Regarding Law Enforcement
Right, I don't usually post long ass things like this. Just hear me out for this one, please. 

A lot of the social media and everything these days often give Police a bad rap. I don't know why nobody realizes this one thing I'm about to say. Some one once told me something, something that will probably stick with me for the rest of my life. 

"A lot of people don't realize these two things: Number one: there's a heart behind the badge, and with that heart comes a person. A person that lays his or her life on the line for YOU. A person who could never get a chance to say their proper goodbyes to his family, his friends. Number two: just like how there are bad people, and how most of them are good, most Police Officers are good people with only a handful of bad ones. Never forget those two things."

That being said, it is probably quite obvious that I proudly support both the Thin Blue Line and Blue Lives Matter movements. I support the Thin Red Line and Thin White Line movements as well. 

For those of you who do not know:

Thin Blue Line and Blue Lives Matter support Police and other LEOs, Thin Red Line supports Fire Department while Thin White Line represents EMS. I felt that last part had to be cleared up so that it's not suspected that I am a racist or anything. 

Now, I would just like to know everyone's opinion on this matter, and I ask that you remain as mild as possible, and only post if you have something constructive to add to the conversation, meaning no shitposts please.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
#BlackLivesMatter

Going by the statistics if your are black, in America you are 2.5 time more likely to be shot by police than if you were white.

In my opinion Blue Lives matter is a smear campaign against Black Lives Matter and is actually used sarcastically, something that probably started as a precinct joke...
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-13-2016, 01:14 AM)Marty Wrote: Going by the statistics if your are black, in America you are 2.5 time more likely to be shot by police than if you were white.

With that logic, going by the statistics, if you're black, in Merica you're more likely to do crimes than if you were white
[Image: RefsUgR.png]
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Hitman, Nuka, Nadrickk
(07-13-2016, 01:32 AM)Greed^ Wrote: -Snip-

I don't disagree, however if I grew up in a "hood" with very little prospects in life, family troubles, easy access to drugs, easy money in crime....as a way to make ends meet or as part of a way to live a comfortable lifestyle I probably would be involved in more criminal activities than others not in that situation.

Poverty has a major factor to play in crime levels, look at any are where there is high levels of poverty and so guarantee there are high crime levels also.

Instead of incarcerating and shooting disadvantage and vulnerable groups Americans as a nation and as humans should be doing more to help them.

It's well known in America, if you go to a "community college" your chances of gaining employment with the same qualification as someone that went to an Ivy League one drastically drops...
(07-13-2016, 01:46 AM)Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 01:32 AM)Greed^ Wrote: -Snip-

-snip-

Meh, in the end who cares about america
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Azog, Foxirius2205
(07-13-2016, 01:58 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Meh, in the end who cares about america

Not even the Americans....
(07-13-2016, 02:01 AM)Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 01:58 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Meh, in the end who cares about america

Not even the Americans....

I do. I'm proud to be an American, and I'd gladly serve my country if I was called to do so. 

That being said, I want to thank you for sharing your opinion on this matter.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
People act as if statistics have no correlation to one another.

If more black people commit crimes than other races, isn't it obvious they're going to get shot at more than other races?

EDIT: this article sums it up quite well, in my opinion: http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-sta...on-bandler
The following 5 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Azog, Reebs, Link, Hitman
(07-13-2016, 07:33 AM)Avgar Wrote: People act as if statistics have no correlation to one another.

If more black people commit crimes than other races, isn't it obvious they're going to get shot at more than other races?

EDIT: this article sums it up quite well, in my opinion: http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-sta...on-bandler

I say this, but i get called racist :/

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
[Image: 2987935b64f09e26687f56a670c3b670610dcdc6...f55224.png]
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
The following 4 users Like Azog's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Link, Balls, Nuka