Njperry50's Unblacklist Request
Your Name: Njperry50

Your blacklist ID: 81037

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67320791

Reason: Teamkill, Should know better.

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL:M] Reebs

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: 

First of all, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to the paramedic that was killed in this incident and I would also like to apologies for any disruption I may have caused in the process of the event.

In this UBR I would like to explain in full detail my side of the story and the reasoning behind my actions. I would also like to outline that this Teamkill was a pure mistake/accident. I would never under any circumstances do something like that in a conscious mind set. 

My statement of the event: I was a Police sergeant and I was walking on the sidewalk by mainstreet doing normal routine patrol when I looked across to the other side of the street and noticing an ambulance being driven in a very dangerous manor. The ambulance then at quite high speed reversed over the grass verge, running someone over in the process and moving completely across the main road clearly without checking to make sure that it is clear and even making it into the parking area for cars on the other side of the street which was the side I was standing on. When the ambulance stopped for a moment, I heard SirMinus's Voice coming from the ambulance. I knew that he wasn't a Paramedic because I had just saw him minutes ago preaching in nexus. Now I was behind the ambulance this whole time, the only transistion of posistion I made was to the farther right of the ambulance at the back of it. The quite abnormally behaving ambulance gave me the suspicion that the ambulance was being stolen which would explain the reckless driving and the random bystander's voice being heard from the ambulance. With that being said, I then opened fire on the back and right hand side of it and killed the driver. My reasons for shooting at the ambulance was because someone was killed due to the bad driving of the ambulance and as an officer, I am going to want to stop anyone else from getting hurt (I am not suggesting teamkilling by doing this). The second reason was because I had every right to suspect that a Car Theft was taking place as juding by the ambulances unusual speed and disregard for traffic rules, without sirens or headlights on in which it would be doing all of this when responding to an emergency which it wasn't. Now because I was behind the ambulance when this happened, I could not see who was behind the wheel, it was also night time which means it was black and the ambulance was darker than usual. I shot from the far right hand side of the ambulance which is where the passengers seat is which means I could still not see who was driving the ambulance. I was absolutley not directly next to the passengers side so I couldn't see across. After all that, it turns out later that the driver was a paramedic. 

Killing was and has always been my last option, however, it was the only option I had at the time to save someone else from getting hurt and to apprehend a criminal. This was a complete misunderstanding and a silly mistake. Before everyone starts saying "Don't make an unblacklist request if you know you broke the rules" No! I did not know that I had broken a rule. This was a complete accidental rulebreak and certainly not a blatant and/or intentional one. What I did may have been a tad hasty but I did it with the best intentions. If I had shot a paramedic to death on the streets, when and where I was completely aware of what I was doing, then yes I would have deserved a punishment. 

Just to let everyone know reading this thread including staff that I am a Passive Roleplayer and I always priorities Passive rp before Government/Aggressive. In fact, the reason as to why I was a Police Sergeant in the first place was because there was no administrators online at the time to raise my proplimit. I think I have demonstrated to everyone that I am here at Fearless to Roleplay and be a functional and maybe even useful member of this community. I assure everyone I am not here to Minge, Spread negativity or disrupt things. I even have further roleplays planned  and built for later. I promise I will make the effort to ensure nothing like this occurs from me again.
Hello Njperry50,

From the way that I was viewing the situation, it looked quite obvious that SirMinus and Mr. Ranger were not stealing the ambulance because the ambulance was in motion and they were jumping into the back of it.

Furthermore, whether the rule break was intentional or not, you broke the rules, and I decided to blacklist you because you definitely should know better with over 600 hours.

I would also like to bring your attention to rule 12.9. 

Quote:12.9 Police can not shoot vehicles unless it is vital that the car needs to be stopped, for example if the driver is putting lives of others at risk. Hot pursuit must be the first option.

The rule explicitly states the Hot Pursuit should always be the first option, and even if the driver had to be stopped, you failed to attempt to initiate Hot Pursuit of the ambulance that you thought was stolen. 

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(07-20-2016, 12:44 PM)Reebs Wrote: Hello Njperry50,

From the way that I was viewing the situation, it looked quite obvious that SirMinus and Mr. Ranger were not stealing the ambulance because the ambulance was in motion and they were jumping into the back of it.

Furthermore, whether the rule break was intentional or not, you broke the rules, and I decided to blacklist you because you definitely should know better with over 600 hours.

I would also like to bring your attention to rule 12.9. 

Quote:12.9 Police can not shoot vehicles unless it is vital that the car needs to be stopped, for example if the driver is putting lives of others at risk. Hot pursuit must be the first option.

The rule explicitly states the Hot Pursuit should always be the first option, and even if the driver had to be stopped, you failed to attempt to initiate Hot Pursuit of the ambulance that you thought was stolen. 

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Reebs, Let me assure you that I do know better. As I have stated already, I would not have done what I did had I known it was a Paramedic in the ambulance. I was going to add in the third reason as to why I shot at the ambulance but I forgot. I fired at the ambulance because the Ambulance began maneuvering itself into a position where it could drive off, I would've have held the diver under gun point if the vehicle was stationary but I could see it was about to drive off. The Driver was indeed putting other peoples lives at risk because it ran someone over whilst reversing over the grass verge. One of them definitely got into the Ambulance before I saw what was happening otherwise I wouldn't have shot at the ambulance, I would have taken the right approach by reporting the Paramedic to the President.
Whether the ambulance was endangering the lives of other drivers or people, Hot Pursuit must be the first option. You failed to attempt Hot Pursuit, and you also failed to attempt to verify the identity of the driver. You should know what you're shooting at before squeezing the trigger, in both real life, and FLs semi-serious servers.

I'm fully aware that you know better, which was a deciding factor in why I blacklisted you.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
I thought the breaking of the traffic laws/procedures and the death of an innocent citizen resulting from that spoke for itself really. At that point, I was almost certain of what I was shooting at which in my mind was a deadly Car Thief. It's also not that I failed to Verify who the driver was, it's that I couldn't because the vehicle was literally about to flee the scene and a vehicle can get a good distance away from someone on foot in a matter of seconds which is why I had to resort to shooting him down.
===Involved====

We didn't steal the vehicle we were getting arrested so we hid in the back of it. And we were rping Whiterun guards not criminals.
(07-20-2016, 01:55 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: ===Involved====

We didn't steal the vehicle we were getting arrested so we hid in the back of it. And we were rping Whiterun guards not criminals.

I never said you or SirMinus stole the vehicle. It just looked like it and what led me to believe it was possibly getting stolen.
(07-20-2016, 02:11 PM)Njperry50 Wrote: I never said you or SirMinus stole the vehicle. It just looked like it and what led me to believe it was possibly getting stolen.

There's a difference between possibly getting stolen and actually getting stolen.

Why would you open fire on a vehicle you could easily get in front of and get the driver at gunpoint? If he's about to drive off, as a cop I would get my ass in gear and get right in front of him. If he started to continue to try to move with me in front of him, about to run me over, I would start shooting.

If we don't even allow teamkill in self defense, there's no excuse for what was done in this situation. What inspired you to open fire on a vehicle without knowing the occupancy?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
(07-21-2016, 12:34 AM)Hitman Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 02:11 PM)Njperry50 Wrote: I never said you or SirMinus stole the vehicle. It just looked like it and what led me to believe it was possibly getting stolen.

There's a difference between possibly getting stolen and actually getting stolen.

Why would you open fire on a vehicle you could easily get in front of and get the driver at gunpoint? If he's about to drive off, as a cop I would get my ass in gear and get right in front of him. If he started to continue to try to move with me in front of him, about to run me over, I would start shooting.

If we don't even allow teamkill in self defense, there's no excuse for what was done in this situation. What inspired you to open fire on a vehicle without knowing the occupancy?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

What inspired you to open fire on a vehicle without knowing the occupancy?

1: The Reckless driving had caused a death of a citizen. So as to prevent any further fatalities. 
2: A Random bystander's voice was heard from the ambulance. At that point I was positive it wasn't a Paramedic.
3: To apprehend a Car thief and at that point in time, Murderer.
4: Because the driver attempted to flee the scene. You don't see many Paramedics driving off after they hit someone.

All of the above were the suspicious activities which resulted in me opening fire. Wouldn't you agree with me that anything outside the norm is suspicious? In this case, a Paramedic that completely disregards the lifes of others, Disregards the laws especially seeing as they work for the government, drives at high speed with no headlights or sirens in which that would be happening when responding to an emergency which it wasn't and trying to evade Police when pursued. I think it could be very easy for a Police officer to confuse a Paramedic with a Criminal in this case especially if they can't see who's driving.
(07-21-2016, 09:51 AM)Njperry50 Wrote: What inspired you to open fire on a vehicle without knowing the occupancy?

1: The Reckless driving had caused a death of a citizen. So as to prevent any further fatalities. 
2: A Random bystander's voice was heard from the ambulance. At that point I was positive it wasn't a Paramedic.
4: Because the driver attempted to flee the scene. You don't see many Paramedics driving off after they hit someone.

All of the above were the suspicious activities which resulted in me opening fire. Wouldn't you agree with me that anything outside the norm is suspicious? In this case, a Paramedic that completely disregards the lifes of others, Disregards the laws especially seeing as they work for the government, drives at high speed with no headlights or sirens in which that would be happening when responding to an emergency which it wasn't and trying to evade Police when pursued. I think it could be very easy for a Police officer to confuse a Paramedic with a Criminal in this case especially if they can't see who's driving.

• Would be acceptable if the driver wasn't a paramedic. Report a CDMing Ambulance next time. Not that hard to find if the online staff member actually looks for it.

• If you would have cared enough to go around to the other side of the vehicle then you would have seen the paramedic and not shot and killed him.

• If your goal was to apprehend then you would have engaged a pursuit not shot and killed the driver.

• Simply fleeing the scene I'd say is borderline for killing a suspect. And as stated in the response to point 1, why not report a CDMing ambulance?
Quote:All of the above were the suspicious activities which resulted in me opening fire. Wouldn't you agree with me that anything outside the norm is suspicious? In this case, a Paramedic that completely disregards the lifes of others, Disregards the laws especially seeing as they work for the government, drives at high speed with no headlights or sirens in which that would be happening when responding to an emergency which it wasn't and trying to evade Police when pursued. I think it could be very easy for a Police officer to confuse a Paramedic with a Criminal in this case especially if they can't see who's driving.

While they may be suspicious activities I don't think any should have resulted in you opening fire on the ambulance. If you want to put it in roleplay terms, you wouldn't know if there's an injured person in the back and wouldn't want a stray bullet to land in their skull would you? A paramedic disregarding the lives of others by CDM is rule breakage. As far as breaking the law and fleeing police, one could say it's minor FailRP.

It is not easy to confuse a paramedic with a citizen when they wear specific clothing. As for not seeing the driver, as I stated you could have went to the other side of the vehicle to get a clear line of sight. As far as the voices go, if you couldn't see the person talking then you would have had to be metagaming looking down at the name of the person who is speaking.

I personally feel the blacklist issued to you is justified (although light for someone with such hours.) This is a matter that should have resulted in an @ call.

I am going to allow Reebs to make a decision and make a final judgement based upon that.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator