Regarding Law Enforcement
Instead of discouraging police officers to take aggressive action towards black people.
We should get to the root of WHY black people commit more crimes.

Police officers shouldn't be discouraged or hesitant to protect their life.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I always find this video interesting...Police Scotland invited over several top cops from America to show them how they should deal with people that are threatening towards them. The first comment they make "hes getting shot" with a big fucking grin on their faces thats the wrong mentality totally. IMO cops in America are far too trigger happy.

https://youtu.be/v8qa5Wk_f7U
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Random, mintblackbeard
Correlation not equal to causation.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(07-13-2016, 10:03 AM)Marty Wrote: I always find this video interesting...Police Scotland invited over several top cops from America to show them how they should deal with people that are threatening towards them. The first comment they make "hes getting shot" with a big freaking grin on their faces thats the wrong mentality totally. IMO cops in America are far too trigger happy.

-snip-

The situation in the video is regarding knife/machete attacks. See the video below concerning the safe distance to a melee opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh8qf9My2pg

Quote:The first comment they make "he's getting shot" with a big freaking grin on their faces
I sure as hell would be saying the same thing. You seem to be implying that just because they're smiling they somehow enjoy shooting people. Also note, he didn't say 'kill', he said 'shot', which doesn't have to be lethal. On top of that, the video you posted is clearly loaded with a 'propoganda' effect, as the second part of it is just a bunch of clips with white cop on black guy reports.

(07-13-2016, 10:49 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Correlation not equal to causation.

Surely it doesn't, but it's quite unreasonable to say that the two underlying actions behind those statistics have no effect on each other whatsoever.
The following 2 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Azog, Random
Of course I'm going to chirp in here.

The statistics that so many people feel the need to share, that show things such as 'Black people are more likely to commit crimes' are completely true.
But does this mean that their race is the problem? No.

Black people are suspected to commit crimes due to their lack of father figures, making them lack a role model in their life, this is due to the fact that black nuclear families are the families that are the most likely to be separated due to factors such as poverty and education.

And so, it is actually the fact that black people don't have this equal share of a mother and father figure within their lives that lean them towards anti-social behavior that contributes to these statistics that say they are more likely to commit crimes.

Race does not affect a person behavior, no one is born in a certain way, it is purely their physiological state and society that affects how their lives play out.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 4 users Like Divey's post:
  • aviator, mintblackbeard, Haarek, Marty
I agree with bits and pieces from all of your points.

Like Avgar said, a bunch of the video Marty posted is propaganda. It says in the video how many was killed in 2015. Not how many armed/unarmed people were killed. 

I had no idea that was the safe distance, Avgar. That suprised me.

Edit: What about this young white man? He had done nothing that made the officer tase the man, then drag him on the ground. No one talks about him, he is now suffering heavy brain damage, and is in a coma. 

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/vid...675413089/

#AllLivesMatter
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(07-13-2016, 10:49 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Correlation not equal to causation.

Indeed, that is true - but...

If these statistics shown here are true, then yes - it appears there may be a causal link between rates of black crime and black people being shot. In fact, you don't even need mathematics and statistics to understand that if, for whatever reason, a group of people commit more crime then it would follow that more of that group will be incarcerated/shot/killed for such crimes.

What is more important is that we get to the bottom of why so many black people get caught up in such situations. Is it to do with the police? Is it to do with their upbringing? Once the problems are identified then it would makes sense to go about correcting that.

(07-13-2016, 12:36 PM)Divey Wrote: Race does not affect a person behavior, no one is born in a certain way, it is purely their physiological state and society that affects how their lives play out.

Divey here (not just the section quoted) is correct. By stating the fact that black people commit more crime et cetera does not suggest it is because they're black. It depends on the causation we're discussing. It would be absurd to say it was due to their race, but as I said above - we need to look at the real cause for it.

As the argument, nature versus nurture - one's behaviour as such is likely to be nurture (their upbringing/experiences as a child).
Regards,
aviator
The following 3 users Like aviator's post:
  • Agorith, Divey, Reebs
I agree entirely.

No cop should be abused for PROTECTING you. What logic is that? You would never go and shout "Oi fuck off pig" to a member of the military for serving and protecting you so why do it to the police?

Yes there are some cops that are racist, some that do shoot when it's not needed, some do make the wrong decision and that isn't okay but why should the cops that are doing a good job, aren't racist, care about the people they are serving and are putting their life on the line for YOU be abused?
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • Reebs
(07-13-2016, 12:36 PM)Divey Wrote: Race does not affect a person behavior, no one is born in a certain way, it is purely their physiological state and society that affects how their lives play out.

[Image: 9bed104b50984f5d74d7df774b94f538.png]
The nations where the IQ average is lowest are all African countries. - Would you not say that IQ has anything to do with how somebody behave, act, or is?
(https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country)
For as long as we know, Europeans have had better technology. Hell, "we" even managed to take control over 90% of their continent. 
The nations where whites took foothold, like South Africa for example, is the places where the economy and technology is at its most modern. But on the other side of the colonization board, "people" are still making houses from shit, coloring their hair yellow by getting pissed on by cows.
Blacks have a different build on muscles, making them more "explosive"

Before you go saying "ahh, iz because their culture is that way, not their race." ----> Do culture create people, or do people create culture?
Different race, different traits. - All valuable. Do not feel ashamed for thinking your own people, your own family, should be maintained before others. 

raycist right?
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
Oh so it turns out the 3rd world country's which contain little in terms of schools etc for people and are really under developed compared to first world countries have lower IQ compared to the other contries.  Well I'll be dipped in shit and rolled in bread crums.  Someone give azog a Nobel prize. Ground breaking stuff.

And also when i said Correlation does not imply causation  i was actually just quoting a phrase. 
There is a Correlation between being fat and having heart problems. Does this mean if i'm fat i also have a heart problem? Does this mean if i have a heart problem i'm fat? Nope and noooope.  Same goes for everything else. No arguments against it this is something very basic and very fundamental especially in medical world.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 3 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Reebs, Holdem, mgdwszx