[TRIGGER ALERT] The fuck is up with all this political correctness?
We just have to accept the fact that the Middle East and Western ideology are separate and cannot be intertwined.

Islam is a religion that isn't of violence, but rather one that influences it in many ways. There are many Saudi links to IS and Al Qaeda and it is because they have always been against Western beliefs. The idea of equality has always been something to not bring up in UAE. Being homosexual, transgender or even an adulteress has been known to lead you to be stoned or beheaded. It's not just terrorism on our fronts that we face, it is people of Islamic countries that face a greater threat. We in America believe that everyone should be treated the same, that no one can dictate what religion you follow or question the way you were born or what you do with your life. We have freedoms that you cannot have, such as the freedom of speech and many others.

As mentioned by many here, the Quran can be literally interpreted to spread violence against those who oppose Islam. Does Christianity do such in the same manner? Probably not. Does Buddhism? Nope. Judaism? Nah.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • MegaOmega
(07-20-2016, 02:50 AM)Midget Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 01:54 AM)blu Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 01:43 AM)Midget Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 12:56 AM)blu Wrote: Greed, I understand you hate Islam and Muslims, it's all good bro. We get it, we're all terrorist and we're all born with bombs attached to us. I accept that you hate me and my kind, despite that, we can still be friends if you wish.
What kind of dirty technique is this get people to feel sorry for you?

You are all not terrorists, but many of the people that believes in the religion you believe in truly believe it. They do what it says and believe what they are doing is right. 
The difference between you and the extremists is that you don't follow the Quran literally, you only follow the things you want to follow. 
You're also sensible enough to understand that following the Quran is not good, and that the Quran is preaching violence. Because if you didn't understand that you would be following the Quran by the word.

Getting people to feel sorry for me? I'm not following the Quran by the word? I love how you just assume things.

Not looking for sympathy cause there isn't anything for anyone give me sympathy for. If you got to know me a little better, you'll get what I mean. Secondly, Why don't you just take it the other way around, they (Extremists) misinterpret the Quran as opposed to assuming whether or not I follow the Quran. The thing I find quite striking about all this is the fact that an intelligent individual such as yourself fails to see the other side of the argument.
I figured you weren't following the Quran by the word because that would make you an extremist. Of course I assume you are not an extremist. 
I was "asking" if you wanted people to feel sorry for you. By how you wrote your post it seemed so. 

The extremists don't misinterpret the Quran, they are extremists, it's in the word. They follow the Quran literally. 
They believe that there is only one god, and that anyone who does not believe that should be struck down.
I am sorry if you don't follow the Quran, however it very much seems so by your statements. 
(Not extremism.)

And no, in this case I do not see the other side of the argument. Before your second post there wasn't much of an argument other than: "I know you hate me and I accept that.".

You're absolutely correct, Extremism shouldn't have been the word/phrase I initially used. Rather Radical Islam. Definition (You can find it on Google.): While professing unwavering faith in a transcendent deity, radical Islam is a militant, politically activist ideology whose ultimate goal is to create a worldwide community, or caliphate, of Muslim believers.

Now that that is out of the way, allow me to elaborate on Radical Islam and how it can be made extreme (even more than it already is). In order to do that we must make a distinction between Radical Islam and well, Islam (they are completely different things, they also oppose each other on different things). Radical Islam is militant and has a political drive with an end goal which is to establish a caliphate. Islam is a religion. Let me put it short and simple as I will no longer take part in any religious arguments since I haven't the will nor the time to type in essays worth of explanation. Our religion should NEVER be driven by politics and, cannot be an Ideology let alone derive one from it's teachings. Yet you see terrorist groups such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, The Taliban, and various others preaching false interpretation of the Quran. Why do they do that? Well simply because they strive for political gain. If you recall what I said a few lines back, I've defined through the use of Google: Radical Islam. All these groups, are fundamentalists because they have developed an ideology derived from false interpretations of the Quran solely for political gain. Take a wild guess about who joins them. I'll give you a second to think. I have a better idea: Have you ever met someone that is so gullible, foolish, and easy? Wait a second, that won't cut it. Even if you tell a person that stupid to kill a bunch of innocent people by blowing himself up would look at you funny and report you to the authorities. No, the problem here is deeper. It takes more than just a dumbass to commit an act as cruel as that of taking the lives of innocent people. It takes a brainwashed dumbass. Just a note for you to sleep on a little bit, unfortunately in remote villages within countries such as Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and even Saudi Arabia (although massively less than the ones mentioned before), education is dangerously scarce, thereby making the recruitment process hella easier. It's also easy to corrupt a growing child's mind through the constant bullshit shoving they practice in Afghanistan. (I won't get into detail with that.) Alright, so tick that off the list. they've successfully rounded up a bunch of idiots that have been brainwashed. Once again, to keep this shit from turning into an essay they promise them 72 virgins and stuff. So now they are in control of army of retards. What do they do? Try to establish a Caliphate. I keep referencing political gain, this is what it leads up to. (keep in mind the ones behind this are evil greedy ruthless men with no conscience or moral values at all.) What's the best way to start a new country? Destabilize the one that already exists. ISIS is something strange, very very strange. They are truly a tumor on this earth, the true scum. They rose when 2 countries collapsed at the same time. Notice how all of these groups are conventionally considered terrorist groups? Because they are what they are. En plus they are only a few thousands in the face of 23% of the earth's population. The only way to combat them is through education of the ones who haven't been brainwashed. Then their numbers shall dwindle at a fast pace though education and Counter Terrorism Operations, which is currently underway. The Middle East has always been a troublesome region in terms of religion, everyone is trying to ascend into power bla bla bla. Once again let me remind you, Islam is a Religion, something it's believers practice in their homes, extremists, after being reminded and corrected, are the ones who follow the religion and try to impose it upon you (which is not allowed,) and finally Radical Islam is the bearer of terrorism. Fun fact: Terrorism is prevalent  the Middle East, North Africa, Southeast Asia, and India more than Europe (I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM BELITTLING THE LIVED THAT WERE LOST IN ANY OF THE ATTACKS THAT TOOK PLACE IN EUROPE, MERELY POINTING OUT THAT IT'S NOT JUST WHERE ITS GOING ON, ANY LOSS OF LIFE IS A TRAGEDY ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HAPPENS LIKE THIS .) Google: "Although terrorist attacks occurred in 93 different countries in 2013, they were heavily concentrated geographically. More than half of all attacks (57%) and fatalities (66%), and nearly three-quarters of all injuries (73%) occurred in three countries:IraqPakistan, and Afghanistan." So do you get what I mean? It's politically driven. As a result the region is in turmoil. All this talk depresses me but somebody has to say it.

The Direct translation of Islam from Arabic to English is literally "Peace."
They defaced this religion, and for what? Nothing.
A Quote I found on a site words precisely the idea why these Muslims can't let go of their faith: "Islam's adherents find their faith immensely appealing, for the religion possesses an inner strength that is quite extraordinary." This is why I can't let go of Islam despite what everyone says about it, in fact all Muslims feel the same way. Those evil men I talked about use this also as an exploit to brainwash the uneducated masses. We actually classify them as animals btw.

In conclusion, I'm not the perfect Muslim, I'm 18 and I smoke, drink, party, fuck, barely pray, just like anyone else and do all the don'ts in what I believe in and lo and behold, still a Muslim, not a terrorist. Why? Because I am capable of rational thought, and I have a world class education in pursuit of Higher education, I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge like most of you here and most of the Muslims around the world.

Greed was talking about being sick of SJW's, all I have to say is that there must be SJWs for humanity to progress with peace and love spread all around. Not hate. If it wasn't for SJ there would be insane amounts of segregation and discrimination which only leaves room for hate, and the more hate, the more wars and the less progressive we are as humans on this planet.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is please blame it on Radical Islam but not Islam or Muslims in general because for the most part, they're all average joe's trying to make a living and raise a family and so on. 

Midget, I take your opinion in high regard that's why I keep responding to you about this topic since you believe that, despite you being an Athiest, religion should be discussed because it is a large part of world affairs. So I respect that in you, it goes to show that you're an open minded person. I'm not looking for sympathy either because I'm proud of who I am so don't think of me that way. I sincerely hope that this shifts your opinion slightly about all this and clears things up as well. 

GreeD, you're entitled to your own opinion so you do you boo boo.

As for the rest of the readers, thank you for your time, I hope you've understood something out of this, I've rambled on for too long and probably jumped topics too much but that's because this will be my final post on anything regarding religion and it's like 7 am where I am now so fuck me.
Eggplant
(07-20-2016, 12:56 AM)blu Wrote: Greed, I understand you hate Islam and Muslims, it's all good bro. We get it, we're all terrorist and we're all born with bombs attached to us. I accept that you hate me and my kind, despite that, we can still be friends if you wish.

I don't hate Islam but I get really pissed when muslims like you pull the pity card
Why is it, when christianity gets made fun of, it's all bants, but when it's islam, it's wrong.
Stop thinking the whole world is against your religion, it's pure social justice bullshit
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Hitman, Nadrickk
(07-20-2016, 02:42 AM)Adam James Wrote: Edit:
Found this; thanks Awe for posting it.

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you should disbelieve as they disbelieve, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."

Quran (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist."

Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/...stasy.aspx 

Thread: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69837

So no "extremist" are literally following the Quran.

Now those quotes are invalid and youre using the limited context in your favour. The quotes you just wrote down are in a paragraph of the Quran where a war is being described between two empires, hence the violent language.

Im not a muslim or anything but its quite annoying to see people quote religious books they know nothing about.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • blu
(07-20-2016, 10:43 AM)Baskingner Wrote: Now those quotes are invalid and youre using the limited context in your favour. The quotes you just wrote down are in a paragraph of the Quran where a war is being described between two empires, hence the violent language.

Im not a muslim or anything but its quite annoying to see people quote religious books they know nothing about.

These are not the only examples.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(07-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Midget Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 10:43 AM)Baskingner Wrote: Now those quotes are invalid and youre using the limited context in your favour. The quotes you just wrote down are in a paragraph of the Quran where a war is being described between two empires, hence the violent language.

So youre saying that giving bad examples is alright as long as there are more bad examples? I dont agree on that.
If you are going to accuse a religion, or even religion in general, of inciting violence then you should have some quotes to back it up, not a random quote taken completely out of context.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • blu
(07-20-2016, 04:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Midget Wrote:

So youre saying that giving bad examples is alright as long as there are more bad examples? I dont agree on that.
If you are going to accuse a religion, or even religion in general, of inciting violence then you should have some quotes to back it up, not a random quote taken completely out of context.

You king.
Eggplant
(07-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Midget Wrote: These are not the only examples.

I agree with you. My bad.

However there is not just bad examples.
You can find all violent verses in the Quran very easily.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages...lence.aspx
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(07-20-2016, 08:27 PM)Midget Wrote:

[Image: 6mbJFvA.jpg]
(07-20-2016, 08:27 PM)Midget Wrote:

Same reply as last time. The site you quoted is created to make the islam look like an aggresive religion. 109 verses of violence? Im 100% sure its bullshit.

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... 
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" 

This part in particulair is very poorly explained. They (the quoted site) claim that it is regarding an offensive war against his (mohammeds) adversaries, and thus inciting violence, but it couldnt be further from the truth. Mohammed had been chased down by people who wanted to see him dead and this was the first time that the tables were turned and Mohammed could strike at his enemies, hence the violent language.

I am not here to defend the holy book of Islam, im just pointing out flaws in your argument. There is plenty of stuff in the Quaran i dont like myself either but that doesnt mean that the entire islam is an aggresive, dangerous movement in my eyes.

I am christian myself, and let me quote a paragraph from the bible:

"“If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurelye but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."

- Exodus 21:22

This paragraph itself incites violence, it calls for revenge if someone wrongs you. Does that mean that all christians want to kill someone who took a life himself? Ofcourse not. A few violent paragraphs written in the religions holy book doesnt make that religion violent, the actions of its followers does however.

TL:DR
Claiming the Quran is the source of violence is bullcrap. Terrorists claiming they act in the name of Allah are either lying or deluded because it has nothing to do with religion. I understand that people want to hold the Islam responsible for all the terrorist attacks, but in my eyes thats not fair for the people who do actually believe in Allah peacefully.