as the voices go, if you couldn't see the person talking then you would have had to be metagaming looking down at the name of the person who is speaking.

I personally feel the blacklist issued to you is justified (although light for someone with such hours.) This is a matter that should have resulted in an @ call.

I am going to leave the final decision here to Reebs as I feel it's his case, he should decide. 

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

I'd like to clarify a couple of things. 

Metagaming: In my statement it says and I quote "I knew that he wasn't a Paramedic because I saw him (SirMinus) just minutes ago preaching in nexus". I recoginsed the voice. I wouldn't have needed nor did I use OOC ways to know that.

The Comparison between Paramedic and Criminal: I don't think I explained that point well enough. I was pointing out the differences in the way these two people drive. I wasn't comparing there physical differences but differences when driving. You can imagine a Criminal would be driving quite fast and not care if he crashed into something or someone whereas a Paramedic would be more careful and would definitely care if for any reason he crashed into something or someone. From a Police officers point of view, I think it wouldn't seem normal for a Paramedic to be driving like the way it was which could suggest that a Paramedic is not driving.
Nj,

The main problem that we have here, is that you know better than to Teamkill, you've said it yourself twice throughout this Unblacklist Request, and because you definitely know better, you were punished for it. You gave your reasons for shooting at the vehicle, but you know that Hot Pursuit must be the first option in all scenarios.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(07-21-2016, 10:48 PM)Reebs Wrote: Nj,

The main problem that we have here, is that you know better than to Teamkill, you've said it yourself twice throughout this Unblacklist Request, and because you definitely know better, you were punished for it. You gave your reasons for shooting at the vehicle, but you know that Hot Pursuit must be the first option in all scenarios.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator

I understand Reebs but I cannot emphasize this fact anymore than I already have, if I knew a Paramedic was driving the ambulance I never would've shot at it. At the time, I thought I was doing the right thing. I certainly do not feel proud of what I did but I literally had to make a decision in about 5 seconds or less and that presented itself as the best option.
But why would you not get into gear and get in front of the ambulance to place the driver at gunpoint? Violence should always be the last option and it should not have even been an option in this case. During those 5 seconds, you could have gotten in front of the ambulance which you suspected would drive away to put the driver at gunpoint and order him out of the car.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Situation could and should have been handled differently. You are responsible for making the right decisions and you should have attempted to verify whether or not your hunch of the driver being a citizen was correct.

Denied.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator